PDA

View Full Version : Robert Murphy on On The Couch

The Coon Dog
12-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Robert Murphy will be a guest on On The Couch on Monday night at 8.30pm on Fox Sports.

angelopetraglia
12-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Sensational. Looking forward to hearing from Bob, should be entertaining hopefully.

LostDoggy
12-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Excellent - will definately tune in tonight. Thanks Coon Dog!! :)

chef
12-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Johnno's on AFL insider at 7.30(payTV) on Tuesday too.

LostDoggy
12-07-2010, 04:33 PM

I thought the first episode of Insider was great but AFL 360 a big let down.

LostDoggy
12-07-2010, 04:34 PM

Will tune in to that one too - thanks Chef!! :)

LostDoggy
12-07-2010, 09:44 PM
DID I just hear James Hird compliment our performance yesterday?

Rare.

The Pie Man
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
How impressive is Bob?

Not sure what his plans are post footy given his journalistic venture, but he sounded every bit an assistant coach within 12-24 months of retirement....whenever that will be

divvydan
12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
How impressive is Bob?

Not sure what his plans are post footy given his journalistic venture, but he sounded every bit an assistant coach within 12-24 months of retirement....whenever that will be

From memory he mentioned in an article some time ago that scouting and youth development was an area that really fascinated him and would be something he'd consider doing post playing career.

bornadog
13-07-2010, 01:18 AM
DID I just hear James Hird compliment our performance yesterday?

Rare.

To my surprise he has been very complimentary this year and really thinks we are a genuine chance.

chef
13-07-2010, 08:37 AM
How impressive is Bob?

He is awesome. Our next captain for me.

Curly5
13-07-2010, 09:49 AM
How amazing was it to hear he only had 4 possessions on Sunday - did I hear right?

He is a genuinely top bloke and the panel were very warm towards him.

chef
13-07-2010, 09:54 AM
How amazing was it to hear he only had 4 possessions on Sunday - did I hear right?

He had 16 possies for the night.

I think they were talking about early in the second when the commentators were saying he was having a huge influence on the match and then they looked at the stats and realised he had only had the ball four times. I think the point was that he leaves an impression with every possession:D.

Desipura
13-07-2010, 09:56 AM

He had 2 possesions in one passage pf brilliant play on the wing when he shimmied around Walker, delivered a pass to a teammate, who handballed back to Murph, Goal!

Greystache
13-07-2010, 10:06 AM

I didn't look at the stats after the game (which I don't usually) but I was surprised to see he only finished with 16. It goes to show that 16 useful possessions can have just as much impact as 25 of the Ablett Jrn style 1-2 handballs out the back.

Mantis
13-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I didn't look at the stats after the game (which I don't usually) but I was surprised to see he only finished with 16. It goes to show that 16 useful possessions can have just as much impact as 25 of the Ablett Jrn style 1-2 handballs out the back.

Agree with that.

In the 2008 QF when we got pummeled by Hawthorn Daniel Cross & Luke Hodge both played the spare man in defence role.

Luke Hodge had 16 posessions and along with 'Buddy' was the most influential player on the ground. Crossy had 39 touches and we got slogged.

Quality>>>>>>>>Quantity.

Curly5
13-07-2010, 10:31 AM

I think they were talking about early in the second when the commentators were saying he was having a huge influence on the match and then they looked at the stats and realised he had only had the ball four times. I think the point was that he leaves an impression with every possession:D.

That's a relief, I must have lost the plot. :D

LostDoggy
13-07-2010, 10:56 AM
I thought Bob was great - he speaks honestly & is funny too, love his dry sense of humour.

Also as a side note, I thought it was quite funny when they had the audio of Wayne Brittain with 'Wayne Brittain - Former Brisbane Lions Ass Coach' written underneath his photo. Now I am one for saying 'arse' not 'ass' but it still made me giggle. :D

Axe Man
13-07-2010, 12:24 PM
It was funny to hear Bob say that the Etihad surface was better than Warragul's Western Park, which was built on a tip. That's my home ground and it is actually holding up fairly well at the moment apart from the centre turf wicket area which is always a mud pit.