PDA

View Full Version : Darwin!!

LostDoggy
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Just wondering if anyones going?? I get up there Tuesday night with the girls and will probally be kicking back at Wisdom in Mitchell St Wednesday.........................well probally most days!!

If anyone wants to join us us your all welcome, we are pretty much unmissable!!:D

The Coon Dog
06-07-2010, 09:21 PM
we are pretty much unmissable!!:D

Someone's gotta ask, why's that? :)

LostDoggy
06-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Three girls in bulldog hats drinking beer and carrying a big salami with eyes!! He is our mascot Jurgen!!

LostDoggy
06-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Ill be going up...leave next Wednesday night......cant wait...never been before...so really looking forward to it...

LostDoggy
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
its awesome, lots of doggies up there and lots to see if you like waterfalls, crocodiles etc. Great place to enjoy a frosty or two;)

Doggy
06-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Arriving late on the Thursday night. Been about 10 times to NT and this will be my second Bulldogs game. Fantastic night, great atmosphere. Cold cans of VB and you can even have a ciggy inside the ground if you like. It's amazing how many Doggy supporters you see walking the streets of Darwin wearing the red, white and blue in the days leading up to the game.

LostDoggy
07-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Have promised myself that one day I will make the journey up north - great to see the doggies play up there, but also, great to be warm again :o

LostDoggy
07-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Have promised myself that one day I will make the journey up north - great to see the doggies play up there, but also, great to be warm again :o

Yeah, Darwin's sounding really good right about now (as my fingers try to thaw out). I'm seriously questioning why I'm going to Tasmania that week. :confused:

LostDoggy
08-07-2010, 03:27 AM
It's too hot up there. I like the winter.

LostDoggy
08-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Three girls in bulldog hats drinking beer and carrying a big salami with eyes!! He is our mascot Jurgen!!

Ahh Jurgen!!! Hows he going?? :D Great pub sitting at the open window. Can't make it this year Woofgirl but hope you and the girls have fun!

LostDoggy
08-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Ill be going up...leave next Wednesday night......cant wait...never been before...so really looking forward to it...

You will have a ball Minson27 go down to the grass area on the Esplanade behind the Novatel or the Mantra in the mornings leading up to the game, the boys usually have a kick. Being at the game is awesome just like local footy but you get to watch the dog's. I spoke to an Aboriginal during the game who had travelled for two weeks just to get to the game, he lived in an outback station but new all the players names and new his stuff, really committed. He made alot of noise:D good bloke.

cammo78
08-07-2010, 09:50 AM
From my visit in 2007...have been to every place we have played bar Launceston, and Darwin is a clear winner.

LostDoggy
08-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Went to a school camp last year in Darwin and persuaded my AFL hating teacher to let me and a couple of the mates to go! Was an amazing experience as you get to see how much the indigenous community in NT embrace the great game of AFL. Would love to go next year...

LostDoggy
09-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah, Darwin's sounding really good right about now (as my fingers try to thaw out). I'm seriously questioning why I'm going to Tasmania that week. :confused:

Ah Suz, yes I think I would be asking myself that question too! Good on all you people who love winter, but I'm not really enjoying it this year! Must be getting soft, like Baz!