PDA

View Full Version : Pride of the litter

GVGjr
18-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Pride of the litter

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/06/17/1225881/093509-mitchell-wallis-and-thomas-liberatore.jpg

MITCH Wallis says the only thing better than being drafted by the Western Bulldogs would be seeing Tom Liberatore selected alongside him.

And Tom Liberatore, who can hardly wait until November's national draft, says landing at Whitten Oval would be a "dream come true".Together the sons of club greats Steve Wallis and Tony Liberatore are set to form the Bulldogs' next-generation engine room in years to come.

They have been together through primary and secondary school, a premiership with the Calder Cannons and in starring roles at Vic Metro.

And with the national draft only months away, it is quickly becoming apparent just what a bargain the father-son selections will be.

To read the rest of the article click HERE (www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/pride-of-the-litter/story-e6frf9jf-1225881092548)

comrade
18-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Great article - I'm sure I'm not the only one who got a bit excited reading that. ;)

Looking forward to seeing them in action in a few weeks.

chef
18-06-2010, 07:52 AM
In a compromised draft, we have two sons of legends(who are also great kids) coming to our club.

How lucky are we:)

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 08:51 AM
To be sure, it warmed me 'eart to read this - not one, but two sons of guns! I so look forward to seeing them play in the red, white and blue!:D

Bulldog Revolution
18-06-2010, 08:56 AM
What a great article - very excited to have two sons of guns firmly on the radar ;)

The Coon Dog
18-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Just wondering, can we trade our first round pick & use our 2nd & 3rd round picks......Whoops! Wrong forum! :D

Can't wait to see the numbers 24 & 39 going around again!

w3design
18-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Wow, that's pretty exciting. The midfield will look pretty good in 2012 (not that it doesn't look good now).

comrade
18-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Just wondering, can we trade our first round pick & use our 2nd & 3rd round picks......Whoops! Wrong forum! :D

Or...

Ive checked the rule and the Bulldogs definitely can't get both players because what if two teams bid in the same round!

:D

Desipura
18-06-2010, 10:09 AM

What if we lose Harbrow for a 2nd round to GC, can a team bidding for Libba or Wallis take that pick from us?:D Only joking.....

Mantis
18-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Going to be a couple of very handy additions to our team.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to make an impact.

Desipura
18-06-2010, 10:43 AM
We will have prodominantly inside players in Boyd, Cross, Libba, Ward, Picken & Reid on our list.
None of the above you would call quick by foot, I wonder whether that is too many of the same type?

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 10:55 AM
This would be amazing news at the best of times, but to happen in a year when the draft is so compromised is absolutely incredible luck.

Mofra
18-06-2010, 11:14 AM
This is an absolute bargain for us by all accounts, and the fact that they sound hungry in the article makes it even better.

Worth noting that no 10 will be available by 2012 for Lachie Hunter too :)

Mofra
18-06-2010, 11:16 AM
We will have prodominantly inside players in Boyd, Cross, Libba, Ward, Picken & Reid on our list.
None of the above you would call quick by foot, I wonder whether that is too many of the same type?
Ward is clean by foot (and played HFF in his first few games for us) and Picken plays an outside tagging role, is quick and gets quite a bit of distance with his kicks so not sure they can be grouped with the others.

Would defer to the TAC watchers for Libba's kicking prowess.

Throughandthrough
18-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Watching these two closely last week, you can see that they are indeed "close" on the field as well.

They were regularly talking to each other and encouraging each other after good deeds.

I also laughed when Libba ran in to join a scrap between a SA player and a Vic Player, and made his thoughts known on the SA players performance so far in that game...

Desipura
18-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Ward is clean by foot (and played HFF in his first few games for us) and Picken plays an outside tagging role, is quick and gets quite a bit of distance with his kicks so not sure they can be grouped with the others.

Would defer to the TAC watchers for Libba's kicking prowess.
Agree Picken has a good turn of speed. I am more referring to having so many inside players who are not noted for their speed.

Topdog
18-06-2010, 11:42 AM

You'd hope that we aren't going to rely too much on Libba in the next 2 years, by which time Cross and Boyd will both be hovering around 30. Cross doesn't seem like someone who will get past 30 to me.

I'd be surprised if Ward doesn't eventually become an inside and outside player by that time too.

bornadog
18-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Its great that these two blokes are also great mates and they understand each other and the way they play.

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Son of Steve wearing the famous 24 again... it really is enough to bring a tear to my eye....

EasternWest
18-06-2010, 08:26 PM
They seem like good kids above all else. Good heads on their shoulders is a huge step in becoming professional footballers IMO.

LostDoggy
19-06-2010, 09:45 PM
It will be great to see the boys at the club and they will make an impact. It will also be good to see their dads around the club supporting their boys !!!!

Desipura
08-07-2010, 04:01 PM

Here it is Mantis, just in case you thought I was making it up :D

LostDoggy
08-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Here it is Mantis, just in case you thought I was making it up :D

How about attaching it to the correct Thread?

Ghost Dog
09-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Certainly will bring Libba Snr and the club closer together which is good. Never good to see former legends fall out, and glad things are a bit smoother now; the drafting of Libba Jnr is great for everyone.

LostDoggy
10-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Good article & very exciting, it's good to know we won't be fully crippled with the next few drafts.