PDA

View Full Version : If Barry Hall ...

Scraggers
26-06-2010, 02:21 AM
If Barry Hall had hit Steve Baker like Steve Johnson did ...

1. It would have been replayed 97 times so that he would have got death by media before the MRP could even view the vision.

2. The National Guard would have been called in.

3. He would have had 6 umpires around him for the rest of the game to ensure they could report him for the smallest of indiscrections.

4. The Italian ref would have 'red flagged' him.

5. The Bulldogs decision to take him in the draft would have been put under scruitiny yet again.

6. We would have been seeking a royal pardon from Prime Minister Gillard.

I'm sick of the double standards ... Is it because Johnson plays for Geelong?? Bruce the Goose was joking about it ... 'They've been at each other all night' his only comment.

I'm sure the MRP will look at the incidents and I'm sure Johnson will get suspended ... But because of the low key approach by Channel 7 commentators, it will probably only be one week. Whereas in the game versus North Melbourne, they had Bazza at 4 - 6 weeks before the game had finished.

RANT OVER !!

Feel free to add to the list

lemmon
26-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Been on the grog Scraggers? I'm seeing sevens

Scraggers
26-06-2010, 03:36 AM

No (unfortunately) only submitted once ... Mods, Please help !! :confused:

LostDoggy
26-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Well the way i see it, if Judd gets nothing for throwing an errant elbow into someones head whilst looking away, then why should johnson get suspended?

AndrewP6
26-06-2010, 01:06 PM

Phew....thought I was on a trip when I saw that.

Ghost Dog
26-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Agreed with your funny post.
Don't the 'Aints' play a dirty brand of footy?
I could be wrong, but has anyone ever seen Liam Picken hammering someone on the wrist like they did to Johnson last night?
I also saw Reiwoldt doing this against Carlton and made me really annoyed. Then again, maybe all teams do this?

Doggy
26-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Agreed with your funny post.
Don't the 'Aints' play a dirty brand of footy?
I could be wrong, but has anyone ever seen Liam Picken hammering someone on the wrist like they did to Johnson last night?
I also saw Reiwoldt doing this against Carlton and made me really annoyed. Then again, maybe all teams do this?

Think back to Kretiuk v Lloyd

mighty_west
26-06-2010, 03:50 PM

Yep, and that incident didn't look great either.

Stevie J had every right to split open Bakers eye, you cop so much, you deserve a credit, which is what Judd recieved last week after splitting open Pavs eye, shame it wasn't McPeebrain.

chef
26-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Yep, and that incident didn't look great either.

Stevie J had every right to split open Bakers eye, you cop so much, you deserve a credit, which is what Judd recieved last week after splitting open Pavs eye, shame it wasn't McPeebrain.

We have had plenty of players do this to the opposition over the years so I don't have a problem with it. You have to admire the way the Saints have played so far this season with the amount of crap they have had to deal with. They are one solid team.

Remi Moses
26-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Not a good look,big difference was Kretiuk an Lloyd weren't trading cheap shots.It shits me they classify every hard act as Saints Footy! Give it a spell

Remi Moses
26-06-2010, 11:44 PM
We have had plenty of players do this to the opposition over the years so I don't have a problem with it. You have to admire the way the Saints have played so far this season with the amount of crap they have had to deal with. They are one solid team.

Agree as much as it pains me. Thought the cats with those outs were there to be taken.

craigsahibee
27-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Not a good look,big difference was Kretiuk an Lloyd weren't trading cheap shots.It shits me they classify every hard act as Saints Footy! Give it a spell

Agree.

IIRC Kretiuk was at least facing Lloyd when he had a crack at his hand and there were no cheap shots from behind.

The MRP have set a precedent by not suspending Judd last week. My view is they will suspend him as he is likely to be out for a couple with a broken bone in his hand anyway. Geelong will appeal the severity to have it downgraded and have less points hanging over his head.

EasternWest
27-06-2010, 11:29 AM
If Barry Hall had hit Steve Baker like Steve Johnson did ...

1. It would have been replayed 97 times so that he would have got death by media before the MRP could even view the vision.

2. The National Guard would have been called in.

3. He would have had 6 umpires around him for the rest of the game to ensure they could report him for the smallest of indiscrections.

4. The Italian ref would have 'red flagged' him.

5. The Bulldogs decision to take him in the draft would have been put under scruitiny yet again.

6. We would have been seeking a royal pardon from Prime Minister Gillard.

I'm sick of the double standards ... Is it because Johnson plays for Geelong?? Bruce the Goose was joking about it ... 'They've been at each other all night' his only comment.

I'm sure the MRP will look at the incidents and I'm sure Johnson will get suspended ... But because of the low key approach by Channel 7 commentators, it will probably only be one week. Whereas in the game versus North Melbourne, they had Bazza at 4 - 6 weeks before the game had finished.

RANT OVER !!

Feel free to add to the list

What you said!

ledge
27-06-2010, 12:30 PM
So Stevie J will use the provocation defence?
I do wonder when clubs will take responsibillity for putting players back on the ground when they have an injury, seriously we all know the opposition will take advantage of it.
The clubs as well as the player should be penalised.

Concussion amazes me , years ago wasnt it an automatic one weeks rest?
Now its put them back on within 5 minutes and if they do anything wrong we will use that as defence.
Where is the clubs duty of care ?

Flamethrower
27-06-2010, 03:38 PM

The world and the AFL is a different place since that happened.

Barry Hall showed everyone how to deal with filthy pests.....and Scott Thompson hasn't tried that stuff on anyone since.

LostDoggy
27-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Didn't watch all the game, but it appeared to me that both of them were as bad as one another? Surely they both should be looking at doing some time? :cool: I think the biggest problem here was the umpires who did nothing to stop it - from the first incident there should have been a free kick paid and this would have put a stop to all the nonsense over the course of the game? The umps doing nothing virtually condones this type of behaviour!

LostDoggy
27-06-2010, 05:02 PM
So Stevie J will use the provocation defence?
I do wonder when clubs will take responsibillity for putting players back on the ground when they have an injury, seriously we all know the opposition will take advantage of it.
The clubs as well as the player should be penalised.

Concussion amazes me , years ago wasnt it an automatic one weeks rest?
Now its put them back on within 5 minutes and if they do anything wrong we will use that as defence.
Where is the clubs duty of care ?

Totally agree, concussion never get's considered especially when it comes down to a players form. Some players can push through it, others cant and we never really know how long a player can be suffering from it.

mighty_west
27-06-2010, 05:41 PM
[/B]

Totally agree, concussion never get's considered especially when it comes down to a players form. Some players can push through it, others cant and we never really know how long a player can be suffering from it.

Jordan Lewis was in no mans land for at least a month after copping the full force of the brow.

Mantis
27-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Reminded me a little of the Hall/ Staker clash of a few years back, except this time around it was an elbow used not a fist.

If the MRP are fair dinkum S.J. should get a minimum of 4 weeks.

mighty_west
27-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Reminded me a little of the Hall/ Staker clash of a few years back, except this time around it was an elbow used not a fist.

If the MRP are fair dinkum S.J. should get a minimum of 4 weeks.

If the MRP are fair dinkum, what should Judd have copped for splitting Pavs eye open?

AndrewP6
27-06-2010, 06:36 PM
If the MRP are fair dinkum, what should Judd have copped for splitting Pavs eye open?

6 weeks.

Mantis
27-06-2010, 09:14 PM

1-2.

LostDoggy
27-06-2010, 09:23 PM

Judd - about 2
SJ - two / three? dunno. judd decision has got me confused.
Baker - no idea..but give him a few for good measure :D

enjoyed your post scraggers.

LostDoggy
27-06-2010, 09:27 PM
[/B]

Shaggy hasn't been the same since the Hawks game in rd 3 or 4 or whenever it was.

EasternWest
27-06-2010, 09:28 PM

2-3.

Johnson 4 minimum for mine.

Judd could have grounds for saying that flinging his arms back happened in the course of him falling backwards (yeah I know it's BS, but it could be said) whereas Johnson clearly just took a swipe.

Scraggers
27-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I agree Judd should have got 2 ... but because he's 'Judd' and he faces provocation weekly ... Mmm :(

Stevie J should get offered 4 weeks for the splitting of the eye and three weeks for two separate incidents earlier (also closed fists to the head region)

LostDoggy
27-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Shaggy hasn't been the same since the Hawks game in rd 3 or 4 or whenever it was.

We could say the same about Mitch Hahn he hasn't gone in hard since Barry flattened him...yet that could be clutching at straws.

LostDoggy
27-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Jordan Lewis was in no mans land for at least a month after copping the full force of the brow.

Full force of the Brow.... I like it :D

Curly5
27-06-2010, 11:37 PM
I agree Judd should have got 2 ... but because he's 'Judd' and he faces provocation weekly ... Mmm :(

Stevie J should get offered 4 weeks for the splitting of the eye and three weeks for two separate incidents earlier (also closed fists to the head region)

Um, Baker was pretty free with the fists as well, I don't entirely blame Johnson. That black eye was a delight to see :p, reminded me of Libba who used to cop them regularly. Give them a couple of weeks each.

Once again it could all have been prevented if the umps had issued a warning or a free kick early in the piece.

Sockeye Salmon
28-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Is it really against the rules to hit Steven Baker?

That doesn't seem right.