PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers, Guns & Money - Rd 15 vs Carlton

Ozza
12-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I hope I'm not stealing GVGjr's thunder - but I'm missing the spoilers, guns & money thread this week (which I always enjoy reading) - so I thought I throw it out there;

Give us your thoughts on last nights game against the Blues:

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

Dazza
12-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Spoiler : Although he had a good game I was getting frustrated with Hargrave for repeatedly bombing the ball long aimlessly. He needs to iron that out of his game. I can understand if it's a clearing kick when no other options available but it seems like he has time to think it through yet bombs it anyway.

Guns: Cross - Purely for courage. Throws himself at anything. Griffen - Had a good night and provided alot of run through the middle. Love it when we play this way. Lake - Just a wall in defence. Couldn't get it past him.

Money - Murphys bit of play on the wing where he turned a guy inside out right on the boundary and handballed to a player then recieved it back. Ran to the 50 and kicked for goal ignoring a few half chance leads in the process. Pure class.

LostDoggy
12-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Enjoy this thread.

Spoiler: Stack. Aware that he didn't have much game time but that one opportunity he had he wasted with lack of interest/intensity/bodywork, made plenty doubt whether he should be there ahead of other Williamstown players (eg. everitt, moles, eagles)

Guns: Griffin - Electic in that first half, his run and carry and kicking was all class. Lake - Fills the gaps much better than that stuff you buy in the shops. Bazza - Where are all those opposition doubters now? Besides Richmond - How many goals has your FF kicked? Boydy - Hurt Carlton much more than Judd hurt us, great performance.

Money: The play that lead to Griffin's 2nd quarter goal. Best teamwork all year, and one ripping goal.

AndrewP6
12-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Spoiler: probably Stack, before hurt he didn't contribute much.

Guns: Griff, running, attacking and converting opportunities. Lake - Star. Bazza!- Had the kicking boots on, went after tackles.

Money - I'm going to go for Griff's first goal.

LostDoggy
12-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Spoiler: Stack with a capital S.. even when got a tweek couldnt even try to get the ball.. just gave up

Guns. Lake and Morris both could be Team of the Century players at another time

Money Baz... kicks goals doesnt waste it

Ghost Dog
12-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Spoiler: Stack.
"Oracle: Sorry, kid. You got the gift, but it looks like you're waiting for something."

Guns: Picken:
Drago: [to his own trainer] "He's not human. He's like a piece of iron."

[B]Money: Bazz
Mad Max: "kick it in the guts Barry"

Greystache
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Spoiler-
Stack- got injured and we weren't any worse off, just no intensity.

Guns-
Lake- above average game for him.
Griffen- kicking long goals on the run, something we've really lacked this season.
Morris- completely and utterly dominated Betts.

Money-
Higgins one step goal from 45m near the boundary.

EasternWest
12-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Spoiler-
Stack- got injured and we weren't any worse off, just no intensity.

Guns-
Lake- above average game for him.
Griffin- kicking long goals on the run, something we've really lacked this season.
Morris- completely and utterly dominated Betts.

Money-
Higgins one step goal from 45m near the boundary.

It's Griffen

Ghost Dog
12-07-2010, 10:41 PM
It's Griffen

So funny. Every time somebody does that they should have to donate 20cents to the "Harbrow...don't leave us" fund.

Greystache
12-07-2010, 10:45 PM
It's Griffen

My bad, I hate it when people get it wrong, unfortunately my iPhone auto-corrected Griffen.

EasternWest
12-07-2010, 10:59 PM
My bad, I hate it when people get it wrong, unfortunately my iPhone auto-corrected Griffen.

A likely story...... :p