PDA

View Full Version : Teams - Rd 14 - Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs

Mantis
01-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Western Bulldogs

B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Robert Murphy, Dale Morris, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Callan Ward, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Shaun Higgins, Mitch Hahn, Ben Johnson (It should read Brad)
F: Jarrad Grant, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
I/C: Will Minson, Sam Reid, Easton Wood, Liam Picken

In: Higgins, Reid, Ward
Out: Brennan Stack (omitted), Josh Hill (omitted), Nathan Eagleton (omitted)

G-Mo77
01-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Great to see Ward and Reid in the squad.

Really surprised to see Eagleton dropped, not upset but surprised.

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Pretty happy with that team while amazed that Hill Stack and Eagle were actually dropped!

Go_Dogs
01-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Bad luck for Hilly. Will be interesting to see whose going to kick the goals this week.

Hopefully Higgins, Reid and Ward can all have good games.

Mantis
01-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Bad luck for Hilly. Will be interesting to see whose going to kick the goals this week.

Maybe Ben Johnson on a HFF might contribute a couple. :eek:

(I took the team list straight off the WB website.)

Cyberdoggie
01-07-2010, 06:06 PM
YEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

Best side for the year in my opinion.

Good choice on omissions and Brilliant inclusions.

Watch out Hawks.

divvydan
01-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Mid season trade claims another victim with Brad Johnson traded out for Ben Johnson it seems :p

Other than that, probably what we all thought should happen (Hill vs Hahn only issue) and it seems we're in sync with MC.

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 06:10 PM

Hopefully Higgins, Reid and Ward can all have good games.

I kinda agree. If it's wet i think it's a great lineup. If it's dry then I might have been tempted to leave Hill in.

Greystache
01-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I like the positivity in the selections this week, but Ward, Higgins, Reid, and Johnson could all be somewhat short on match fitness.

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Does anyone find it a little bit strange that Williams has been named as emergencey?

I just hope Lake is over his Hip problem from last week.. Did anyone see training?

The Pie Man
01-07-2010, 06:30 PM
I like the positivity in the selections this week, but Ward, Higgins, Reid, and Johnson could all be somewhat short on match fitness.

Ward & Reid have had a fair stint in the VFL leading up to this, so I'd be confident they'd be if not match fit, very close to it.

I hear you on Higgins - I'd suggest he play around the forward 50 more to make use of his accurate goal kicking, especially in the absence of Hill & Stack.

Johnno should be alright after playing ok in Perth (though it was interesting to read Eade say he did pull up sore after the Eagles game, though they expected that)

I'm with most others on being happy with the team selected this week. Big night for a guy like Wood who hasn't played in front of a massive crowd yet (hoping the weather can hold out and we can get near 50 thou tomorrow)

lemmon
01-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Fantastic team, as close to 100% as we have been all year. Going to be a contested game of footy and we have made the changes accordingly.

GVGjr
01-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Good to see that they pulled the trigger and dropped a few players.

Williams not ready yet?

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 06:43 PM
The omissions are warranted and definitely makes our side look a lot sharper.

The forward pressure skills from all 3 omissions are non existent and makes our side look really vulnerable when we are chasing the other way.

Very happy with the inlcusions and it gives our side the best chance to match the hawks in the physicality department!!

Greystache
01-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Good to see that they pulled the trigger and dropped a few players.

Williams not ready yet?

He's listed as an emergency, I just don't think he's an automatic selection when fit.

Rocco Jones
01-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Very happy with team selection tonight to say the very least. Best team selection for ages.

azabob
01-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Huge effort by Reid to be in the team by round 14, considering all he had to deal with during the off season.

He has shown great character and great mental strength.

Raw Toast
01-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Ward & Reid have had a fair stint in the VFL leading up to this, so I'd be confident they'd be if not match fit, very close to it.

I hear you on Higgins - I'd suggest he play around the forward 50 more to make use of his accurate goal kicking, especially in the absence of Hill & Stack.

Johnno should be alright after playing ok in Perth (though it was interesting to read Eade say he did pull up sore after the Eagles game, though they expected that)

I'm with most others on being happy with the team selected this week. Big night for a guy like Wood who hasn't played in front of a massive crowd yet (hoping the weather can hold out and we can get near 50 thou tomorrow)

I'm not quite so confident on Reid, and the combination of him, Johnson and Higgins does scare me a bit. But the more I think about it, the more reasonable it seems to be. I'm not sure Stack or Hill have been offering that much run.

Eagle out is the question for me. I think we've got the advantage of the Hawks in terms of ruck and fitness, so I am still a bit concerned that we might be compromising the fitness advantage with our changes.

Rocco Jones
01-07-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm not quite so confident on Reid, and the combination of him, Johnson and Higgins does scare me a bit. But the more I think about it, the more reasonable it seems to be. I'm not sure Stack or Hill have been offering that much run.

Eagle out is the question for me. I think we've got the advantage of the Hawks in terms of ruck and fitness, so I am still a bit concerned that we might be compromising the fitness advantage with our changes.

I have the same concern and the same reasoning. No point being fast and/or having a great tank if you don't actually use it.

BulldogBelle
01-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I kinda agree. If it's wet i think it's a great lineup. If it's dry then I might have been tempted to leave Hill in.

l think your on the money here, about it probably being wet or at least slippery on why Hill and Stack have been dropped. But also it is going to be a very physical game and l don't think they would be up to it.

Ozza
01-07-2010, 07:06 PM
YEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

Best side for the year in my opinion.

Good choice on omissions and Brilliant inclusions.

Watch out Hawks.

Agreed. Really happy with the changes. Think the team suits a tough MCG contest.

Rocco Jones
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Agreed. Really happy with the changes. Think the team suits a tough MCG contest.

Yep. I was being a bit of a wuss and not wanting the weather to be awful tomorrow night but Reid and Ward in and the pussycat dolls out means I am now hoping dearly for it to hail down all night.

Templeton31
01-07-2010, 07:14 PM
I like it. Only concern is too many blokes not quite ready (Reid, Ward, Johno, Higgo) but still I like it. Who am I gonna demand goes back to willi now? :D

Rocco Jones
01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I like it. Only concern is too many blokes not quite ready (Reid, Ward, Johno, Higgo) but still I like it. Who am I gonna demand goes back to willi now? :D

Yeah, damn it's like the Greens getting into power for me. I prefer whinging than getting my own way. I will be stuffed if Hahn pulls out a big game!

We might have a few blokes that are not cherry ripe but the likes of Stack, Hill and Eagle aren't ready for a big game despite being fit anyway.

AndrewP6
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM

That's a big concern for me...will have to defer to the MC's judgment.

Doc26
01-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Concur with the masses, very pleased with the 22 selected. I'm hopeful that Mitch can step up on the bigger stage and prove that he deserves the faith shown in him by the MC over Josh and to a lesser extent Brennan.

Doggy
01-07-2010, 07:25 PM
The omissions are warranted and definitely makes our side look a lot sharper.

The forward pressure skills from all 3 omissions are non existent and makes our side look really vulnerable when we are chasing the other way.

Very happy with the inlcusions and it gives our side the best chance to match the hawks in the physicality department!!

Sam Reid, Callan Ward, Mitch Hahn, Barry Hall, Liam Picken and the Beard, I think we more than match them in that department. :)

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 07:59 PM
I personally like what Reid and Ward bring to the team. I look forward to a much tougher contest when the ball hits the ground up forward now. Biggest issue we have had all year. I think Ward and Reid are fit enough but not sure about Johno and Higgins. I would love to know how he has been training as that is the key indicator on whether fully fit.

Bumper Bulldogs
01-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Concur with the masses, very pleased with the 22 selected. I'm hopeful that Mitch can step up on the bigger stage and prove that he deserves the faith shown in him by the MC over Josh and to a lesser extent Brennan.

Yes I think Mitch is cherry ripe for a big game and the conditions should suit him, Also the Hawks game style will suit him to a tee.

Clearly the best side all year but would like to see Tommy gun in as Height could be an issue down back (If it's dry)

Other than that it's going to be interesting to see if Eagle, Aker, Everitt, Hill & Stack can force back into the side.

Rocco Jones
01-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes I think Mitch is cherry ripe for a big game and the conditions should suit him, Also the Hawks game style will suit him to a tee.

I am normally leading the charge to drop Mitch but agree with you there. Also with Hill and Stack out we might be a bit light on for forward options. The 22 selected is the exact 22 I want to run out, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing though! :)

Bumper Bulldogs
01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
I am normally leading the charge to drop Mitch but agree with you there. Also with Hill and Stack out we might be a bit light on for forward options. The 22 selected is the exact 22 I want to run out, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing though! :)

Im very happy with these 22 but just hope they all turn up (Between the ears), we cant afford to drop this one and the Hawks will give it everything just like round 3.

Rocco Jones
01-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Im very happy with these 22 but just hope they all turn up (Between the ears), we cant afford to drop this one and the Hawks will give it everything just like round 3.

Yeah me too. The way we seem to be off a lot, especially for a 'contender', makes the week off a little worrying.

Go_Dogs
01-07-2010, 09:01 PM

I think it's a solid 22, but I'm not convinced we have enough scoring power. It'll certainly be a good side if the rain is falling, as Ward and Reid give us a lot more inside power.

Wood and Reid are a couple of guys that I'm not sure many would've predicted or believed were in our best 22, so hopefully they can cement spots and help drive our improvement from last finals series.

Hahn will most likely be under pressure to retain his spot next week if he doesn't play well.

Certainly adds some more excitement to tomorrows nights game for me! (Not Hahn being under pressure, but the inclusions - in case there was any confusion there)

stevieg
01-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Only Aker and T Williams short of our best 22. Be interesting to see who might make way for these 2 as Easton Wood has freed up Harbrow (as well as Bob Murphy's move to the backline) and Reid is the head down bum up type of player that may suit our premiership tilt. Anyway no excuses tomorrow night and a must win to grab that Top 4 spot.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Very happy with team selection tonight to say the very least. Best team selection for ages.

Seconded.

Big fan of Reid. Glad to see him back.

Good signs that Grant, Ward, Reid and Wood are all playing tomorrow night. Should all offer us plenty in the future too.

I'm hopeful that Mitch can step up on the bigger stage and prove that he deserves the faith shown in him by the MC over Josh and to a lesser extent Brennan.

Agree. Little risky taking Higgins in after he's struggled all year, it means Hahn has to play well and if the predicted conditions are right then he has no excuse. In any case, Hill has been disappointing lately and was dreadful against West Coast. Stack chips in with a couple of goals each week but doesn't offer a lot else. We may be able to carry one of them (Hill) but not both. If Hahn doesn't play well tomorrow night, Hill is probably next in line to take his spot.

I'd say this is the best side we've had on the park for a very long time. Really excited about tomorrow night - feels like it's a huge game and really, it is.

Mantis
01-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Agree. Little risky taking Higgins in after he's struggled all year, it means Hahn has to play well and if the predicted conditions are right then he has no excuse. In any case, Hill has been disappointing lately and was dreadful against West Coast. Stack chips in with a couple of goals each week but doesn't offer a lot else. We may be able to carry one of them (Hill) but not both. If Hahn doesn't play well tomorrow night, Hill is probably next in line to take his spot.

I'd say this is the best side we've had on the park for a very long time. Really excited about tomorrow night - feels like it's a huge game and really, it is.

I though Josh's intensity in the 2nd half against WC was much better.

While Josh hasn't been great this year he is a consistent goal scorer so someone will need to pick up the slack. Not saying he didn't deserve to be omitted, but there was a case for him to stay.

Overall I'm happy with this team... Let's hope they perform well.

LostDoggy
01-07-2010, 10:43 PM

While Josh hasn't been great this year he is a consistent goal scorer so someone will need to pick up the slack. Not saying he didn't deserve to be omitted, but there was a case for him to stay.

I think there was a reasonable case for Josh to stay and I am a fan of his and he offers something different, but from memory both Grant and Johnno missed our rd 3 clash with the Hawks? so hopefully that is where we will make up our slack. A fit Johnson will really make us look dangerous up front.

IMO it's hard to see Akermanis getting back in to that 22 unless he really improves from the first half of the year. He's looked very slow unfortunately, players burn him off and he rushes his disposal a bit too nowadays as he doesn't find himself in so much space anymore.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM

I still think there's a spot in the side for Hill because we lack scoring power and as you said, he's one player who has been able to consistently put numbers on the board. The last couple of weeks he's been fairly disappointing though. Dropping simple marks, slipped tackles and a lack of intensity. We tried him on the wing against Brisbane for a bit but he can't seem to get involved.

Hopefully Hill just needs a spell. He's a very talented player and should be better than he's shown this season.

Doc26
01-07-2010, 11:16 PM
A functioning Josh is arguably the closest thing we have to being that forward X factor for us come September. Would love to see him work his way back. Probably deserved a spell this week based on what we have available this week. As supporters and no doubt the MC is there anything more frustrating than a player with talent that continues to fall short on intensity ? We seem to have our fair share.

Dry Rot
01-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Like some others have said, dunno about omitting Hill. Isn't he our second of third highest goal scorer?

Also a question for Willi watchers (so to speak) - is Reid match fit for a really hard AFL game?

bornadog
02-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Don't expect too much from Reid he is not exactly a seasoned player with only 5 games under his belt.

Remi Moses
02-07-2010, 04:23 AM
Good changes with a real emphases on hardness. Get the feeling it's going to be one tough couple of hours. Go Dogs

LostDoggy
02-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm happy with the changes too - it's going to be wet tonight and the inclusions are strong, tough, hard-at-it players (spec. Reid and Ward). Go dogs................:D

Sockeye Salmon
02-07-2010, 11:59 AM
The MC are obviously confident that not only will Lake and Morris do the job on Franklin and Roughead but that they also won't need any benchtime either.

I hope Lake can run with Franklin all night.

Mantis
02-07-2010, 12:14 PM
The MC are obviously confident that not only will Lake and Morris do the job on Franklin and Roughead but that they also won't need any benchtime either.

I think we can hope all we want, but in reality we know that he won't be able to go with him. It will be very interesting to see what plan we employ when Buddy goes up the ground.

LostDoggy
02-07-2010, 12:21 PM
The importance of this game cannot be over-stated. In my view, if we cannot win this, our hopes of playing a major part in the finals will look very grim indeed.

Cyberdoggie
02-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Johnno and Higgins will probably play those roles. I think Higgins won't get as much time in the middle this year with his OP problems.

Cyberdoggie
02-07-2010, 12:23 PM
The importance of this game cannot be over-stated. In my view, if we cannot win this, our hopes of playing a major part in the finals will look very grim indeed.

That is true.

This is a huge game for us, and I think we have selected our best team for the job.
If they fail then we only have ourselves to blame.

EasternWest
02-07-2010, 12:39 PM

Agree and I like your choice of words. If we don't win this but play very well, we can probably at least build on that. If we cannot win this, then we're probably done.

Rocco Jones
02-07-2010, 01:03 PM

Maybe the MC believe Lake and Morris might struggle at times but don't have confidence in the support that would be provided by Williams or Everitt anyway. That's my belief anyway, I think it's a waste to play a tall defender so purely for the ocassions when one of our two quality defenders is resting.

When you think of the TOG differences between the combinations I think if anything it would be only a small amount of time where say Shaggy might have to pick up the slack on Roughead. I am pretty happy to live with that if it means we also get an extra midfielder/runner.

Williams and/or Everitt would be downright scary on Buddy in this form and please nobody drag out that Tassie game where Tom 'held' him to 5 goals (IIRC). Tom is coming off an injury and has looked hopeless against anything resembling a semi-decent tall forward. Not sure why I included Dre, I guess to be pre-emptive to those who see him as a tall defender which I don't.

I think we can hope all we want, but in reality we know that he won't be able to go with him. It will be very interesting to see what plan we employ when Buddy goes up the ground.

Morris and Lake can switch it around a bit. I wouldn't be worried about Buddy dominating up the ground if it means Lake can play on Roughead deep considering their respective form.

I have had a go at Eade and the MC for being conservative a few times this season and it would be remiss of me not to in turn praise them for making a few brave calls for our game tonight. We are a bit off the pace of the contenders and I think it's the type of risk we have to make. Let's hope their confidence will be repaid tonight.

LostDoggy
02-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Like some others have said, dunno about omitting Hill. Isn't he our second of third highest goal scorer?

Also a question for Willi watchers (so to speak) - is Reid match fit for a really hard AFL game?

I think he's only got himself to blame. The MC have gone with the theory that's it'd going to be more of a physical ground level game than an aerial shootout by the looks of it.

If Hill had appiled the minor %'s of defensive forward pressure, tackling, and putting his head and body on line for the ball when it's in dispute, week-in week-out, then i'm sure he'd have kept his place. Sadly it's been a case of one week on and two or three off for those facets imo, and possibly the MC's.

LostDoggy
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM

Too right cobber.

Great work at the selection table, we are giving ourselves the best chance here.

Desipura
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I am not as concerned about Buddy getting the ball up the ground. We must ensure he does not have alot of space behind him like he did against Essendon (which resulted in those 2 running goals).
As we all know, he can turn his opponent inside out easily.

Bumper Bulldogs
02-07-2010, 02:19 PM
As most have said Buddy could be the game winner for the Hawks. i still think that lake will give him a bath this week, Roughy has been down all year and Morris will put him away. IMO it all come down to the Midfield, This is going to be critical to limit the supply and give us the drive.

Unlike round 3 i think we are starting to use Hall better and he should be allowed to have the forward 40 meters to himself with Jonno and Higgo running onto any loose balls.

mjp
02-07-2010, 02:32 PM

I don't think he will try. Once Franklin leads much past the 50, Lake will let him go. That is his usual method.

I think this is a massive danger against Franklin who often runs too a contest and then receives the ball running back towards goal...It is funny - Lake needs to be the match-up for Buddy inside 50m but Morris is the best match-up for him on the lead and around the contested (ground) ball. I have no idea how they are going to work these match-ups.

Grantysghost
02-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Whats so hard about Hawthorn? Rick Ladsen?? Chance Bateman!? Maybe Shaun Burgoyne and Xavier Ellis will terrorise us with their uncompromising attack on the man and at the contest ;) Im suprised by all this talk of hardness from Rocket, I reserve that for teams like Geelong and the Saints who have genuine solid bodied footballers across the board.

I like this team I think its our finals line up. Ward big in.

mjp
02-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Whats so hard about Hawthorn?

You know they won the flag 2 years ago right?

Lewis, Sewell, Mitchell, Hodge are all hard as nails in the midfield. This is where we need to match them.

Mantis
02-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Whats so hard about Hawthorn? Rick Ladsen?? Chance Bateman!? Maybe Shaun Burgoyne and Xavier Ellis will terrorise us with their uncompromising attack on the man and at the contest ;) Im suprised by all this talk of hardness from Rocket, I reserve that for teams like Geelong and the Saints who have genuine solid bodied footballers across the board.

You must missed our rd 3 clash with Hawthorn, probably our most physical game this year (almost over the past few years). As mjp has rightly pointed out they have some hard-nosed players in the middle and we will have to bring our 'A' game tonight.

Mofra
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't think he will try. Once Franklin leads much past the 50, Lake will let him go. That is his usual method.
True he does, however that does leave Morris exposed on the Buddy inside 50 kick. Hopefully we can get numbers back often enough and get the third man up, even given Roughead is out of form.
Wood could be very handy tonight with his leap - I normally don't like the term "third tall" but if ever there was a night where one player can play this role, this would be it.

Will be interesting to see if Mitch goes back to provide a chop out too - a big body could be useful in a congested space.

Before I Die
02-07-2010, 05:14 PM

That would certainly be the first time I have heard a WOOF poster describe Farren Ray as a genuine hard bodied footballer :)

Not that I necessarily disagree with such a description.

Regarding our team make-up. I think we need an in-form Williams come finals time. Without him Lake is our only genuine mobile tall in the back line and I don't think that is enough. Having said that, with the wet conditions tonight I am happy for Williams to find some touch at Williamstown. If we are a genuine premiership chance then we should have players in our VFL team who would be walk-up starts in most other AFL teams. Looking at the Williamstown team for this week I would say we have 2 or 3 who are comfortably in this category. Warms the cockles of an old Bulldog's heart :D

Ozza
02-07-2010, 05:26 PM

I agree that tonights line up if a more finals type line up - but can't agree on your assessment of the Hawks hardness.

Geelong and the Saints have more talent than Hawthorn no doubt - but Hawthorn bring a competiveness to every contest that always gives them a big chance when they're on song. We have a lot more talent than them - but we won't beat them unless we play really well.

angelopetraglia
02-07-2010, 05:48 PM
The weather conditions look like they suit the changes we have made. Could not have seen Hill, Stack or Eagleton having a huge influence on a cold, wet and windy MCG night in the middle of winter.

Ward, Reid and Higgins should deliver more in these conditions.

LostDoggy
02-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Out: Brennan Stack (omitted), Josh Hill (omitted), Nathan Eagleton (omitted)

hallelujah!!

Hotdog60
02-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Here's a thought, what if Wood goes with Franklin when he moves up the ground. I know Wood is young and inexperienced but could he match him with athleticism and pace.

Even if it was just for a short period to see how it goes.

Mantis
02-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Here's a thought, what if Wood goes with Franklin when he moves up the ground. I know Wood is young and inexperienced but could he match him with athleticism and pace.

Even if it was just for a short period to see how it goes.

It's possible.

Peter Dean was just on ch.10 news and he mentioned that one of our young defenders may spend time on Buddy to help Lake & Morris out.

azabob
02-07-2010, 06:59 PM
It's possible.

Peter Dean was just on ch.10 news and he mentioned that one of our young defenders may spend time on Buddy to help Lake & Morris out.

Man heart missed a beat then, thought it read Morris out.

The Adelaide Connection
02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
The weather conditions look like they suit the changes we have made. Could not have seen Hill, Stack or Eagleton having a huge influence on a cold, wet and windy MCG night in the middle of winter.

Ward, Reid and Higgins should deliver more in these conditions.

Agree. Hell, if what I hear about Williamstown is true, we should have considered playing the whole team for their shite weather expertise :)

divvydan
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
HAWTHORN V WESTERN BULLDOGS
Hawthorn
B: Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Ben Stratton
HB: Thomas Murphy, Ryan Schoenmakers, Grant Birchall
C: Clinton Young, Sam Mitchell, Chance Bateman
HF: Michael Osborne, Lance Franklin, Wayde Skipper
F: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Shaun Burgoyne
Foll: Brent Renouf, Luke Hodge, Brad Sewell
I/C: Jordan Lewis, Xavier Ellis, Beau Muston, Carl Peterson
Changes to the selected side
In: Carl Peterson
Out: Rick Ladson

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Robert Murphy, Dale Morris, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Liam Picken, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Shaun Higgins, Mitch Hahn, Sam Reid
F: Jarrad Grant, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
I/C: Brad Johnson, Callan Ward, Will Minson, Easton Wood
Changes to the selected side
Nil

Bumper Bulldogs
02-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Have a good felling about tonight, Ladson would be a lot harder than Peterson.

Grantysghost
03-07-2010, 10:51 AM
I agree that tonights line up if a more finals type line up - but can't agree on your assessment of the Hawks hardness.

Geelong and the Saints have more talent than Hawthorn no doubt - but Hawthorn bring a competiveness to every contest that always gives them a big chance when they're on song. We have a lot more talent than them - but we won't beat them unless we play really well.

Was said with tongue firmly planted in cheek, Hodge is one of the toughest players i've seen and their top 5 or so is good in this area. Stats would consider we smashed them for hardness last night though.

Cont Marks 18 - 8
Clearances 45 -30
Cont Poss 181 - 145

It was unforced errors, especially butchering the ball when going inside 50 that cost us. How hard is it for our midfielder players to kick it to the forwards advantage, not over their heads or behind them!

mjp
03-07-2010, 05:06 PM
How hard is it for our midfielder players to kick it to the forwards advantage, not over their heads or behind them!

How hard is it for the forwards to stay in their team-mates vision and provide a target rather than try to get an easy mark out in space towards the boundary?

Gia leads well into space, but he doesn't exactly make it easy for his team-mates to get him the ball.