PDA

View Full Version : Grant clear to play

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/95960/default.aspx:)

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 07:49 PM
AWESOME news!

Dry Rot
08-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Reid did the right thing - good on him.

chef
08-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Excellent news, I'm looking forward to seeing him play this week.

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 08:32 PM
This boy could be anything

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Fannnntastic.

DOG GOD
08-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Cool. I'm flying over this week to see the game, so its good that i'll get to see him LIVE!!!!!

AndrewP6
08-06-2010, 09:12 PM
good to hear!

Doggy
08-06-2010, 09:15 PM
He's overdue for a rising star nomination one feels

Doggy
08-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Just read this beauty in the Herald Sun's readers comments.

See ya Grant Posted at 12:36 PM Today
How can Grant get off after being caught on camera hitting Reid and then Reid haunched over coughing up blood? Is this the dumbest move ever? Grant deserves 2 weeks just for being so stupid to contest it.

Comment 5 of 22

Scorlibo
08-06-2010, 10:00 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/95960/default.aspx:)

Great news.

What is with the last quote in this article?:

"It was a bit hard [to apologise] in there but I'll speak to Ben. I knew him before so I'll speak to him in the near future."

The bit in brackets that the writer has added makes Jarrad sound like a loser. It makes more sense without the bracketed insert.

w3design
08-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Well, something has gone right. Grant has been a bit of a shining light this year and the more games we get into him the better. Thank you Ben Reid.

azabob
08-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Great news.

"It was a bit hard [to apologise] in there but I'll speak to Ben. I knew him before so I'll speak to him in the near future."

The bit in brackets that the writer has added makes Jarrad sound like a loser. It makes more sense without the bracketed insert.

Why does I make Grant sound like a loser? If they are mates and it was an accident?

Scorlibo
08-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Why does I make Grant sound like a loser? If they are mates and it was an accident?

I don't mean a loser to apologise, quite the opposite. 'It was a bit hard to apologise', I'm sure his apology was more meaningful than this sentence would suggest.

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Yippee :D

azabob
08-06-2010, 10:21 PM
I don't mean a loser to apologise, quite the opposite. 'It was a bit hard to apologise', I'm sure his apology was more meaningful than this sentence would suggest.

Ah ok cool.

Rocco Jones
08-06-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm stealing material from my own facebook status here.

Love the tribunal. Grant plays this week because hitting someone in the throat is 'low impact'. Accidentally tap someone on the head= you're gone, punch someone in throat= all good.

Great for us but the tribunal really lacks common sense. I am not sure if points were scaled down but for Maguire to get weeks in that head collison incident and Grant to escape is nuts to me. If Grant did the same thing to Reid's head he would be in a world of trouble, I am pretty sure the throat is a sensitive area of the body too.

AndrewP6
08-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Great news.

I think it just meant with all the goings-on, he didn't have a great opportunity to apologise (in terms of having time etc...)

The Bulldogs Bite
08-06-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm stealing material from my own facebook status here.

Love the tribunal. Grant plays this week because hitting someone in the throat is 'low impact'. Accidentally tap someone on the head= you're gone, punch someone in throat= all good.

Great for us but the tribunal really lacks common sense. I am not sure if points were scaled down but for Maguire to get weeks in that head collison incident and Grant to escape is nuts to me. If Grant did the same thing to Reid's head he would be in a world of trouble, I am pretty sure the throat is a sensitive area of the body too.

It seems as though if you can prove you didn't intentionally make contact, you get off. It's bit of a grey area but in this case, Reid's knees did buckle and that is undoubtedly what got Grant off.

Remi Moses
08-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Just read this beauty in the Herald Sun's readers comments.

See ya Grant Posted at 12:36 PM Today
How can Grant get off after being caught on camera hitting Reid and then Reid haunched over coughing up blood? Is this the dumbest move ever? Grant deserves 2 weeks just for being so stupid to contest it.

Comment 5 of 22

You just realize how Many dimwits there are when you read Comments from readers

Flamethrower
09-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Not surprised at all that the charge was downgraded. Someone at the MRP needs a lesson in medicine and anatomy. The larynx is not part of the head therefore how can it be "high contact". :rolleyes: