PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Susan Alberti

aker39
11-06-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2010/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/96062/default.aspx

Bulldogs Children's Centre Officially Named

Last night the Western Bulldogs celebrated a key milestone in the Whitten Oval redevelopment with the official naming ceremony of the recently opened Community Children’s Centre.

Named in honour of Club Patron and Director Dr Susan Alberti AO Hon LLD, The Susan Alberti Bulldogs Community Children’s Centre is a state of the art facility, which has significantly increased access to affordable, high quality childcare in the West.

Dr Alberti is known to those at the Club for not only her dedication as a Bulldogs Member and Club Director, but also for her generosity, which is what has seen the dream to build a childcare facility at Whitten Oval turn into reality.

As well as thanking and celebrating the work of Dr Alberti, last night’s ceremony also paid tribute to the many generous suppliers and tradesman who assisted in the development of the centre.

The event saw a great turnout and Dr Alberti was incredibly proud, pleased and thankful that she has had a part and will continue to be a part of such a significant addition to Whitten Oval precinct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou Susan for your great support of our loved club.

The Coon Dog
11-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Onya Susan!

Go_Dogs
11-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Great stuff.

ledge
11-06-2010, 12:11 PM
We love ya susie!

Sockeye Salmon
11-06-2010, 12:22 PM
We love you, Dr. Susie!

mighty_west
11-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Fantastic! Well done Susan.

LostDoggy
11-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Let me say it was one of the proudest moments of her life. As she stated we at the WB "not only talk the talk, but walk the walk"! We have a passion for our community. We are more than football we are a wonderful community.
Susan really appreciates all your kind thoughts.
________
Buy Herbalaire Vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/herbalaire-vaporizer.html)

LostDoggy
11-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Well done Susan. :)

bornadog
11-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Congratulations Susie and great recognition by the club to all the effort and generosity as well as the hard work.

LostDoggy
11-06-2010, 03:35 PM
I can only echo everyone else's well wishes and congratulations -- so apt that such a much-needed and wonderful community facility has been named after one of our greatest benefactors, and couldn't have happened to a nicer person! :)

LostDoggy
11-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I can only echo everyone else's well wishes and congratulations -- so apt that such a much-needed and wonderful community facility has been named after one of our greatest benefactors, and couldn't have happened to a nicer person! :)
Ditto

chef
11-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Well done and thank you Susie.

craigsahibee
11-06-2010, 08:22 PM
I was going to say well deserved but I'm not sure whether deserved is the correct phrase as I'm sure recognition is not Susan's motive behind her contribution to the club. I will say it's a respectful acknowledgement of a truly wonderful person.

Thank you Susan.

BulldogBelle
11-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Congratulations Susie, what an absolute honour and so well deserved. :)

LostDoggy
11-06-2010, 10:49 PM
A fitting acknowledgement and tribute to a great and tireless benefactor of our wonderful club, whose passion and drive deserves recognition - a big thank you from me too!

firstdogonthemoon
12-06-2010, 02:59 AM
I drove past the club the other day and I saw that! I thought - ooh that's nice - I wondered why I hadn't heard about it. How lovely.

LostDoggy
12-06-2010, 03:10 AM
A fitting acknowledgement and tribute to a great and tireless benefactor of our wonderful club, whose passion and drive deserves recognition - a big thank you from me too!

And from me too.

BulldogBelle
12-06-2010, 07:43 AM
l don't where this club would be with out people like yourself who contribute so much.

Well done Susan

comrade
12-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Well done Susan - great recognition for an irreplaceable Bulldog person.

LongWait
12-06-2010, 03:58 PM
A big thank-you from me and my family for all you have done for our club Susan. This is a richly deserved and appropriate honor. Congratulations.

lemmon
12-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Well done and congratulations Susan

Chicago1
14-06-2010, 03:19 PM
One of the highlights of my recent trip to Melbourne was having the honour of talking with Susan at the President's Club luncheon. I told my partner prior to the lunch that I hoped she'd be there, because after what I've read about her since the Sam Newman incident, she was the one person who I really wanted to meet. I watched the ABC Talking Heads program about her online and was so impressed and grateful that we have such a wonderful woman as a director of our club.

Her association with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in Australia added an extra dimension to my respect. My favorite former Chicago Cubs player, Ron Santo, has diabetes and is a major sponsor of the JDRF in the US. Ron has lost both legs to diabetes, but continues to be a commentator for Chicago Cubs games on Chicago's WGN radio. I had the honour of meeting him in 2005 and have an autographed photo of him on my bedroom wall next to my Bulldogs "shrine" above my computer.

I have to admit that I was too shy to go over to Susan when I saw her at the luncheon. However, she came over to meet me after I mentioned WOOF while speaking to the patrons while speaking at the podium with David Smorgon. She knew me from this site and from my radio segment on 774ABC. That just absolutely astounded me. She has a friend for life! I will never forget those minutes we spoke at the luncheon.

So to read that Susan has received another much deserved honour pleases me to the hilt. Congrats, Susie! If you ever get to Chicago, let me know!:D

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Susan herself was absolutely delighted to meet you also. Having you in the room was fantastic. Yes she had heard you on the radio many times, but to actually have you speaking in the President's room was wonderful. Juvenile Diabetes is a terrible disease and it is so good to know that you are working with someone who has been affected by its complications.
Susan was in the US recently attending an international conference in Washington DC. She would have tried to meet you if she had some more details. Keep up the great work in the US.
________
VTR1000F (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_VTR1000F)

LostDoggy
17-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm actually a little disappointed there was not a few extra letters included with Susan's name. Was waiting to see Susan named in the Queen's Birthday Awards just passed. Long overdue for a gong by my reckoning and I'm a staunch Republican!

alwaysadog
17-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm actually a little disappointed there was not a few extra letters included with Susan's name. Was waiting to see Susan named in the Queen's Birthday Awards just passed. Long overdue for a gong by my reckoning and I'm a staunch Republican!

DaDruid it's OK for Australian Republicans to support the Australian awards that recognise contributions to our nation and society. and Susan already has an AO.

Were you expecting more?

Sockeye Salmon
18-06-2010, 03:43 AM
DaDruid it's OK for Australian Republicans to support the Australian awards that recognise contributions to our nation and society. and Susan already has an AO.

Were you expecting more?

Knighthood?

Arise Sir Susan?

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Let me say it was one of the proudest moments of her life. As she stated we at the WB "not only talk the talk, but walk the walk"! We have a passion for our community. We are more than football we are a wonderful community.
Susan really appreciates all your kind thoughts.

Congratulations on your achievements. I will shake your hand one day , hopefully on the last Saturday in September

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Susan received an AM in 1997 and an AO in 2007. She cannot wait to shake the hands of all the Woofers. You are a great bunch of people. Now lets keep supporting our mighty Bulldogs.
________
Honda Nr500 Specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_NR500)

LostDoggy
20-06-2010, 01:49 AM

Were you expecting more?

Yes. You could put the entire alphabet there in all possible combinations and it still would seem inadequate to me. ;)