PDA

View Full Version : Riewoldt. 1 Lead, 1 Flop, 1 Free Kick

EasternWest
10-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Welcome back Roo :rolleyes:.

Mantis
10-07-2010, 08:24 PM
He really needs to have a look in a mirror... Dirty flog.

Saints in a bit of trouble. No Goodard and Rooey having no influence is telling.

EasternWest
10-07-2010, 08:40 PM
He really needs to have a look in a mirror... Dirty flog.

Saints in a bit of trouble. No Goodard and Rooey having no influence is telling.

He's barely kicking through the ball. Looks like he'll struggle to kick 40-45, and he wasn't the biggest kick beforehand.

G-Mo77
10-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I forgot how much I hated him until I saw him tonight!

Remi Moses
11-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Can you believe some moron who hosts a show on 1116 SEN had a crack at Brisbane for roughing capt. Collapse up!! Mind blowing hypocrisy right there:rolleyes:

AndrewP6
11-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Apart from the obligatory flop, how did Nick The Diver go?

chef
11-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Apart from the obligatory flop, how did Nick The Diver go?

I thought it was a pretty good come back in the end. He only played about 70-80 minutes(kicked 1 goal 4 I think) and was pissed off every time they interchanged him(plus have a chuck on the boundary line). Lyon was pissed off after the game as the Lions players really went after him, but it didn't faze Roo to much and he just went about his business of throwing himself until every contest without any regard for his safety.

Yes, I am a Riewoldt admirer and he does dive(and I am over what happen in the prelim last year), but hey so does our Skipper so does it matter that much.

Desipura
11-07-2010, 07:33 AM
I thought it was a pretty good come back in the end. He only played about 70-80 minutes(kicked 1 goal 4 I think) and was pissed off every time they interchanged him(plus have a chuck on the boundary line). Lyon was pissed off after the game as the Lions players really went after him, but it didn't faze Roo to much and he just went about his business of throwing himself until every contest without any regard for his safety.

Yes, I am a Riewoldt admirer and he does dive(and I am over what happen in the prelim last year), but hey so does our Skipper so does it matter that much.
This ^^^^^^. I hope he comes back to his best eventually (just not against us)

Sockeye Salmon
11-07-2010, 08:45 AM
This ^^^^^^. I hope he comes back to his best eventually (just not against us)

I hope he rips the thing totally off the bone and has his career ruined.

Hotdog60
11-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Ah Sockeye, always the diplomat.;)

ledge
11-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Great player but wow have they bought him back proppy, stood out like dogs balls.

Desipura
11-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I hope he rips the thing totally off the bone and has his career ruined.
Says a fair bit about you then it does me.

EasternWest
11-07-2010, 09:54 AM

Have to agree with both of these highlighted points.

He handled the attention pretty well last night.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like him. I think he seems like a knob bloke. But the way he plays is amazing, and on song he's about the best in the game.

I don't think Johnno dives anywhere near as much as Roo, but it has always annoyed me that he does.

mighty_west
11-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Can you believe some moron who hosts a show on 1116 SEN had a crack at Brisbane for roughing capt. Collapse up!! Mind blowing hypocrisy right there:rolleyes:

Not suprising, most of the staff at SEN follow the Saints, and we know what Saints supporters are like, you only have to be around them at a game to see first hand....and i thought Richmond supporters were morons!!!

Ghost Dog
11-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Anyone with medical background like to comment on his recovery? How they go about it.
Pretty astounding turn around time on that injury. Implications for all players.

Mantis
11-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Great player but wow have they bought him back proppy, stood out like dogs balls.

He has been in full training for 3 weeks and was declared fit to play last game, but was held back an extra week.

He looked like he lacked a little confidence, which is natural, but I wouldn't say he was proppy.

GVGjr
11-07-2010, 10:14 AM
He has been in full training for 3 weeks and was declared fit to play last game, but was held back an extra week.

He looked like he lacked a little confidence, which is natural, but I wouldn't say he was proppy.

In another 2 games he will start to get back to his near best form. I agree he just lacked confidence.

Mofra
11-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Don't get me wrong, I really don't like him. I think he seems like a knob bloke. But the way he plays is amazing, and on song he's about the best in the game.
Yep - although I still think Buddy & Brown at their absolute best are a tick in front of Roo at his absolute best. Roo is simply more consistent.

jazzadogs
11-07-2010, 01:49 PM
He's barely kicking through the ball. Looks like he'll struggle to kick 40-45, and he wasn't the biggest kick beforehand.
Whilst there were plenty of kicks which he didn't kick through, there was the point after the 3 Qtr Time siren which he kicked from about 55, that cleared the line comfortably. Shows he still has the ability to kick it long, maybe just needed to work into it.

SonofScray
11-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I agree with Sockeye.

Do not have any respect for this guy, partly his own doing, partly the way the umpiring fraternity reacts to him.