PDA

View Full Version : Barlow breaks leg?

EasternWest
03-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Not confirmed yet, but I saw it on Foxtel and it looked terrible. Especially when he tried to stand. Looks like Barlow has just broken his leg Judas style. Bad news for a good story.

mighty_west
03-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Not confirmed yet, but I saw it on Foxtel and it looked terrible. Especially when he tried to stand. Looks like Barlow has just broken his leg Judas style. Bad news for a good story.

Just slow mo'ed it, on impact, his lower leg bent sideways, then he gets up & tries to walk on it, it bends sideways again!!!!!

:(

EasternWest
03-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Just slow mo'ed it, on impact, his lower leg bent sideways, then he gets up & tries to walk on it, it bends sideways again!!!!!

Ugly stuff. Poor kid.

LostDoggy
03-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Im shattered for him......

Remi Moses
03-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Looked very Judas Brown like. Awful For the kid:(

westdog54
03-07-2010, 11:40 PM

There is no more sickening injury to watch than a limb going in directions that it shouldn't. Awful, Awful stuff.

lemmon
04-07-2010, 01:39 AM
The point were he got back to his feet only for the bone to jut back out again was sickening

LostDoggy
04-07-2010, 11:52 AM
It looks like he made it worse aswell by trying to get up and play on. Here it is for everyone who didn't see it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttgYUGiFEM0

Mofra
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
I know Brown was never the same player again, but didn't Michael Voss come back from a similar break?

Hopefully Barlow makes it back to AFL

aker39
04-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm down at Geelong and I reckon Ziebell has broken his leg.

LostDoggy
04-07-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm down at Geelong and I reckon Ziebell has broken his leg.

Yeah they said its suspected, so scans will show more.

lemmon
04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
According to MMM and the Doc, Ziebell has a fracture in the other bone in the same leg as last years injury. Tough initiation for the kid

Topdog
05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Horrible stuff for Barlow. I've watched about 10 of Freo's games this year and I've fallen in love with Barlow as a footballer. Really has had a remarkable season and I'm shattered for the kid.

Ozza
05-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Doc Larkins on radio this morning declared Barlow's a "2 year injury" - saying that with what lies ahead of him for recovery, he shouldn't think about playing until 2012. Very sad. The bloke is a gun, quite often a 30 touch 2-3 goal player - and goes about it in a terrific way.

mighty_west
05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Doc Larkins on radio this morning declared Barlow's a "2 year injury" - saying that with what lies ahead of him for recovery, he shouldn't think about playing until 2012. Very sad. The bloke is a gun, quite often a 30 touch 2-3 goal player - and goes about it in a terrific way.

That just sucks, for a player to do it the hard way, finally get a chance as a mature rookie, and to have such an impact thus far, you just can't help feeling shattered for him.

You'd have to think that not being the quickest player, and not relying on pace, hopefully it won't take to much away from his game, to me, he really is the unfashionable 80's or 90's style mid that many would say could not be drafted for todays game, but he has showed that all you need are footy smarts, and goes to show how pace & sublime skills are not everything.

The Coon Dog
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I feel for Michael Barlow, given his year to date & where he came from. As inspiration to all.

Now, purely as a Bulldog supporter who wants to finish above Freo I hope his loss can't be covered adequately.

Sorry for feeling this way, but its Bulldogs first, second & third for me.

Topdog
05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
His loss won't be covered adequately. It's a "good" injury for the Bulldogs chase for the top 4 but with the way things are looking at the moment it won't make a difference.