PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - Bulldogs vs Kangaroos

GVGjr
01-07-2007, 07:23 AM
This is the discussion thread for todays big game.

Who's you tip to kick the first goal for us? I'll go with Higgins

The games against the Kangaroos and Power are critical for us.

LostDoggy
01-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Cooney to kick our first goal.

We can't afford to drop this game. I'm nervous - but so looking forward to watching the boys playing back in Melbourne again after a month away.

bornadog
01-07-2007, 11:31 AM
I will go for Gia.

How will we go on a wet track.

Mofra
01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Power first goal.

Archer & Grant to both play forward - our geriatric might beat him in the goal tally methinks

GVGjr
01-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Well we were well beaten today and it really cannot just be the emotion of Archers 300th.

LostDoggy
01-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Beaten in all aspects of the game. However, I am pleased the team did not hang their heads and did continue to play the game out right till the final siren (small consolation I know).

Thought Gia worked hard all day which is what I wanted. Kangaroos just wanted it more and our skills were way down. Cross, Griffen, Eagleton and Murphy are sorely missed.

GVGjr
01-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Beaten in all aspects of the game. However, I am pleased the team did not hang their heads and did continue to play the game out right till the final siren (small consolation I know).

Thought Gia worked hard all day which is what I wanted. Kangaroos just wanted it more and our skills were way down. Cross, Griffen, Eagleton and Murphy are sorely missed.

Gia did play well but some of his kicks really put his team mates under pressure. That pass to Hargrave from 25 meters that fell a fair way short and resulted in a free to North really typified the day for us.

LostDoggy
01-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah, and sometimes you need a bit of luck. How was Johnno's backwards goal? About the only highlight.

Dry Rot
01-07-2007, 08:22 PM
My TV broke - had to go to a mate's place and missed the first quarter.

Who was playing on Petrie?

GVGjr
01-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Williams, Harris and Grant all had a stint on him

LostDoggy
01-07-2007, 08:30 PM

Consider yourself lucky. There's a replay on Fox here at 8pm. Dare I tune in?

Dry Rot
01-07-2007, 08:52 PM

I'd recommend going out for a pizza instead.

Even Pizza Hut is better than that rubbish we played.

bornadog
01-07-2007, 09:28 PM
North do not play pretty footy and we fell for it again, our mid field got bottled up and they completly stiffled our game. Kicking for goal was appaliing 11.19 was a shocker with many chances gone missing. Grant missed two he would normally nail, Harbrow missed two, Power missed an easy one, Johnno, passed to some one from 30 metres out and stuffed it up, why the hell was he passing it any way. North were good at tackling us as well as around the stoppages where we got smashed. Very dissapointing and I refuse to watch the replay.

BulldogBelle
01-07-2007, 09:44 PM

You are brave if you do. I don't think I can bear to watch that game again.

Sockeye Salmon
01-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Petrie's first goal was on Harris, his 2nd on Grant, his third was on Morris (Grant was actually his opponent but Grant and Morris got caught out covering for each other), his 4th & 5th were on Williams (the 4th was a hangar that Williams couldn't have stopped) and his 6th was on Harris.

Harris shut him out after that (he did get one more on him) but the horse had already well and truely bolted.

LostDoggy
01-07-2007, 10:32 PM
You are brave if you do. I don't think I can bear to watch that game again.
I tried but have turned it off. Too depressing.

Bulldog Revolution
01-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Horrible display - we tried hard in patches but it was full of mistakes and we were certainly given a touch up in close - they just bottled us up the way Sydney did, and then seemed to have loose men in defence - basically it looked like they had more on the ground in the first quarter. And we gave away too many free kicks

Very disappointing - its an uphill battle from here to have any impact on finals footy

Go_Dogs
02-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Grant missed two he would normally nail, Harbrow missed two, Power missed an easy one, Johnno, passed to some one from 30 metres out and stuffed it up, why the hell was he passing it any way.

Yeah, we did some strange things. I thought the umpiring was pretty terrible in patches too. Overall a pretty disappointing game, but at least Gia/Boyd/Cooney were solid contributors and Grant had a reasonable first game back, Akermanis looks ready for more involvement further up the field so a few positives.

Really makes it tough for us now though.

bornadog
02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah, we did some strange things. I thought the umpiring was pretty terrible in patches too. Overall a pretty disappointing game, but at least Gia/Boyd/Cooney were solid contributors and Grant had a reasonable first game back, Akermanis looks ready for more involvement further up the field so a few positives.

Really makes it tough for us now though.

There were some positives, but we really looked flat for most of the game except the last quarter, seems the break didn't do us much good and our decison making and skills let us down.