PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers, Guns and Money - R12

GVGjr
13-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Give us your thoughts

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

GVGjr
13-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Spoilers - Minsons kicking

Guns - Halls marking, the defensive pressure from Morris and Cooneys explosive runs.

Money - that pass from Cooney in the last quarter was a thing of beauty.

Ozza
14-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Spoilers - Mitch hahn just looks 'gone' to me.

Guns - Murphy makes us a much better side.

Money - Since GVGjr already acknowledged Cooney's brilliant pass - then I'll say Griffen's 55-60m pass to Gia across his body. Superb.

Mantis
14-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Spoilers: Hahn & Gia going to ground in marking contests.

Guns: Hall's domination of Merrett, Cooney's take-aways and Morris for a very good performance on Fev.

Money: Josh Hill's triple-poster.... Brilliant!!

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Spoilers - Minsons kicking

Guns - Halls marking, the defensive pressure from Morris and Cooneys explosive runs.

Money - that pass from Cooney in the last quarter was a thing of beauty.

Agree here but I thought the pass on the day was the Ripper from Wood to hall that covered 65m.

KT31
14-06-2010, 11:51 AM

Guns: Hall's domination of Merrett, Cooney's take-aways and Morris for a very good performance on Fev.

Money: Josh Hill's triple-poster.... Brilliant!!

Should have been awarded 3 points.:D

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Should have been awarded 3 points.:D

No he should have kick the Goal!

bornadog
14-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Spoilers - Mitch Hahn, really needs to find form.

Guns - Murphy, what a game after having minor surgery on his knee

Money - A few magnificent long passes already mentioned, so I will nominate Bazza and the great Mark he took in the goal square. Everyone including Lake misjudged except Bazza.

GVGjr
14-06-2010, 02:46 PM

I had then marked down on the footy record

azabob
14-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Spoiler: Grant's set shots. Currently his only glaring weakness

Guns: Murphy's field kicking
Hall for his one on one marking and strong leads
Morris for being Morris

Money: Wood and his 2 runs from defence and kicking it long into the goal square, one resulted in a goal to Hall and the other one Gia just couldn't get onto. Run and carry from the HBF is something we have lacked all year.

bornadog
14-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Spoiler: Grant's set shots. Currently his only glaring weakness

Guns: Murphy's field kicking
Hall for his one on one marking and strong leads
Morris for being Morris

Money: Wood and his 2 runs from defence and kicking it long into the goal square, one resulted in a goal to Hall and the other one Gia just couldn't get onto. Run and carry from the HBF is something we have lacked all year.

yes, and Wood and Murphy gave us that.

westdog54
14-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Spoiler: Stack. He's got potential but right now he's hanging by a thread.

Guns:

Hall. 6.1 plus plenty of assists.
Cooney. Won the ball well, created turnovers and took them on.
Murphy. Oh me of little faith. Left his as a reserve in Supercoach while Taylor Walker gave me a paltry 25. He's at his best down back

Money: Two I couldn't split

Minson's Hanger in the 3rd at CHF, and Murphy running at full tilt to mark a shot at goal in the last quarter. Turned the clock back 3 years.

Scorlibo
14-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Spoilers
- Hall's dropped marks which flung straight back out of our fifty, it is so important he takes them.
- Grant's goal kicking needs to improve, he could easily have had 3 goals.
- Griffen's awareness was well down early on and was forced to give hurried handpasses too often.
- Hill's incapability to attack a contest is seriously sh*tting me. Soft as butter, slow as it too, what does he offer to the side??

Guns
- Cooney: brilliant again.
- Giansiracusa: set us up early and was genuinely dangerous around goals, he is so important to our side.
- Murphy: Excellent first game back.

Money
- Wood's long kick over the top to Barry
- Griffen's long beauty to find Gia
- Eagleton's long goal
- Murph's mark floating across the pack in defense

EasternWest
15-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Spoiler - Brennan Stack. I'm one for giving young guys a go, but I'm not sure where he's at. He's old enough and big enough of body to commit himself more, but doesn't seem to.

Gun - Morris' demolition job on Fevola.

Money - Can't believe the lack of love for Minson's left footer from outside 50. What a corker.

Ozza
15-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Spoiler - Brennan Stack. I'm one for giving young guys a go, but I'm not sure where he's at. He's old enough and big enough of body to commit himself more, but doesn't seem to.

Gun - Morris' demolition job on Fevola.

Money - Can't believe the lack of love for Minson's left footer from outside 50. What a corker.

It was definitely a good one - but he really should have been popping the ball over to (I think) Stack who had all teh space in front of him to goal easily. It was either a poor decision - or poor execution from Minnow...and he got away with it!

Greystache
15-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Spoiler- Stack's lack of courage when his time came to go (in fact there was several times) didn't make any difference against weak opposition, but if it was Geelong etc I'd be filthy.

Guns- Barry's marking was superb (too many goals given off for my liking, but that's probably the CHF in me speaking ;)), Murphy kicking flat and low passes lace out to team mates out of defence, Morris was at his blanketing best.

Money- Wood's burst through the centre and drilled 60m pass to Bazza in the square.

Also, Lake was average for Lake, which probably puts him in the best half dozen on the ground:D

Ghost Dog
15-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Give us your thoughts

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

Spoiler = Sorry to say it but Mitch Hahn. I'm actually a fan of Mitch. But I do not think he has really been right since that hard knock he took. Inaccurate, lacks confidence, needs a boost / rest / recharge.

Guns = Barry Hall. Merritt clambered and scrambled around Hall, like a lost puppy, only to have our Barry casually pluck the ball out of the air.
Barry chased hard, was unselfish and very accurate. Come on Bulldogs fans we are pretty lucky to have this guy in our forward line!! Agile, read the ball well, and shared the love with Hill and others.

Money = The Bald eagle! showing he still has it in him. Piercing kick from outside of the fifty. Not much emotion. Finger to the sky and a casual jog back to the center. Good on ya old fella.

Desipura
16-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Money = The Bald eagle! showing he still has it in him. Piercing kick from outside of the fifty. Not much emotion. Finger to the sky and a casual jog back to the center. Good on ya old fella.
Can he do it in a big game? History says no

AndrewP6
18-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Agree here but I thought the pass on the day was the Ripper from Wood to hall that covered 65m.

Good call... 'twas an absolute beauty....