PDA

View Full Version : To Rest or not To Rest? (Barry That is)

LostDoggy
07-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Before the season started Rodney talked about Barry going to have a few braks throughout the year, although he has yet to have one. I think this is because he thinks if Barry doesn't play we can't win. Which might be true in games against the tougher teams, so I'd like to see him play this week against Carlton as I think he will smash their defence. But I would like to see him rested for the Port game the week after.

Seeing as many of these "recycled" players around other clubs aren't doing as well as they'd like. I.e. Fevolva, Bradshaw. Don't want Barry to fall in that category.

What's everyone else think? Can't risk resting him or rest him so he has more chance of avoiding injury?

AndrewP6
07-07-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm not sure we can, given the predicament we've put ourselves in. I do agree he probably could do with a rest, but I'm not confident the others could pick up the slack...

GVGjr
07-07-2010, 06:50 AM
He might not make the trip to Darwin.

Mofra
07-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Ideal opportunity to give Jones a run, the same way we have given other kids their debut late in the year to get their mind ready for the upcoming pre-season.
He'll travel with the team to Darwin and be a part of the whole build up.

Desipura
07-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Ideal opportunity to give Jones a run, the same way we have given other kids their debut late in the year to get their mind ready for the upcoming pre-season.

I was thinking the same thing.

Greystache
07-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Eade always talks before the season about potentially resting senior players at points during the year, he talked about doing it with Aker and Johno last year, but when push comes to shove we don't when the pressure is on during the season. Johno played 25 games last year and Aker played 24 (he missed a week through a tripping suspension), I doubt we'll see Barry taking a weeks rest unless it's forced through injury.

azabob
07-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure we can, given the predicament we've put ourselves in. I do agree he probably could do with a rest, but I'm not confident the others could pick up the slack...

And plus if both of your favourite players (Hall & Aka) were not playing what would be the point of you watching?? ;)

LostDoggy
07-07-2010, 07:01 PM

I like this idea.

LostDoggy
07-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I like this idea.

Yep I like it to.:)