PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go to watch WE-WB live?

choconmientay
18-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Guys,

This question is not directed at the lucky peoples who are flying to Perth or have got their nice Foxtel in their home ... So, where do you go to watch the game live and not be surrounded by some dodgy, dark figures? Which pub is good and popular by the Doggie supporters?

The Coon Dog
18-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Depends where you live. If you live in Werribee or Hoppers Crossing I'd suggest the Hoppers Club or Tigers Club House.

Desipura
18-06-2010, 10:08 AM
In the comfort of my cinema room at home.

Doc26
18-06-2010, 10:57 AM
For me it's Forest Hill Chase for any interstate non free to air telecasts but please don't tell anyone ;)

Mofra
18-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Tend to go to the Blarneystone in Yarraville.

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Mountain View, Bridge Road, Richmond (I think used to be Barass's pub). Family atmosphere, very nice and clean, heaps of screens over three levels, good for a pre-MCG-game meal as well, especially if you have a coupon from the back of your Coles receipts for a 2-for-the-price-of-1 deal (although the amazing bentos at Tokyo Sushi right next door are my usual choice).

Sockeye Salmon
18-06-2010, 04:50 PM
What about when you are overseas?

choconmientay
18-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Depends where you live. If you live in Werribee or Hoppers Crossing I'd suggest the Hoppers Club or Tigers Club House.

I am in Deer Park. Anyone near my place?

Tigers Club House ... As a Dog ... would you be eaten by all the Tigers there ;)

Desipura
18-06-2010, 04:53 PM

Tigers Club House ... As a Dog ... would you be eaten by all the Tigers there ;)
used to be once upon a time, Sunshine Nth actually. The Kealba hotel will definately show it otherwise the Westend might.

choconmientay
Mountain View, Bridge Road, Richmond (I think used to be Barass's pub). Family atmosphere, very nice and clean, heaps of screens over three levels.

Sounds amazing but ... too far for me :)

ledge
Watergardens hotel

choconmientay
18-06-2010, 04:58 PM
used to be once upon a time, Sunshine Nth actually. The Kealba hotel will definately show it otherwise the Westend might.

Watergardens hotel

Thanks, I will check them out.

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 06:47 PM

used to live out that way...miss the blarneystone!

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Mountain View, Bridge Road, Richmond (I think used to be Barass's pub). Family atmosphere, very nice and clean, heaps of screens over three levels, good for a pre-MCG-game meal as well, especially if you have a coupon from the back of your Coles receipts for a 2-for-the-price-of-1 deal (although the amazing bentos at Tokyo Sushi right next door are my usual choice).

I suggest you get the Bento a few doors down as i don't rate the food at the Mt View and think it is a little bit over priced for what it is but beer is good and plenty of screens to watch the game and good atmosphere as lantern has suggested.

If you want a good pub meal first go to the Kingston of highett street around the corner and then to Mt View to watch the game

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 09:04 PM

Im in Kings Park...so its jsut down the road...

I usually go to a friends place that has foxtel.....

LostDoggy
18-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I tend to head down to the Steam Packet in Williamstown as it doesn't get too crowded

GVGjr
18-06-2010, 09:14 PM
For me it's Forest Hill Chase for any interstate non free to air telecasts but please don't tell anyone ;)

Not too far from my place. Good spot?

craigsahibee
18-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I suggest you get the Bento a few doors down as i don't rate the food at the Mt View and think it is a little bit over priced for what it is but beer is good and plenty of screens to watch the game and good atmosphere as lantern has suggested.

If you want a good pub meal first go to the Kingston of highett street around the corner and then to Mt View to watch the game

Brilliant Pub with great meals. Good choice.

Doc26
18-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Not too far from my place. Good spot?

Probably not for the socialites amongst us or those looking for a lively atmosphere but I like that it's quiet for a club with little distractions, can hear the commentary, be generally assured a last minute seat at a table and food and drink is relatively cheap. I guess it's one of the benefits of being a Dogs supporter out East. Will be there with 'Nuggety BP' on Sunday.

Before I Die
19-06-2010, 12:44 AM
I tend to head down to the Steam Packet in Williamstown as it doesn't get too crowded

Ahhh, memories of a mis-spent youth. At least, what I can remember of it.

LostDog
19-06-2010, 12:47 AM
I will be at Subiaco

LostDoggy
19-06-2010, 08:22 PM
In the comfort of my cinema room at home.

I respectfully request a meeting with your father to discuss your hand in marriage. ;):)

LostDoggy
19-06-2010, 08:28 PM

Used to sell the Herald there as a kid.

The Buckingham, Footscray. Small place but good numbers.

LostDoggy
19-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I live in Werribee, with the better half - tried both The Hoppers Club (nice enough, but small TV), and The Tigers Clubhouse (bigger TVs, gets quite crowded, cheap beers tho).

Have settled for my big screen TV, my comfy couch, and easy access to "free" food and drink from the fridge!!

Danny the snakeman
23-06-2010, 01:39 AM
For anyone in perth reading, the Inglwood Hotel is the place where the WA western bulldog supporter watch,it has great food and is kid friendly and best of all fiday night games are on at 6.30 (perth time)on the big screen as aposed to 8.30 and ALL other weekend games are shown live on 1 of there screens.