PDA

View Full Version : Round 16 - WOOF Selectors Table

becmatty
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
With Matty Primus the new coach at Port Adelaide, this looms as a certain danger game for the Doggies.

Selections will again be interesting, with Everitt, Eagleton and Moles all in fine form for Williamstown.

Hahn and Minson will come into contention if fit.

And Akermanis, with his five goals, will be screaming the house down to get his spot back.

With Stack doing a hammy, Aker's chances have not been harmed.

I suggest two changes:

Out: Roughead, Stack
In: Minson, Akermanis

boydogs
11-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Sounds about right. Wood and Ward a bit quiet if there were to be a 3rd change

Rocco Jones
11-07-2010, 08:34 PM
My biggest concern isn't Primus, it's the 6 day break before a game in Darwin. I thought Friday night was a big game emotionally for Port, in that sense it's not like the normal first game after a coach as been sacked because in a way they have already had it.

If our legs are fine I think we should smash them (even if they aren't, I think we should be right).

I liked Johnno's game today but after how he pulled up and his issues with injury this season I think it would probably be the perfect game to rest him.

Williams looked like he had a bit of an issue with his hammy and Ward struggled today after coping a knock to the kidneys (probably no issue though).

I thought Roughead was OK today but if Minson isn't right, I would like to see us go with a part timer supporting Hudson, giving us a bit more running depth. With Trengove being their 2nd ruck I don't think someone like Dre will have as big a physical disadvantage as most weeks.

Not a big fan of Eagle in the 22 but I really think next week suits him.

The Pie Man
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Eade flagged resting Johnson in his post match with Bubba, mentioning Eagleton & Aker the two most likely to come in for BJ & Stack.

Thought Wood was ok, had 15 touches - Ward only had 13, though I'd be reluctant to drop him.

I say this not wanting to be disrespectful...or at least too disrespectful...I don't want to see Stack play for us ever again

EasternWest
11-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Eade flagged resting Johnson in his post match with Bubba, mentioning Eagleton & Aker the two most likely to come in for BJ & Stack.

Thought Wood was ok, had 15 touches - Ward only had 13, though I'd be reluctant to drop him.

I say this not wanting to be disrespectful...or at least too disrespectful...I don't want to see Stack play for us ever again

I don't think we can afford to rest Bubba and Johnno at the same time :D.

Unfortunately, re Stack, I agree. Adds zero.

Rocco Jones
11-07-2010, 08:44 PM

Ever is too harsh at the moment IMO but he would have to really lift his intensity massively to warrant another crack at it. He was very poor in his short time on the ground today.

Rance Fan
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Everitt is surely due for another shot!

Out - Johnno, Stack
In - Everitt, Moles - should give us more run in 6 day turnaround

Rest/Leave out the old blokes - Eagleton, Johnno & Aker
Give Minson another week to recover

becmatty
11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
How did Hill go at Willy?

The Pie Man
11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Ever is too harsh at the moment IMO but he would have to really lift his intensity massively to warrant another crack at it. He was very poor in his short time on the ground today.

You're probably right Rocco, and I stress I don't want to disrespectful with it - I was surprised he got picked, and his efforts in the 1st quarter were sub-standard, but his game against Sydney earlier this year showed he has the tools to play at the level.

Of the players to feature at senior level this year, he is my least favourite, and I can't see him ever being consistent or hard enough at the contest to have a career.

GVGjr
11-07-2010, 08:55 PM
4 changes

In - Minson, Jones, Eagleton and Moles
Out - Roughead, Hall, Johnson and Stack

Roughead did no wrong but I want to manage him and make sure he is available for the balance of the season. If Minson is not 100% then Roughy stays. We need to make sure we don't run Hudson into the ground.
Hall and Johnson are key players against Fremantle and I would question their ability to back up from a trip to the NT.

I'd like to play Hill to replace Stack but I don't think we will.

Doggy
11-07-2010, 08:56 PM
How did Hill go at Willy?

Willy today
Best Players: L. Jones, P. Faulks, J. Akermanis, A. Everitt, S. Tiller, A. Kennedy

LostDoggy
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Would really like to see Jones get a game and maybe Hooper for Stack?

Bring back Aker and Minson against Freo so they dont have to go on the trip to Darwin.

So for me Out - Stack (injured) and Hall/Johnson to give one of them a break before Freo.

In - Hooper, Jones

Forgot about Everitt he should come in but not sure who for, maybe Roughead and he can take the 2nd ruck.

becmatty
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Willy today
Best Players: L. Jones, P. Faulks, J. Akermanis, A. Everitt, S. Tiller, A. Kennedy

Yep, I've seen the best, but it also doesn't include Eagleton and Moles who had 64 touches between them.

Interested to see how Hill went about his game and his intensity levels. Regardless of this however, I don't think he will get a look in this week, as he is behind a long list of players pushing for selection...

LostDoggy
11-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Give Will another week to rest.

Out: Johnno, Stack
In: Everitt, Aker

Before I Die
11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Given Hooper has been knocking on the door, Stack's injury gives him the opportunity to show what he can do. Then the week after I would bring back Aker unless Hooper has a blinder. I am not super keen to rest players when a loss could put top four completely out of reach. However, if other players such as Johnno or Williams don't come up then I am happy with any of Everitt, Tiller, Jones or Hahn to come in. Minson if fit comes straight back for Roughead.

So

Out: Stack, Roughead

In: Hooper, Minson

Desipura
11-07-2010, 09:26 PM
4 changes

Roughead did no wrong but I want to manage him and make sure he is available for the balance of the season. If Minson is not 100% then Roughy stays. We need to make sure we don't run Hudson into the ground.
Hall and Johnson are key players against Fremantle and I would question their ability to back up from a trip to the NT.

Agree with those changes. Great to see Jones in the bests and kicking goals. I like the boy!

chef
11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
4 changes

Roughead did no wrong but I want to manage him and make sure he is available for the balance of the season. If Minson is not 100% the Roughy stays. We need to make sure we don't run Hudson into the ground.

To big a game to rest Hall, we need to keep on winning IMO.

becmatty
11-07-2010, 09:41 PM
4 changes

Oh dear GVG!

In my best McEnroe impersonation - you cannot be serious!?!

Calling for the MC to rest arguably our two most dangerous and prolific forwards - Hall and Johnno - only to replace them with midfielders, is a ridiculous call.

Hall will not be rested in a million years.

If Johnno was to be rested, Acker or Hooper would replace him.

Dazza
11-07-2010, 09:47 PM
How is Jones speed? Could we play Jones and Hall in the same forward line?

Given Eades comments after the game I think a few will be rested for the Darwin game. Makes things interesting.

Can't see Johnno getting up as he looked troubled with injury before the first bounce even.

Rocco Jones
11-07-2010, 09:49 PM

Why not a midfielder/runner? The game is a very different one to the very simple like for like view you seem to have. It's not uncommon to see a HF being replaced by a runner/midfielder especially in a situation like a 6 day break before playing in Darwin.

Think of our ins for the Carlton game. Roughead for Minson and Stack for Hahn were like for like but we also included Williams with a midfielder in Reid going out.

In affect, bringing in Eagleton means we are playing as many runners/midfielders as we did in the Hawks game, definitely understandable considering the conditions.

Rocco Jones
11-07-2010, 09:51 PM
How is Jones speed? Could we play Jones and Hall in the same forward line?

Given Eades comments after the game I think a few will be rested for the Darwin game. Makes things interesting.

Can't see Johnno getting up as he looked troubled with injury before the first bounce even.

I'd love to see Jones get a go but I don't think I can think of a worse time to play an extra KP forward than when playing in Darwin off a 6 day break.

GVGjr
11-07-2010, 09:56 PM
To big a game to rest Hall, we need to keep on winning IMO.

It may very well be but for a couple of seasons we have been talking about the need to rest the older guys on the more challenging interstate trips.

It's an early call but lets see how they pull up come the middle of the week.

GVGjr
11-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Oh dear GVG!

Calling for the MC to rest arguably our two most dangerous and prolific forwards - Hall and Johnno - only to replace them with midfielders, is a ridiculous call.

It's a couple of hours after the game and we haven't got any medical reports to go on but I do believe we need to manage the older guys. The trip to Darwin is the most challenging and whilst I initially thought of including Akermanis, another week for him at Williamstown won't hurt.

Giansiracusa can play as a permanent small forward and I can see some benefit in playing Murphy there as well.

becmatty
11-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Why not a midfielder/runner? The game is a very different one to the very simple like for like view you seem to have. It's not uncommon to see a HF being replaced by a runner/midfielder especially in a situation like a 6 day break before playing in Darwin.

Think of our ins for the Carlton game. Roughead for Minson and Stack for Hahn were like for like but we also included Williams with a midfielder in Reid going out.

In affect, bringing in Eagleton means we are playing as many runners/midfielders as we did in the Hawks game, definitely understandable considering the conditions.

I agree that Eagleton is a chance to come in, and don't strictly subscribe to the like for like mentality.

However, with Stack going out, the prospect of resting Johnno as well means that we will have a holes in our forward line that will need to be filled. With that in mind, at least one of the replacements for Stack and Johnno should be forwards, and Aker, Hooper or perhaps even Hahn would be more likely options.

AndrewP6
11-07-2010, 10:14 PM
In Aker, Moles (if Johnno isn't right)
Out Stack, Johnson (if he doesn't pull up well)

EasternWest
11-07-2010, 10:41 PM

That would mean recruiting a new guy and trying to teach him our systems.

Better to put Aker in. He kicked 5 at Willi.

Mantis
11-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Oh dear GVG!

How do you know?

From memory nearly every outlandish statement you make is later proven to be incorrect.

Eade mentioned in his presser that Hall was taken from the ground due to some ankle soreness and would be monitored closely this week, but hinted that they would take no risks with him.

---

On another note if Minson is ok I would look at bringing him in for Huddo. We will need Huddo firing for our game against Freo when he will have a massive task against Sandilands.

becmatty
11-07-2010, 11:02 PM
How do you know?

From memory nearly every outlandish statement you make is later proven to be incorrect.

I am more reliable than Paul the Octopus when it comes to Bulldog predicitons.

Thanks for your two bob's worth though, Mantis. Next time I have something outlandish to say, I will think of you and opt for the conservative line.

Mantis
11-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I am more reliable than Paul the Octopus when it comes to Bulldog predicitons.

Thanks for your two bob's worth though, Mantis. Next time I have something outlandish to say, I will think of you and opt for the conservative line.

Why would you delete the only opinion worth considering on this topic, that of the coaches?

Eade has already mentioned that Hall has pulled up a little sore so if that is the case that million years might not be too far away.

bornadog
11-07-2010, 11:16 PM
On another note if Minson is ok I would look at bringing him in for Huddo. We will need Huddo firing for our game against Freo when he will have a massive task against Sandilands.

I agree Huddo needs a rest, the rucks were beaten today and it may be a good week to rest him.

LostDoggy
11-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Hall will be rested almost 100% this week imo along with Johnno.

Greystache
12-07-2010, 12:17 AM
It sounds from Eade's press conference Johno is a certain out, Williams looks like he'll be right, and Hall to be monitored.

In- Akermanis, Minson, Jones, Moles
Out- Johnson, Stack, Hall, Roughead

4 changes is a lot, but at the end of the day Port are a pretty ordinary team and we should be able to win while resting some players.

Ghost Dog
12-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Not sure about that. Just ask Freo about Richmond when being complacent about opposition?
Port will be eager to beat their chests, given their coaching situation. Need the best team possible, as Eade commented.

Greystache
12-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Richmond had won 4 of their last 5 and are starting to jel together well, anyone who underrated them this week was a fool. Port have lost their last 8 and are showing no signs of improvement.

Ghost Dog
12-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Richmond had won 4 of their last 5 and are starting to jel together well, anyone who underrated them this week was a fool. Port have lost their last 8 and are showing no signs of improvement.

They gave it a fair crack against Collingwood. Did you watch the game? Ahead at one point and looked much improved. This end of the year, no easy games.

becmatty
12-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Why would you delete the only opinion worth considering on this topic, that of the coaches?

Eade has already mentioned that Hall has pulled up a little sore so if that is the case that million years might not be too far away.

Wowwee. do you think Eade is that silly as to show his hand to a brand new coach?

chef
12-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Not sure about that. Just ask Freo about Richmond when being complacent about opposition?
Port will be eager to beat their chests, given their coaching situation. Need the best team possible, as Eade commented.

I'm with you Ghost Dog, underestimate Port at your own peril.

Mantis
12-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Wowwee. do you think Eade is that silly as to show his hand to a brand new coach?

Eade mentioned in his press conference that both Johnson & Hall would be closely monitored this week and they wouldn't be taking a risk as we have a 6-day break and are heading to play in quite extreme conditions.

He stated that Johnson was likely to miss with his ankle injury and Hall was in some doubt. This statement is good enough for me at this stage.

Go_Dogs
12-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Eade mentioned in his press conference that both Johnson & Hall would be closely monitored this week and they wouldn't be taking a risk as we have a 6-day break and are heading to play in quite extreme conditions.

He stated that Johnson was likely to miss with his ankle injury and Hall was in some doubt. This statement is good enough for me at this stage.

Agreed.

IMHO, removing Hall from our forward line makes us harder to match up on and more unpredictable, which should also result in more headaches for the incoming coach, rather than us showing him our hand.

Mofra
12-07-2010, 11:12 AM

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hall-and-johnson-earn-a-week-off-20100711-105n2.html

Hall and Johnson earn a week off

THE Western Bulldogs are set to make the trip to Darwin this week without Barry Hall or Brad Johnson, but with Jason Akermanis likely to return as the Dogs wrestle the need to rest sore bodies against building on the much-needed momentum gained in yesterday's demolition of Carlton.
Eade tends not to play silly buggers with the line ups; with Jones BOG and performing well the week prior, it's the perfect time to give him a taste of senior action (it tends to be how we introduce new kids as well).

Out: Stack, Hall, Johnno, Hudson
In: Akermanis, Jones, Eagleton, Minson

I'd be happy for Roughy to get extra gametime to save Minson and hasten his recovery, as well as getting another senior game under his belt.
With Aker & Gia down forward, Jones should have the experienced players around to support him.
Eagleton comes in as an extra runner which will be important in the heat (he's a head of Moles for me).

Yes, 4 changes is alot after our best performance for the year but these are exceptional circumstances.

LostDoggy
12-07-2010, 01:05 PM
They gave it a fair crack against Collingwood. Did you watch the game? Ahead at one point and looked much improved. This end of the year, no easy games.

Yes and no. They were ahead in the first with a 5-6 goal wind. After that they didn't really do much

Dazza
12-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Say we DO rest Barry Hall and bring Jones in what is the likely setup? Jones CHF with Grant playing deep?

Greystache
12-07-2010, 03:23 PM

I saw the game, they kicked with a howling wind in the first quarter, and with the added build up they lifted for a brief period. After that they settled back into their normal rut and were barely competitive, including being outscored into the wind in the 3rd.

Doc26
12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Short of the Stack injury I wouldn't be tinkering too much after such a solid performance. The confidence gained last week will hopefully bring us some much needed momentum as we push a case for a top 4 birth. Wouldn't be keen to play around with a winning formula. Stack for Aker or Eagleton for his flat track ability would about do it for me.

LostDoggy
12-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Say we DO rest Barry Hall and bring Jones in what is the likely setup? Jones CHF with Grant playing deep?

I would think the likely set up if this occurs would be Grant FF, and Jones CHF, I would like to see this line up. Jones will end up a gun player in the near future.

comrade
12-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Whilst I'd love to see Jones debut if Hall does get a rest, I'm not sure he has the tank to be effective in the tough Darwin conditions. Despite our form trending up and Port being woeful, we still need everyone on board, playing a role. I'd prefer Aker in, to be honest.

I like Mantis' suggestion to give Huddo a break, so if Minson is right, bring him in.

I think we need more midfield rotations, so Johnno's soreness could be a blessing. That means Moles and Eagle may get another call up.

OUT: Hudson, Hall, Johnson, Stack
IN: Minson, Aker, Eagle, Moles

The forward line looks a bit half-rat power without Hall and Johnno. Gia and Higgins are really going to have to be dangerous. We could also forgo another runner in Moles, and bring in Everitt to help out in the ruck, letting Roughy stay forward? But, I'd prefer the extra run.

GVGjr
12-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Whilst I'd love to see Jones debut if Hall does get a rest, I'm not sure he has the tank to be effective in the tough Darwin conditions. Despite our form trending up and Port being woeful, we still need everyone on board, playing a role. I'd prefer Aker in, to be honest.

I don't think he is ready either but the word I was hearing was he was close to getting a senior game.

Ghost Dog
12-07-2010, 06:50 PM
including being outscored into the wind in the 3rd.

Exactly why we have to be careful
Re thread, agree - rest who we have to, but respect Port.

Logic
1. Firstly, re the coll game, Port made tactical errors. .

If they had kicked long,would have used the wind.
Bad tactics + bad skills. But these can reappear as happened w us. .

Also, Coll have D Swan...

Read below. source (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729328&page=2)

]"From all reports Carr was leap-frogged into the team because he pleaded to play in Choco's farewell game, not because he was about to retire. Added nothing, and just too slow now - Harding would have given us more. And Motlop ... well he occupied a guernsey again."

They may have dead wood gone by rnd 16 + new brains in the box + surely fire in the guts being proud club.

To sum up, stick with selects> rest who we have to> can't treat it as an easy game.
Almost stung us re NAB. Proud club looking to rebound. As for us, each game critical. We need 4 pts badly.

Weather forcast here: (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nt/darwin-daly/darwin)

Doc26
12-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't think he is ready either but the word I was hearing was he was close to getting a senior game.

Heard the same thing last week. From what I'd heard I thought he was a shoe in for selection last week but didn't happen. Would appear Stack got the final nod.

Hotdog60
12-07-2010, 07:00 PM
If Jones gets a game I would have him at FF and Grant at HF, I think Grant would have more petrol tickets with the games under his belt and Jones can either use his leap or lead out from the square.

LostDoggy
12-07-2010, 07:12 PM
The Western Bulldogs can confirm that forward Barry Hall injured his left ankle in yesterdays win against Carlton.

Hall is expected to miss the next 1 to 2 weeks.

I just got this in a media release from the club.

Hot_Doggies
12-07-2010, 07:14 PM
The Western Bulldogs can confirm that forward Barry Hall injured his left ankle in yesterdays win against Carlton.

PC way of saying 'we are resting him'. Stops giving the other team amo.

Doggy
12-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Tony (wanker) Jones on channel 9 just said he will miss 2.

chef
12-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Jones to come in then.

boydogs
12-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes, 4 changes is alot after our best performance for the year but these are exceptional circumstances.

Agreed. Hugely different weather. Begs the question whether or not we should persist with Darwin games - we can't afford to drop this, Port will be re-energised with a new coach and so we need to be very careful resting players. The travel and warmth will take its toll, and may make the crucial Freo game very difficult. You would hate to think that selling a home game was the difference between making the top 4 and not.

The other way to look at it though, is that it might do them good to play in some warmer weather. Comments were made to that effect around the Brisbane game late last season.

Hard to know what to do with the rucks - is Minson fit, does Huddo need a break, can Roughead do the job required for enough of the game to give one of them a rest. And then there is trying to find a spot for Everitt, could be a good mobile 2nd ruck to add some run.

I'll assume no changes there, and go with:

Out: Hall, Johnson, Stack
In: Jones, Everitt, Aker

Moles or Eagleton will probably get the nod ahead of Everitt, but that's what I would do

Beginning of a new ERA I reckon, Liam Jones will be a superstar

AndrewP6
15-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Just looked at the WB site, and in the injury updates, Stack is listed as out for 4 weeks. Must've really done that hammy.

LostDoggy
15-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Agreed. Hugely different weather. Begs the question whether or not we should persist with Darwin games - we can't afford to drop this, Port will be re-energised with a new coach and so we need to be very careful resting players. The travel and warmth will take its toll, and may make the crucial Freo game very difficult. You would hate to think that selling a home game was the difference between making the top 4 and not.

The other way to look at it though, is that it might do them good to play in some warmer weather. Comments were made to that effect around the Brisbane game late last season.

Hard to know what to do with the rucks - is Minson fit, does Huddo need a break, can Roughead do the job required for enough of the game to give one of them a rest. And then there is trying to find a spot for Everitt, could be a good mobile 2nd ruck to add some run.

I'll assume no changes there, and go with:

Out: Hall, Johnson, Stack
Moles or Eagleton will probably get the nod ahead of Everitt, but that's what I would do

Beginning of a new ERA I reckon, Liam Jones will be a superstar

Can only speak from experience but they love us up there and would be a shame to have all the hard work of pushing our brand into the region go to waste. I know playing in Melbourne would be much better for our flag chances but it's great seeing all the Indigenous kids running around in our colours. It's much better than selling a game to Canberra.

I cant wait to see Liam Jones myself and really hope he gets a shot.
Would like us to leave Roughead home and get ready for Sandilands if will does'nt come up next week and bring Everitt back in. Aker in for Stack hese in our best 22 and should play. If johnno does'nt come up then bring the Eagle in.

Out: Hall, Roughead, Stack

Scorlibo
15-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Exactly why we have to be careful
Re thread, agree - rest who we have to, but respect Port.

Logic
1. Firstly, re the coll game, Port made tactical errors. .

If they had kicked long,would have used the wind.
Bad tactics + bad skills. But these can reappear as happened w us. .

Also, Coll have D Swan...

Read below. source (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729328&page=2)

]"From all reports Carr was leap-frogged into the team because he pleaded to play in Choco's farewell game, not because he was about to retire. Added nothing, and just too slow now - Harding would have given us more. And Motlop ... well he occupied a guernsey again."

They may have dead wood gone by rnd 16 + new brains in the box + surely fire in the guts being proud club.

To sum up, stick with selects> rest who we have to> can't treat it as an easy game.
Almost stung us re NAB. Proud club looking to rebound. As for us, each game critical. We need 4 pts badly.

Weather forcast here: (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nt/darwin-daly/darwin)

The other point is that if there really was a 5-6 goal wind in the Port vs Collingwood game, then that means that Port broke even with Collingwood in the 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters and were only beaten in the 3rd.

ReLoad
15-07-2010, 02:33 PM
To me this one is a bit of a no brainer:

In:
Out: Hudson (needs a rest, as he has the man mountain next week), Hall (injured), Johnson (with his dodgy ankle, no way), Stack (injured)

In: Minson, Jones(thoroughly deserves a shot), Eagleton (not happy about it, but he will play) and Everitt.

Dont be mistaken, the Port guys have set themselves for this game, they have been doing the heat/humidity treatments, and have spoken at length about how poor they have been up there and how they want to turn it around.

the new coach factor also should not be ignored, it results in a win more often than not.

The Coon Dog
15-07-2010, 02:37 PM
To me this one is a bit of a no brainer:

In:
Out: Hudson (needs a rest, as he has the man mountain next week), Hall (injured), Johnson (with his dodgy ankle, no way), Stack (injured)

In: Minson, Jones(thoroughly deserves a shot), Eagleton (not happy about it, but he will play) and Everitt.

Dont be mistaken, the Port guys have set themselves for this game, they have been doing the heat/humidity treatments, and have spoken at length about how poor they have been up there and how they want to turn it around.

the new coach factor also should not be ignored, it results in a win more often than not.

Minson is still injured, may not even come up next week so I think they'll stick with Huddo.

Jones; probably the wrong place to play him, given the humidity up there.

Johnno seems to have come up OK.

I understand they are already enroute with a squad of 23 (not sure who they are).

Greystache
15-07-2010, 04:28 PM
In and Outs this week are-

In- Eagleton, Moles

Out- Stack, Hall

Everitt flew with the team but will only play if Johnson doesn't which he's 99% likely to. Hall definitely right to play next week.

comrade
15-07-2010, 04:29 PM

In- Eagleton, Moles

Out- Stack, Hall

Everitt flew with the team but will only play in Johnson doesn't which he's 99% likely to. Hall definitely right to play next week.

More run, I like it. Eagleton should thrive against the softest collective of AFL players in the league.

LostDoggy
15-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Moles will be useful in the greasy conditions when the ball will be on the ground and some hardness at it is required.

Ozza
15-07-2010, 04:52 PM
More run, I like it. Eagleton should thrive against the softest collective of AFL players in the league.

yes, lock Eagle in for 20+ possies and 2 goals this week. Absolute mortal lock to cash in.

On a 'horses for courses' scale - the changes make sense. I'd liked to have seen Everitt play though.

The Coon Dog
15-07-2010, 04:58 PM
yes, lock Eagle in for 20+ possies and 2 goals this week. Absolute mortal lock to cash in.

On a 'horses for courses' scale - the changes make sense. I'd liked to have seen Everitt play though.

I think given the conditions I'd prefer a ruck combo of Huddo/Everitt. Huddo to go toe to toe with Brogan & Everitt to relieve him. Everitt's role on the ground whilst not rucking would allow some of the mids to have a spell in the cool room.

Desipura
15-07-2010, 05:01 PM
I think given the conditions I'd prefer a ruck combo of Huddo/Everitt. Huddo to go toe to toe with Brogan & Everitt to relieve him. Everitt's role on the ground whilst not rucking would allow some of the mids to have a spell in the cool room.
If Minson is not right for next week, I think it is a good idea for Roughead to have games under his belt. I will have to wait a little longer to see LJ play.:(

Greystache
15-07-2010, 05:08 PM
If Minson is not right for next week, I think it is a good idea for Roughead to have games under his belt. I will have to wait a little longer to see LJ play.:(

Yeah dissapointing the conditions just aren't right for him, otherwise I think we would've seen him. Hopefully we can have reasonable conditions at Willy this week for him to have another big game.

Mantis
15-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah dissapointing the conditions just aren't right for him, otherwise I think we would've seen him. Hopefully we can have reasonable conditions at Willy this week for him to have another big game.

Yep, coming straight out of school footy Jones just isn't aerobically fit enough to play in the type of conditions he would have faced in Darwin.

Greystache
15-07-2010, 05:22 PM
It'll be good if he can get a taste this year, especially as it'll give him an idea how hard he'll need to train in the preseason. I don't expect much out of him this year if he does get a game, probably 8 disposals (5 kicks 3 handballs roughly) about 3-4 marks and maybe a goal, but I reckon he could take at least one of his big contested marks that will give everyone a hint of what might be to come.

chef
15-07-2010, 05:25 PM

In- Eagleton, Moles

Out- Stack, Hall
Everitt flew with the team but will only play if Johnson doesn't which he's 99% likely to. Hall definitely right to play next week.

Happy with that as the extra runners are going to be needed. Hopefully Lake can be used forward for most of the game.

Mofra
15-07-2010, 05:32 PM
With a short turnaround, I would prefer Huddo got more of a rest than normal so he can really set himself for a task against Sandilands.
Roughy to get more gametime in teh ruck than last week, Huddo to rest on the bench.

Desipura
15-07-2010, 08:39 PM

In- Eagleton, Moles

Out- Stack, Hall

Where did you get this info from? Is it still the case?