PDA

View Full Version : Pledge: I wont sook about the Darwin trip

mjp
13-07-2010, 03:13 PM
...before the game, after the game, before the following weeks game, after the following weeks game (regardless of what happens) and I wont use it as an excuse, mention it as a factor or in any other way refer to the conditions in Darwin impacting us in any way.

- The club wants to do it (and is paid to do it).
- We have been doing it for a few years now so should have our preparation sorted.
- We all knew about the fixture since late 2009 so it isn't as if we haven't been informed.

Further, if anyone else offers the heat/travel etc as a factor in any result I will tell them we knew about it and what they are talking about are excuses.

I expect to win the next two games, I don't care that one of them is in Darwin - it is what it is, let's just get on with it.

Mantis
13-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Point of difference this time around is that we usually have the week off after the Darwin game which means recovery in the following days isn't as crucial as it will be this week. But as you mentioned the club and it's conditioning staff have known about this 'date' for some 9 months and I am sure they will be properly prepared.

You may not have seen this on the news over west (or up north), but Easton Wood (and Dylan Addison) was shown training in a heat chamber last week and said all the players had been doing so for a couple of weeks in preparation for our game in Darwin.

Ghost Dog
13-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Ah, interesting point Mantis.
Well, If we have to chip it around in 4Q junk time again to save some legs, I'm not going to complain.

Desipura
13-07-2010, 03:58 PM
You may not have seen this on the news over west (or up north), but Easton Wood (and Dylan Addison) was shown training in a heat chamber last week and said all the players had been doing so for a couple of weeks in preparation for our game in Darwin.
I hope this does not mean DFA will get a guernsey. I guess if he is an emergency, he too will have to be prepared.

Remi Moses
13-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I've often wondered if we're winning comfortably whether Rocket might have a 6 or 7 on the bench. Got no complaints if we kick the ball around for a bit

GVGjr
13-07-2010, 06:58 PM
...before the game, after the game, before the following weeks game, after the following weeks game (regardless of what happens) and I wont use it as an excuse, mention it as a factor or in any other way refer to the conditions in Darwin impacting us in any way.

- We have been doing it for a few years now so should have our preparation sorted.
- We all knew about the fixture since late 2009 so it isn't as if we haven't been informed.

Further, if anyone else offers the heat/travel etc as a factor in any result I will tell them we knew about it and what they are talking about are excuses.

I expect to win the next two games, I don't care that one of them is in Darwin - it is what it is, let's just get on with it.

Like it. It's part of managing the season and I agree that we can't blame the conditions or short weeks over the next 2 games. We have played up there enough to know what to expect and how to manage the side to the conditions.

bornadog
13-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Like it. It's part of managing the season and I agree that we can't blame the conditions or short weeks over the next 2 games. We have played up there enough to know what to expect and how to manage the side to the conditions.

Exactly right and our opposition has to play under the same conditions.

Topdog
13-07-2010, 09:10 PM
like it mjp.

Jasper
13-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I have to say it get annoying listening to reasons why we can't win. Top of the ladder in both VFL grades and a huge win against the Blues means we are primed for a few weeks of good football. No excuses.

Mantis
13-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Exactly right and our opposition has to play under the same conditions.

I didn't read that Freo are playing in Darwin this week. :D

The Underdog
14-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I didn't read that Freo are playing in Darwin this week. :D

They are playing in Perth though, it's usually warmer there and it's a long flight from there to Melbourne :)

chef
14-07-2010, 05:51 PM
They are playing in Perth though, it's usually warmer there and it's a long flight from there to Melbourne :)

But the humidity is the main problem that we have to deal with.

bornadog
14-07-2010, 08:36 PM

Excuses excuses:D

The Underdog
14-07-2010, 11:02 PM

At least Aker isn't going to Darwin, so he won't have to worry about the humidity problem if he comes back in for the Freo game. Just his onoing humility issue.

The Coon Dog
14-07-2010, 11:03 PM
At least Aker isn't going to Darwin, so he won't have to worry about the humidity problem if he comes back in for the Freo game. Just his onoing humility issue.

Humility as opposed to humidity; I like it! ;)

The Coon Dog
16-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Just reading 'Sports Confidential' in today's Herald Sun. Weather forecaster Dennis Luke says it will be a stinker for the clash between the Western Bulldogs & Port Adelaide, predicting a top of 30C, 60% humidity & no breeze.

Although both teams have played in Darwin several times, Luke said it would be the hottest conditions they've ever encountered.

Greystache
16-07-2010, 10:21 AM
That sounds awful for footy TCD, although perfect conditions for an orchestrated streak.

Do we think we'll see one again this year?

GVGjr
21-07-2010, 07:29 PM

Can we add that we shouldn't use the Akermanis sacking as an excuse as well?
Morris vs Pavlich, Sandilands vs Hudson and the balance of the week will be focused on Aker, Aker, Aker.