PDA

View Full Version : Surname no liability for Everitt

GVGjr
07-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Surname no liability for Everitt (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22031057%255E19742,00.html)

COACH Rodney Eade is confident that Western Bulldogs debutant Andrejs Everitt won't buckle under the pressure of his famous surname.

The 18-year-old with a lanky frame and dreadlocks is a stark reminder of the image his half-brother and Swans ruckman Peter Everitt projected only a few years ago.

While he bears the same surname, Eade doesn't expect Everitt to feel the heat today in his first senior game, against Port Adelaide at Telstra Dome.

"He's a pretty laid-back young lad," Eade said yesterday. "He's a very quiet, fairly shy sort of guy, so he doesn't seem to be too fazed by it."

Eade said Everitt's form meant he could no longer be overlooked.

"Andrejs has demanded it by form," he said.

"He was recruited as a backman but he's played well in the midfield, on a wing.

"He's very athletic, a nice kick but obviously a very lean young lad. But he's a footballer first, he reads a game very well so we've got high hopes for him."

Eade was philosophical about the logjam of teams jostling for a spot in the top eight, but denied it was a tense time for his ninth-placed Bulldogs.

"I think it will stay the same until Round 22 with probably 12 teams at the moment (in contention), I think it's going to ebb and flow," he said.

Mofra
08-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Eade nailed that one. I though Everitt's debut was the best first game we've seem for years.

southerncross
08-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Eade nailed that one. I though Everitt's debut was the best first game we've seem for years.

He really did use the ball well didn't he. I think his 5 of his first 6 kicks hit their marks.

Go_Dogs
08-07-2007, 12:50 PM
His mark over Williams showed courage too. He's very agile, quick and his boot is impressive. Going to be a fantastic player if yesterday is anything to go by.

Bulldog Revolution
08-07-2007, 01:09 PM

High praise indeed - its been great under Eade that the young fellas come in and play well

Who else have made great debuts of recent?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Certainly made more impact than any other 1st game Bulldog player I can recall in many a year. Maybe since John Georgadis...???

Mofra
08-07-2007, 03:55 PM
He really did use the ball well didn't he. I think his 5 of his first 6 kicks hit their marks.

There was one long kick to (Ray?) that basically went 55-60m, Ray took it with two opposition players 2m either side of him, and he didn't even break stride.
Andrejs even looked set to take a kick in at one point during the 3rd, so he does have a bit of confidence with his skills.

I have to admit I was a little surprised when his name was called out first round on draft day, but am happy with selection so far.

bulldogtragic
08-07-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm stoked for him. And stoked for Clayton.

How many on BF were calling for heads when a certain player who got to Adelaide wasnt called out by us. There was a near mutiny!

His training and attitude have ben great. Not only is he athletic, but he has real courage and sensational skills for a bloke his size. If he can get to 198cm or so he could be a real damage player. Able to man gorilla forwards, but run and expose them will pace and precision kicking.

Great game for him and should be proud as punch.

Dry Rot
08-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Wish I'd seen the game - sounds like a fine debut.

Bulldog Revolution
09-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Certainly made more impact than any other 1st game Bulldog player I can recall in many a year. Maybe since John Georgadis...???

Geogiadis - now that was a classic, I remember listening to that game on radio thinking we'd really found a player there.

Wasn't Higgins pretty good in his debut game? I seem to remember thinking his was as good a debut as I've seen at the time

Who else? Dale Morris?

bulldogtragic
27-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Everitt still teasing everyone with a good quarter for his third club. Every time I watch him he seems to play well (ie Adelaide last year). All I think when I see him is:

Bad pick. Bad trade. Bad Vez. Nil end gain.

Remi Moses
27-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Bit of the usual everything from Everitt.
2 rushed kicks out of defense, couple of goals, and keeping Deledio quiet.