PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Bulldogs Sections

The Adelaide Connection
06-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Hey all,

Am over for the Carlton game next weekend and was just wanting a bit of a heads up on good spots to sit on level 1. I went in a little blind for the round 1 Collingwood game and was a bulldog needle in a black and white cesspit of a haystack.

I can get centre wing tickets on the Victory room side but would rather be in a pocket or behind the goals if that area will be ALL Carlton.

Cheers,
TAC

LostDoggy
06-07-2010, 03:06 AM
I'm sitting Aisle 11, near the Victory Room in AFL members. If you sit in this area you will be surrounded by Carlton supporters! We are always outnumbered in AFL member areas.

The Adelaide Connection
06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm sitting Aisle 11, near the Victory Room in AFL members. If you sit in this area you will be surrounded by Carlton supporters! We are always outnumbered in AFL member areas.

Damn it, that's what I feared. I can actually get tickets in this section cheaper than GA through an event seller I have bought tickets off in the past (and they are premiership club and right on the centre bounce).

So any ideas where they herd the Bulldogs supporters for away games? Where are the cheersquad for example?

LostDoggy
06-07-2010, 04:32 PM
I would think the Cheer Squad will be at the Coventry (Bourke Street) end of the ground.

http://www.etihadstadium.com.au/site/_content/document/00000073-source.pdf

They usually sit the Lockett (Latrobe Street) end for home games.

But best to confirm with the club or someone from the cheer squad.

Enjoy the game!! :)

The Adelaide Connection
06-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I would think the Cheer Squad will be at the Coventry (Bourke Street) end of the ground.

http://www.etihadstadium.com.au/site/_content/document/00000073-source.pdf

They usually sit the Lockett (Latrobe Street) end for home games.

But best to confirm with the club or someone from the cheer squad.

Enjoy the game!! :)

Thanks Suz. I ended up getting the tickets on the wing, figured worst comes to worst it probably won't be sold out and I could probably sneak my way into a seat behind the goals easier than sneaking my way into a seat on the wing.

LostDoggy
07-07-2010, 01:56 AM
It's pretty hard where ever you go in away games against big Vic clubs. But I've found when I buy tickets using my member barcodes to upgrade, they usually put me around other members who have upgraded. But still we are usually outnumbered.

The Adelaide Connection
07-07-2010, 02:11 PM
It's pretty hard where ever you go in away games against big Vic clubs. But I've found when I buy tickets using my member barcodes to upgrade, they usually put me around other members who have upgraded. But still we are usually outnumbered.

Yeah I knew that generally we would be outnumbered, but buying them off the ticketek/master website I always seem to get screwed. Doing it in person is better as you can make a choice from the available seats left rather than "best available seat" which is usually not the case.

For the round 1 game (our home game) I got in quite early and used my membership barcodes and ended up with seats in the back row of a bay that was almost completely Collingwood in the pocket on level 1. I found the back of the bay is a bit weird (because you lose a lot of the crowd and game sounds from the overhang) and I don't mind sitting with opposition supporters but prefer it when it is not ALL opposition supporters (especially when you lose ;)).

LostDoggy
07-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks Suz. I ended up getting the tickets on the wing, figured worst comes to worst it probably won't be sold out and I could probably sneak my way into a seat behind the goals easier than sneaking my way into a seat on the wing.

Yes, good point. Us not being one of the 'big' clubs, there should be spare seats at either side of the cheer squad. Enjoy your weekend in Melbourne. I'm off to Adelaide to watch Melbourne Storm. :)

LostDoggy
07-07-2010, 03:13 PM
I've said this before, on these ticketmaster and ticketek online booking, they should allow us to see and select our seats from a stadium map. Not let the system choose what they think is the best available.

FlightoftheCallanWards
07-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I've said this before, on these ticketmaster and ticketek online booking, they should allow us to see and select our seats from a stadium map. Not let the system choose what they think is the best available.
At least our preffered section. They offer up crap in the bleachers then a day later are showing bottom level tickets. Weird system

LostDoggy
07-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Yep. That's why I've waited and waited all month. And today it's released level 1 aisle 6 row e. I'm gonna hold another day and hopefully get row a or b! Hopefully

The Adelaide Connection
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM
At least our preffered section. They offer up crap in the bleachers then a day later are showing bottom level tickets. Weird system

"Pre-sale" tickets to gigs are another scam in the same vain. They are the worst tickets possible for each section that they want to sell first. Less-excited punters are more likely to go if good tickets are available, not so likely if only the worst seats in the house are left.

It should be illegal, but it seems they take advantage of those that are desperate to go and thus get in as soon as possible.

EasternWest
08-07-2010, 01:14 PM
"Pre-sale" tickets to gigs are another scam in the same vain. They are the worst tickets possible for each section that they want to sell first. Less-excited punters are more likely to go if good tickets are available, not so likely if only the worst seats in the house are left.

It should be illegal, but it seems they take advantage of those that are desperate to go and thus get in as soon as possible.

Super, super post. So true. I hate being taken for that kind of ride, but it happens all the time.

Greystache
08-07-2010, 04:49 PM

How far in advance did you book Arkie? I'm an AFL member but I tend to only sit in the reserve section when it's a low drawing game and I can get tickets on the day.

Desipura
08-07-2010, 05:01 PM
How far in advance did you book Arkie? I'm an AFL member but I tend to only sit in the reserve section when it's a low drawing game and I can get tickets on the day.
Greystache, Im an AFL member and I booked all the big drawing games on Feb 28th. It was available for all AFL members. All my seats are roughly in the same area aisle 9-11.
I did not bother to book for this week however I did for the Geelong game.

Greystache
08-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Greystache, Im an AFL member and I booked all the big drawing games on Feb 28th. It was available for all AFL members. All my seats are roughly in the same area aisle 9-11.
I did not bother to book for this week however I did for the Geelong game.

Ok, thanks Desi. I have quite a few AFL member mates and we don't usually know until the day who's coming, so I struggle to book in advance. I wouldn't care except for this "premium seating" arrangement they have now, just another Collins rip off opportunity to make us pay to reserve seats that will be empty otherwise. The North Melbourne game coming up has been upgraded now, it'll be a struggle to get 30k there!

LostDoggy
08-07-2010, 05:25 PM
So any ideas where they herd the Bulldogs supporters for away games? Where are the cheersquad for example?

Just spoke with friend in cheersquad. Bourke Street end.:)

aker39
08-07-2010, 11:24 PM
The North Melbourne game coming up has been upgraded now, it'll be a struggle to get 30k there!

They are starting to take this piss out of us now.
How can they justify upgrading this game.

The Adelaide Connection
09-07-2010, 01:49 AM
[/I][/B]
Just spoke with friend in cheersquad. Bourke Street end.:)

Thanks mate, I might wander down for a quarter or so. I have managed to drag along my girlfriend (Crows), little sister (Crows), and a mate who lives in Melbourne (Crows) and his girlfriend (West Coast). I will be demanding that all get their Bulldogs bandwagon shoes on and decking them all out in some of my excess merchandise, so there will at least be a little pocket of red, white and blue in aisle 14.

LostDoggy
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks mate, I might wander down for a quarter or so. I have managed to drag along my girlfriend (Crows), little sister (Crows), and a mate who lives in Melbourne (Crows) and his girlfriend (West Coast). I will be demanding that all get their Bulldogs bandwagon shoes on and decking them all out in some of my excess merchandise, so there will at least be a little pocket of red, white and blue in aisle 14.

Be looking for you all. Might come over and give your bay a rhyme or 2 while I'm at it. ;)

LostDoggy
10-07-2010, 02:25 AM

I booked them at the start of the season when they had the 3 day sale for Rounds 1-21. The problem is of course I couldn't get any guest passes as I booked so far away from the event. I haven't upgraded for the upcoming North Melbourne game and since it has been upgraded should I do so soon to ensure level one seating?

I really do think the AFL Members area is great though. It's good to be right near the interchange and see everything!