PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers, Guns and Money - R13

GVGjr
20-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Give us your thoughts

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

Mofra
20-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Spoilers:
Nobody. Team effort today.

Guns:
Hudson - Phenomenal. Is an elite ruckman.
Gia - Very good game by Gia, ran hard both ways and took a couple of contested marks
Gilbee - Getting back to his kicking best. His spoiling ability is underrated.

Money:
Wood. Gives us enough run out of the backline to be a genuine rebounder, feel comfortable when the ball is in his hands. Will he be the second newbie to force the match committee to keep him in the 22?

Special mention:
Grant. Amazing hands, very good football brain, his tap ons and shepherds don't get stats but he does the hard things as well.

bornadog
20-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Spoilers:

Stack - 6 disposals is not good enough even though his tackling was a lot better in the second half and two goals one, needs to do more.

Guns:

Gilbee, controlled the HBF and corridor.
Gia - very dangerous in the F50
Boyd/Cross - worked hard all game, both in and under and fired out the ball to help control the mid field.

Money:
Gia's goal from the boundary line rolling along the ground and slotting it through.

boydogs
20-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Spoiler - Stack quiet again, even in his home state
Guns - Gia was great up forward, Gilbee used the ball well, Griffen very attacking
Money - Gia's dribbling goal

AndrewP6
20-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Spoiler - Hill: just not desperate/intense as he needs to be.

Guns - Gia: Good form from him, we're much more unpredictable when he's on song.
Gilbee: run and carry was great, and he used the ball well.
Huddo - continues to toil hard and set us up.

Money: Gia from out wide, Daicos-like. :)

Greystache
20-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Spoiler:

Stack- When you can't get the ball at least pressure, tackle, and put you body on the line.

Guns:

Murphy- Controlled things beautifully from the back line.
Gilbee- Kicking was back to his best.
Gia- Kicked goals and set up others

Money-

Grants slap to Hall to set up a goal for Stack was brilliant

bornadog
20-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Stack- When you can't get the ball at least pressure, tackle, and put you body on the line.

I thought his tackling and chasing was a lot better today, although poor in the first quarter.

Greystache
20-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I thought his tackling and chasing was a lot better today, although poor in the first quarter.

I thought he was poor all round, the only tackles he stuck were when players were in traffic, in open play his tackles are brushed aside the way a half hearted effort should be. It's amazing he can look so slow when chasing, yet give him the ball to run into an open goal and no one can get near him, one word- effort.

cambo
20-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Spoilers:
Nobody. Team effort today.

Guns:
Hudson - Phenomenal. Is an elite ruckman.
Gia - Very good game by Gia, ran hard both ways and took a couple of contested marks
Gilbee - Getting back to his kicking best. His spoiling ability is underrated.

Money:
Wood. Gives us enough run out of the backline to be a genuine rebounder, feel comfortable when the ball is in his hands. Will he be the second newbie to force the match committee to keep him in the 22?

Special mention:
Grant. Amazing hands, very good football brain, his tap ons and shepherds don't get stats but he does the hard things as well.

I was at the game and agree with everything you have posted except that i would have had Hill and Stack as spoilers sorry boys its back to Willy for you

Mantis
20-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Spoilers:
Stack, Eagleton & Hill all struggled to have an impact in the first half.

Guns:
Gilbee - very good performance.
Harbrow - worked well in the midfield and added some needed pace around the contest.
Gis - very clever performance.

Money: (3 bits of play standout for me)
Wood - his effort to smother Lecras's left footed shot on goal was excellent.
Grant - his tap-on(s) were brilliant.
Harbrow - his 'goose-step' in front of the interchange bench and pass to Hall for a goal was another very good piece of play.

LostDoggy
21-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Spoilers:
Cooney, just didn't seem switched on.. Ran hard, but lots of fumbles and not much of the ball.

Guns:
Gilbee - Outstanding game.
Gia - 7 Score Assists, perfect small forward game.
Murphy - Brillant first half, looks really good in defence.

Money:
Harbrows - 'Shimmy' infront of the interchange,
Grant - Sheppards, Knock-ons.. This kid has a footy brain.
Gilbee - FINALLY nailing a goal from outside 50. He's back.

Ozza
21-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Spoiler- Hill & eagle- no impact.

Gun- Gia, just got it done on the scoreboard either through goals or assists- and provided what was required in a scrappy first half.

Money- Grant's fantastic/courageous mark in the second qrtr.

Mofra
21-06-2010, 10:45 AM
I was at the game and agree with everything you have posted except that i would have had Hill and Stack as spoilers sorry boys its back to Willy for you
I left Stack and Hill out because thier output wasn't any lower than normal. I'm probably been down on Stack enough on this forum already.
Was impressed with the long goal though.

Mantis
21-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I left Stack and Hill out because thier output wasn't any lower than normal. I'm probably been down on Stack enough on this forum already.
Was impressed with the long goal though.

His finishing as a rule has been very good, he just isn't getting anywhere enough of it.