PDA

View Full Version : Injury List - Round 14

bornadog
29-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Looking good if you can believe the list.

Ayce Cordy - Shoulder - Season
Lukas Markovic - Shoulder - Test
Shane Thorne - Knee - 7 weeks

G-Mo77
29-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Looks like we're starting to get healthy at the right time. I'd still like to see it blank but I'll settle for that. :)

LostDoggy
29-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Looks like we're starting to get healthy at the right time. I'd still like to see it blank but I'll settle for that. :)

Definitely!! :)

Mantis
29-06-2010, 04:08 PM

I am not sure how many players we have on the list, let's say 44. In terms of getting a game in the senior team on what has been seen thus far these guys would be ranked 42-43-44.

Desipura
29-06-2010, 04:35 PM
I am not sure how many players we have on the list, let's say 44. In terms of getting a game in the senior team on what has been seen thus far these guys would be ranked 42-43-44.
If Thorne was fit and showing some form, he quiet possibly could have played a senior game by now. I dont agree he would be ranked 42-43-44, just based on the position he could play at senior level. At 23yo, he is mature aged.
He is a quickish forward with some tricks, we are crying out for someone of this ilk. A forward pocket who can provide defensive pressure is all the rage at the moment. The Saints beat Geelong last week with their smalls kicking most of their goals (the weather played a part).
Dont forget Carlton with Gartlett, Betts & Yarran being big contributors in their win against the Cats as well. It may be one way to expose the Cats.

Greystache
29-06-2010, 04:44 PM
If Thorne was fit and showing some form, he quiet possibly could have played a senior game by now. I dont agree he would be ranked 42-43-44, just based on the position he could play at senior level. At 23yo, he is mature aged.
He is a quickish forward with some tricks, we are crying out for someone of this ilk. A forward pocket who can provide defensive pressure is all the rage at the moment.

Just out of interest, how much of Thorne have you seen on the field and how much have you seen of his commitment off it?

From what I've been lead to believe he would be #44 of Mantis' hypothetical 44 player list.

Desipura
29-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Just out of interest, how much of Thorne have you seen on the field and how much have you seen of his commitment off it?

From what I've been lead to believe he would be #44 of Mantis' hypothetical 44 player list.

Not much, I am basing it on the position he could possibly play, nothing else.

Greystache
29-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Not much, I am basing it on the position he could possibly play, nothing else.

Fair enough, I agree we do need his type, just not sure it's him we need.

Swoop
29-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I agree that Thorne is probably further away than the club had realised when they first drafted him.

As for Markovic, I still don't understand why we drafted him, with the new rookie list changes this year I would have thought he would have been a perfect candidate.

Greystache
29-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I agree that Thorne is probably further away than the club had realised when they first drafted him.

As for Markovic, I still don't understand why we drafted him, with the new rookie list changes this year I would have thought he would have been a perfect candidate.

The story was Hawthorn were looking at drafting him also, we didn't want to take the chance. Having watch him live I can't understand why clubs thought he was a viable back up, he's a clone of Wade Skipper in everyway, then again Hawthorn picked up Skipper so that probably vindicates the clubs theory.