PDA

View Full Version : Dogs Crack 34,000 Members

bornadog
08-06-2010, 01:05 PM
34,030 as at 7th June.

This is great for the club and lets hope we can build on this.

chef
08-06-2010, 01:33 PM
34,030 as at 7th June.

This is great for the club and lets hope we can build on this.

Wow, this is an amazing effort by the Dogs and all their supporters.

Mantis
08-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Yep, great effort.

Important we play well in the 2nd half of the season such that the 'bandwagoners' renew next year.

Prince Imperial
08-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Remember this is our total membership - our official game day membership is probably just over 31k which is the real comparison to last year's 28,216 figure.

I noticed in the Hun this morning an ad for our 3 game membership. Unfortunately our website has failed to advertise this at all even though its been available for a few weeks now. You really have to go looking for the link to buy one. :(

mighty_west
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I noticed in the Hun this morning an ad for our 3 game membership. Unfortunately our website has failed to advertise this at all even though its been available for a few weeks now. You really have to go looking for the link to buy one. :(

We have that 3 game option do we? wow, i know someone who is a Tigers supporter who purchsed the 3 game membership a while back, and i'm sure i heard Essendon advertise the same 3 game membership for their club, and was thinking, why don't we do that?

Unless this is a brand spanking new concept for the club right now, someone in the advertising office needs a swift kick up the backside.

bornadog
08-06-2010, 03:20 PM
We have that 3 game option do we? wow, i know someone who is a Tigers supporter who purchsed the 3 game membership a while back, and i'm sure i heard Essendon advertise the same 3 game membership for their club, and was thinking, why don't we do that?

Unless this is a brand spanking new concept for the club right now, someone in the advertising office needs a swift kick up the backside.

It is fairly new and not sure if the club counts them in the total. I once heard Smorgo say we only count full memberships whereas other clubs count everything (see Hawthorn who bullshit about their 50,000 members)

divvydan
08-06-2010, 03:23 PM
The AFL does count them in the official tallies which is the reason why every club now is coming out with 3 game memberships to boost their membership tally which in turn helps with getting and retaining sponsorships and probably gives them more weight when trying to get the fixture they want from the AFL and then thus the prime time tv spots.

The idea itself is actually quite solid too as a midseason sort of membership to try and encourage people to get a taste of football with the plan to direct them onto 11 or 16-18 game memberships in future years.

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 03:25 PM
It is fairly new and not sure if the club counts them in the total. I once heard Smorgo say we only count full memberships whereas other clubs count everything (see Hawthorn who bullshit about their 50,000 members)

Interesting fact that I didn't know! So, do all other clubs count their memberships that way? As a team always been seen as the "poor relation", in a way I wish we counted every darn membership - this would be a level playing field then. Anyone know why we don't count every membership? :confused:

mighty_west
08-06-2010, 03:40 PM

Yeah i know, and i think that the way it works, some clubs do, some don't is a total crock.

That said, it's not just the numbers being shown on the membership scoreboard, but the bottom dollar, and known that there are people out there that want value for money, and who can blame them, why would you purchase a membership half way through a season etc? If we can get alot more bandwagoners who might just or can only get to 2,3,4 games a year...............

Sockeye Salmon
08-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Interesting fact that I didn't know! So, do all other clubs count their memberships that way? As a team always been seen as the "poor relation", in a way I wish we counted every darn membership - this would be a level playing field then. Anyone know why we don't count every membership? :confused:

Hawthorn include their 7,000 Tasmanian memberships

aker39
08-06-2010, 04:19 PM

We used to only count full memberships, but that is no longer the case.

The club couldn't afford to have all of the other clubs showing inflated figures and us showing true figures, so we joined the mob, and know show our total membership.

The AFL include the 3 game membership in the official figures, so they also qualify for finals tickets.

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Hawthorn include their 7,000 Tasmanian memberships

A guy i know is a Hawks Melbourne member, but has an upgrade for Tassie as well.

He reckons they count him as a double person, which is why there figure is so high.