PDA

View Full Version : 2nd hand Eade Interview: 3AW

Ghost Dog
06-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Has anyone else posted this yet? If so pls delete this thread.
( credit to The Boy From Brasil, http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727577 )

Rodney Eade interviewed on 3AW!
Eade was just interviewed on 3AW 30 minutes ago so I transcribed the interview

EMOTION WHEN SIREN SOUNDS

Didn't see Clarkson celebrating but it is good for coaches to celebrate and show some emotion. Sometimes we are too deadpan at the end of the game.

LAST FOUR LOSSES UNDER TEN POINTS. TEMPO PROBLEM?

The last three losses we have been behind so it is not a problem with controlling the temp. In the past we have been extremely good at winning the close ones. This year we have been poor at it. We had a big talk about it today to try and come up with solutions.

GRIFFEN IN THE LAST SECONDS

It was 15 metres out from goal and was an instinctive act to stop when he heard the siren. Someone like Hall may have taken the initiative to shepherd it but Ryan isn't used to playing in the forward line, he is a midfielder. Ryan was extremely down about that today but I made sure he realised that it didn't cost us the game. There were many other areas where we lost the game.

WHAT IS THE ATTITUDE GOING FORWARD?

We are pretty positive at the moment. Hawthorn had massive momentum, we had a close loss against St Kilda, so we are not far away from the good sides in the competition. Our skills are really down at the moment but our attack at the ball and workrate is fantastic. We are really working on our skill level. Whether we finish 4th, 5th or 6th, we are confident against whoever we play.

ABILITY TO HIT TARGETS

We bring the ball into the forward line badly. Generally we go too much to Barry. On friday our kicking patterns were poor. We rushed a lot of our kicks which could have been inferred pressure. Our biggest upside that we have as a team now, is movement of the ball inside the forward 50. We get that right and we can challenge again.

MESSAGE FOR WEEK

Leadership. We had a solid discussion today. Good leaders arn't affected by form. As a collective leadership we have to improve in this area. We need to improve our leadership in the last minutes of the game, in a number of areas. Instructions are critical.

AKERS "DRIBBLER" COMMENT

I was really dissappointed in it. Why ridicule a young kid. The leadership group have spoken to him about it today. The club as a whole is dissappointed in it.

HE WAS FRUSTRATED AT HOW HE PLAYED?

I saw the quotes after the game, and he was really positive and complimentary. To say what he said this morning though was really really dissappointing. I watched the game - he didn't get grabbed at all. So what aker said this morning really dissappointed me.

Templeton31
06-07-2010, 09:12 PM
thanks for the post & summary GD.

Ghost Dog
07-07-2010, 12:21 AM
thanks for the post & summary GD.

"Good leaders aren't affected by form."

If only supporters were not!

Desipura
07-07-2010, 09:20 AM
"Good leaders aren't affected by form."

If only supporters were not!
When have we been in form this season other than preseason?

azabob
07-07-2010, 06:42 PM
When have we been in form this season other than preseason?

Does pre season form even count? :D