PDA

View Full Version : Round 13

Dry Rot
18-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Just listening to Bombers v Hawks - cracker of a game.

What is the record for lead changes in the last quarter?

The Coon Dog
18-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Hawks just too strong in the end. Essendon came back well, but Hawthorn got on top in the clearances, plus a bloke named Franklin kicked 2 of the best running goals you're likely to see in the final term.

Remi Moses
19-06-2010, 02:41 AM
One bloke got em'
over the line. Going to be a tough game In two weeks! Not overly impressed with Hawthorns Backline,bad news is that Scottish git Jim from Hawthorn will be all over the airwaves!:rolleyes:

mighty_west
19-06-2010, 11:37 AM
One bloke got em'
over the line. Going to be a tough game In two weeks! Not overly impressed with Hawthorns Backline,bad news is that Scottish git Jim from Hawthorn will be all over the airwaves!:rolleyes:

As annoying as he can be, you gotta love that passion.

The Underdog
19-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Hawks just too strong in the end. Essendon came back well, but Hawthorn got on top in the clearances, plus a bloke named Franklin kicked 2 of the best running goals you're likely to see in the final term.

It was like the first one wasn't quite hard enough so he did it again but ran to the boundary to make it more difficult. He saved them in the first 15 minutes of the last quarter. It's a bit scary that he's back to that kind of form.
Good comeback by the Dons to get in front in the last quarter. A very enjoyable game to watch.

AndrewP6
19-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Just heard on Channel Ten's broadcast, that Kreuzer has been taken to hospital for scans on his knee. Luke Darcy has called it as an ACL....

bornadog
19-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Just heard on Channel Ten's broadcast, that Kreuzer has been taken to hospital for scans on his knee. Luke Darcy has called it as an ACL....

Yes reported on AFL.com.au as well. Freo winning at the moment.

The Coon Dog
19-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Freo won, oh well, at least Carlton lost & that's always a good thing.

comrade
19-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Freo won, oh well, at least Carlton lost & that's always a good thing.

Yep, we'll just have to overtake Freo when we beat them in a couple of weeks.

Remi Moses
20-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Gee that result flattered Carlton. Can someone keep tabs on how many calls are made for Ratten to be sacked!All of a sudden The Tigers are up and about and not long until the ex.coach pipes up with "I built this list":rolleyes:

Scraggers
20-06-2010, 02:46 AM
Yep, we'll just have to overtake Freo when we beat them in a couple of weeks.

Yep ... No good being top 4 now ... We want to be top 4 in round 22

what did Malthouse say ..."the ground is slow, but the ox is patient!"

Remi Moses
20-06-2010, 02:29 PM
How woeful are the North fans. By all accounts good young side and only 11,000 there!:rolleyes:No doubt we'll get the usual spin of Fixturing,interstate team Sunday afternoon ,from try hard Eddie Brayshaw

Greystache
21-06-2010, 11:12 AM

I was there Friday night it was a cracking game. Very interesting tactics used at the end by Hawthorn, they virtually played the old Pagan's Paddock, every player pushed forward to leave Franklin as the deepest forward up on the wing with 100m of space behind him to goal. I assume the plan was to crowd Essendon's foward line, then run it to half back and bomb long into Hawthorn's un-manned forward line where Franklin could out-sprint his opponent. I don't think anyone expected him to gather the ball and run it all the way himself :eek:

I think Knights made a mistake not dropping someone back, he's just all out attack sometimes, you could see Franklin signalling to his teams to get in front of him several times. It'll be interesting to see how we set up, for me I'd play Lake on Franklin but tell him not to follow him much outside 50m, just stay back and plug the hole. Maybe tell Williams (assuming he's fit) to pick him up when he leads up the ground, he can't do too much damage up on the wing.

The Coon Dog
22-06-2010, 10:47 PM
It was like the first one wasn't quite hard enough so he did it again but ran to the boundary to make it more difficult. He saved them in the first 15 minutes of the last quarter. It's a bit scary that he's back to that kind of form.
Good comeback by the Dons to get in front in the last quarter. A very enjoyable game to watch.

gEKu6Bnpn8A