PDA

View Full Version : Build up vs Eagles

Bulldog Revolution
14-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Dean Cox on news tonight: Players only meeting at eagleland, what was served up was unacceptable, careers are on the line, implied lines would be drawn through names if they served up that garbage again.

Will this add intensity to Sundays clash?

Given our patchy season is this something which could catch us out?

ledge
14-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Players only... does this mean Woosher might be starting to feel some heat from the players?

EasternWest
14-06-2010, 08:01 PM
This game has classic Bulldogs underwhelming performance written all over it. Please Dogs, please, make me eat my words.

Ghost Dog
14-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Yes. Since the NAB I get the feeling there are one or two veterans and new faces who expect others to do the hard stuff. to a man we are going to have to be on song to beat a team like Geelong and we need to put games like this one against the Weagles in the bag.

Please make DFA4PM eat his words! ( and my thoughts! )

The Pie Man
14-06-2010, 08:49 PM
This game has classic Bulldogs underwhelming performance written all over it. Please Dogs, please, make me eat my words.

Agreed - de ja vu for me.

2009, Round 3 : St Kilda 97 point winners over West Coast, while we comfortably accounted for Richmond. Pressure on WCE leading into round 4, and they responded with a 33 point win over us.

chef
14-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Dean Cox on news tonight: Players only meeting at eagleland, what was served up was unacceptable, careers are on the line, implied lines would be drawn through names if they served up that garbage again.

Will this add intensity to Sundays clash?

Given our patchy season is this something which could catch us out?

You would think so, but they do butcher the ball a lot so it will give us plenty of chances to hurt them on the rebound.

LostDoggy
16-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Eagles have had the wood over us the past couple of times..... :o
Even though the eagles arent a "Top 8" side. The win will still be as important imo

LostDoggy
16-06-2010, 11:58 AM

2009, Round 3 : St Kilda 97 point winners over West Coast, while we comfortably accounted for Richmond. Pressure on WCE leading into round 4, and they responded with a 33 point win over us.

Nnoooooooooooooo!:eek: No, no way, no, no, just say no! Gotta keep the faith, not going to happen!

Scraggers
16-06-2010, 12:17 PM
The impetus is most definitely on the Eagles' players to show a marked improvement this week.

Considering the Eagles last two home games against the Saints and Geelong where they took it right up to them all game (only to fall away in the last 10 or so minutes), this game is vitally important to us; and is most definitely a danger game for us. We will need to be on song early, coz if they get a sniff ...

choconmientay
16-06-2010, 01:13 PM

And ... what about last year round 19. We were traveling so well until we played them and lost at home:

Western Bulldogs vs. West Coast – Round 19
Western Bulldogs – 13.19 (97)
West Coast Eagles – 16.6. (102)

I hope the players will bring their A game this weekend.

LostDoggy
16-06-2010, 01:46 PM
And ... what about last year round 19. We were traveling so well until we played them and lost at home:

Western Bulldogs vs. West Coast – Round 19
Western Bulldogs – 13.19 (97)
West Coast Eagles – 16.6. (102)

I hope the players will bring their A game this weekend.

Dont remind me. IIRC we had a forwardline with such luminary targets as DFA and Stack in his third game, had Easton Wood debut on the wing/flank and kicked I think about 1 goal 12 in the first half.

Played one and a bit quarters of football to almost win when with a minute to go Embly remembered he used to be a good player and put them in front.

I think with Bazza and Merlin in the forwardline we have more size and pace then last time and can make them more accountable. Still nervous though

Curly5
16-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Rubbish. The Weagles are not a fraction of the team that beat us last time. If we don't hand them a career-ending drubbing, we might as well give up the flag race then and there.

EasternWest
16-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Rubbish. The Weagles are not a fraction of the team that beat us last time. If we don't hand them a career-ending drubbing, we might as well give up the flag race then and there.

I'm saving this post.

The Coon Dog
16-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Saw this on the Dog's Facebook for those who live in Perth:

The boys will be training at Subiaco from 4.00pm till approx 5.00pm on Friday and we would love to see you there. Another big game for us this week and it would be great for the players to see our Perth based fans showing their support. Go Dogs!

Mantis
16-06-2010, 02:30 PM

West Coast's form at home has been pretty solid this year so I suspect this outcome is unlikely to eventuate.

The Coon Dog
16-06-2010, 02:36 PM
West Coast's form at home has been pretty solid this year so I suspect this outcome is unlikely to eventuate.
Their last 2 home games have been against Geelong & St.Kilda.

West Coast - 3.7 - 7.9 - 12.10 - 14.14 - (98)
Geelong - 4.2 - 8.3 - 15.8 - 18.14 - (122)

West Coast - 2.2 - 5.6 - 7.7 - 8.8 - (56)
St Kilda - 1.3 - 4.6 - 9.11 - 13.13 - (91)

It's only been in the last quarter in both of those games that the Eagles have fallen off the pace.

Remi Moses
16-06-2010, 02:41 PM

Agreed. No excuses crisis meetings or not West Coast are a poor football side. Will test the mental state of the group,if they lose this they should resign in mass head down to centrelink and find 9 to 5 jobs !!!:(

Remi Moses
16-06-2010, 02:48 PM
No excuses if we lose this I'm positive if the boot was on the other foot (i.e 2007) we would be murdered. The club has had to many excuses this season for it's patchy form and the ''Eagles Crisis'' excuse doesn't cut it for mine

azabob
16-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Does John Worsfold seriously give press conferences in the John Worsfold Room???

No wonder he doesn't think he will get the sack!

boydogs
16-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Dont remind me. IIRC we had a forwardline with such luminary targets as DFA and Stack in his third game, had Easton Wood debut on the wing/flank and kicked I think about 1 goal 12 in the first half.

Played one and a bit quarters of football to almost win when with a minute to go Embly remembered he used to be a good player and put them in front.

I think with Bazza and Merlin in the forwardline we have more size and pace then last time and can make them more accountable. Still nervous though

Gotta be better than Hill v Glass

BornInDroopSt'54
16-06-2010, 09:42 PM
I don;t think there's much chance of us dropping this because we're not on the job. Our focus of taking on the game that started in the last quarter against Collingwood will ensure we are on our game regardless of the Eagles focusing on contested footy. Intensity will only take them so far if we are free flowing. The bigger surface should suit us.

LostDoggy
16-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Rocket needs to make the team watch the last two games we played against this mob, and show them that when we go into games thinking we have aready won, this is what happens.

This is the game to me we should be most up for. This is our season right here. We need top 4, we have so much to play for and really cant afford to get ahead of ourselfs.

The Eagles will come out punching, everything points to that and we have to be on our game right from the start and show them we are a very good football team that means buisiness.

COME ON DOGS GET PUMPED UP FOR THIS ONE I KNOW I AM!!!!!

ledge
17-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Also looking at the other games this week with Freo playing Carlton and Geelong playing the Saints its a chance to breakaway from below and/or catch up a game with the above teams.
A very important game in this respect.
I hope Rodney points this out too.

Mofra
17-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Depending on the result of the Freo/Blues game, we will either be in 4th spot or hold a break over Carlton when we beat WCE.
We will be one game behind the Saints too, as I expect Geelong to win.

bornadog
17-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Open Training Session:

The Western Bulldogs will hold a training session at Subiaco Oval from 3:45pm on Friday afternoon (18 June). The session will run for approximately one hour.

Bumper Bulldogs
17-06-2010, 10:54 PM
My thoughts are this one is going to be over by QTR time. We should come out with a head full of steam (and our captain) Jonno will enjoy getting the boys up for this one and Hall should kick 14 goals.

For me I'm just hoping that we don't get any further injury's and go into the break with the season back on track.

I'm sure the Coaches will be pointing this out and with the extra space our skills should cut them to shreds.

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 12:31 AM
But both Geelong and St Kilda had a game on their hands for at least 3 quaters vs eagles
at subi this year...plus with the horror week they've had, well...lets just say im not as confident as you are BB thats for sure :(

Curly5
20-06-2010, 08:40 PM

I'm saving this post.

;) :)

EasternWest
21-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Ha ha ha. Happy to have "I told you so" rubbed in my face this time. Well played, good sir.

Curly5
21-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Ha ha ha. Happy to have "I told you so" rubbed in my face this time. Well played, good sir.

Or "ma'am" as the case may be. :)

mjp
21-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Not sure 60 points is a career ending loss though. Does this mean we should give up the flag race?

Our skills were terrible - but West Coast were completely inept.

EasternWest
21-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Or "ma'am" as the case may be. :)

Well aside from the cutesie avatar, there's no way I could've known that.... ma'am.

Curly5
21-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Not sure 60 points is a career ending loss though. Does this mean we should give up the flag race?

Our skills were terrible - but West Coast were completely inept.

Dean Cox said a loss like the one to Richmond would mean careers would be on the line, hopefully to gee up his team. I meant we should not just scrape a win but take the opportunity win really well while the Eagles were on the slide. Apart from goal kicking I thought our skills were mostly quite good.

Well aside from the cutesie avatar, there's no way I could've known that.... ma'am.

No worries, sir/ma'am. ;)

Mantis
21-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Dean Cox said a loss like the one to Richmond would mean careers would be on the line, hopefully to gee up his team. I meant we should not just scrape a win but take the opportunity win really well while the Eagles were on the slide. Apart from goal kicking I thought our skills were mostly quite good.

Have you conviently erased the first half of yesterday's game from your memory?

When the Eagles were still in the game our ball handling & disposal skills as a team were pretty poor.

Curly5
21-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Maybe I have... :o A 60 point win does tend to overshadow the mistakes. Not saying there isn't a ton of room for improvement though.

mjp
21-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Apart from goal kicking I thought our skills were mostly quite good.

Wow.

I would hate to see a day when we kicked poorly then. West Coast were inept - that is all that saved us.

Just as an aside, Dean Cox can say whatever he likes - the way he played yesterday showed he is all about Dean Cox and could not care less about the state of his team.

Scraggers
21-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Just as an aside, Dean Cox can say whatever he likes - the way he played yesterday showed he is all about Dean Cox and could not care less about the state of his team.

Agree totally ... I think he did his level best yesterday to be exactly where the ball wasn't, and when he was put on the ball it was more 'show' than anything else.

ledge
21-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Well what do we draw from this?
The players obviously dont follow Worsfold as a coach anymore and even with player meetings they still turned up the same as the last few weeks, something is going to give.

I dont know how WoeFold can defend his team as he has had them a few years now and with last quarter fade outs its blame the fitness?
From my belief the coach gets the job and picks his people around him.
Players are no longer fit and no faith in coach so it seems.

Scraggers
21-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Well what do we draw from this?
The players obviously dont follow Worsfold as a coach anymore and even with player meetings they still turned up the same as the last few weeks, something is going to give.

I dont know how WoeFold can defend his team as he has had them a few years now and with last quarter fade outs its blame the fitness?
From my belief the coach gets the job and picks his people around him.
Players are no longer fit and no faith in coach so it seems.

I wonder how much say the coach actually does get under the auspice of the WAFC ... from my understanding (and others here might have more information than myself) they are very much the dominant force in all decisions, be it Eagles or Dockers.

Remi Moses
21-06-2010, 08:06 PM
I think we're being over critical,yeah it wasn't football utopia but after they knocked us off last year and the public caning they've copped a 10 goal win sits fine with me!
We need a big kill I won't deny that for a moment

ledge
21-06-2010, 08:33 PM
I think we're being over critical,yeah it wasn't football utopia but after they knocked us off last year and the public caning they've copped a 10 goal win sits fine with me!We need a big kill I won't deny that for a moment

Sorry you lost me are you talking about us or the Eagles?

boydogs
21-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I think we're being over critical,yeah it wasn't football utopia but after they knocked us off last year and the public caning they've copped a 10 goal win sits fine with me!We need a big kill I won't deny that for a moment

Sorry you lost me are you talking about us or the Eagles?

'They' means the Eagles - they knocked us off last year, and they have copped a public caning for their performances this year

I do think we have gotten the Lions and Eagles at their lowest ebbs, but 10 goal wins are 10 goal wins

Murphy'sLore
22-06-2010, 10:29 AM
I think we're being over critical,yeah it wasn't football utopia but after they knocked us off last year and the public caning they've copped, a 10 goal win sits fine with me!

This is where the judicious use of punctuation can be so helpful.:)