PDA

View Full Version : Dogs sketchy on Lake's absence

Hotdog60
15-07-2010, 09:53 PM
http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images/AFL/AFL%20U-Z/Lake_Rd1410_246a.jpg

MYSTERY surrounds the fitness of Western Bulldogs full-back Brian Lake, with the All-Australian absent from Thursday night's training session at TIO Stadium.

Though Lake missed the Dogs' final hit-out before Saturday night's clash with Port Adelaide, he did travel to Darwin with his teammates on Thursday morning.

Coach Rodney Eade was coy when quizzed about Lake and said the 28-year-old was suffering from an "upset stomach".

Another club official later claimed the defender was laid up with a cold.

Regardless, Lake - one of the Dogs' most important players this year with his ability to swing from defence to attack - is expected to play against the Power.

MORE (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/98309/default.aspx)

Throughandthrough
15-07-2010, 09:55 PM
oh the drama

mighty_west
15-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Recieved a message from minson27, who is over in Darwin, and watched their training session, that Brian was sick on the plane, and was in bed whilst the team trained.

comrade
15-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Toughen up Brian :D

AndrewP6
15-07-2010, 10:13 PM
The club don't like the way Aker works the media, and then they can't even agree on the reasons behind Bwian's malaise? One says "upset stomach", one says "a cold"...

Ghost Dog
15-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Probably had too many whoppers. Get out of bed Brian...please!

azabob
15-07-2010, 10:45 PM
The club don't like the way Aker works the media, and then they can't even agree on the reasons behind Bwian's malaise? One says "upset stomach", one says "a cold"...

Andrew I think you need to accept that Aka lied to the club and has since walked a fine line since.

AndrewP6
15-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Andrew I think you need to accept that Aka lied to the club and has since walked a fine line since.

I do accept that Aker wasn't upfront. Who's going to own up to lying about Bwian? I'd put money on him not having a cold and upset stomach. Someone's telling porkies...

Ghost Dog
15-07-2010, 10:52 PM
It is possible to have crook guts and a cold.:)

AndrewP6
15-07-2010, 10:53 PM

Possible, yes, but I'd put money on it not being accurate...

azabob
15-07-2010, 11:01 PM
I do accept that Aker wasn't upfront. Who's going to own up to lying about Bwian? I'd put money on him not having a cold and upset stomach. Someone's telling porkies...

Fast forward 12 months I will be interested to read your opinion on Aka. Oh and IMO there is a difference between lying and being upfront.

Ghost Dog
15-07-2010, 11:21 PM
If the club is resting Brian, it's not a bad idea. A list should be able to lose a key player from the back, midfield and forward line and still be a fighting force. Good chance to spread the load a bit.
But hell, I hope we don't get to complacent in an away game.

AndrewP6
15-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Fast forward 12 months I will be interested to read your opinion on Aka. Oh and IMO there is a difference between lying and being upfront.

Fair enough, he lied. As are the club re: Bwian. And Johnno's early season flu-related achilles injury. Although at least it appeared the achilles bit was true.

G-Mo77
15-07-2010, 11:42 PM

There is a big difference with being coy about injuries to keep other clubs guessing and lying to the club and making the whole organisation from top to bottom look like complete fools. The fact that you even think it is similar is quite sad.

Flamethrower
15-07-2010, 11:46 PM

Classic symptoms of an Enterovirus. Usually only takes 24 hours to pass through the system in a healthy adult.

AndrewP6
16-07-2010, 12:05 AM
There is a big difference with being coy about injuries to keep other clubs guessing and lying to the club and making the whole organisation from top to bottom look like complete fools. The fact that you even think it is similar is quite sad.

Ouch.... say what you really mean! :eek:

Ghost Dog
16-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Classic symptoms of an Enterovirus. Usually only takes 24 hours to pass through the system in a healthy adult.

Is there a doctor in the house? ;)

ledge
16-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Cold or upset tummy, not such a big thing for someone at the club to think its one or the other is it?
As long as its not his hip or an injury.

Topdog
16-07-2010, 06:12 PM

I actually can't believe I saw them being likened to each other.

ledge
16-07-2010, 06:37 PM
According to the Bulldogs facebook Lake and Coons are about to go in a cage to see crocs so he must be okay.

LostDoggy
16-07-2010, 09:26 PM
It can't be too serious anyway, as they wouldn't have only brought 1 emergency with them. But would be funny if 2 players did pull up short tomorrow night.

AndrewP6
16-07-2010, 10:39 PM
I actually can't believe I saw them being likened to each other.

It was just an opinion...nothing more, nothing less. I don't like lies, 'coy' or otherwise.

bornadog
16-07-2010, 10:41 PM
According to the Bulldogs facebook Lake and Coons are about to go in a cage to see crocs so he must be okay.

I hope Lake doesn't take on the Crocs, he isnot that good:D

GVGjr
16-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I work with a relative of Lakes and she mentioned today that he will be playing

AndrewP6
16-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I work with a relative of Lakes and she mentioned today that he will be playing

Good to hear!

LostDoggy
17-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Pictures on Facebook of him with reptiles, he is fine!

LostDoggy
17-07-2010, 09:42 AM
I went to watch the boys train after work on Thursday and he wasn't there and then last night I went to the NT Govt function at Parliament House and he wasn't there either. Sounds like he'll be ok to go if he went in the cage of death! Very popular attraction up here.

The Underdog
17-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Pictures on Facebook of him with reptiles, he is fine!

Apparently he marked 8 chickens floating across the front of the pack of crocodiles.
5 were contested chickens.

Twodogs
17-07-2010, 12:37 PM
It was just an opinion...nothing more, nothing less. I don't like lies, 'coy' or otherwise.

The club would be remiss if they didnt tell porkies about player's injuries. What's the point of letting the opposition know your weaknesses?

Bulldog4life
17-07-2010, 02:17 PM
The club would be remiss if they didnt tell porkies about player's injuries. What's the point of letting the opposition know your weaknesses?

Exactly. Every Club has been doing it for yonks.

lemmon
17-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I would hardly call a mix up between a cold and an upset stomach a lie or a big deal. Hardly an issue, not really sure why its being discussed

mighty_west
17-07-2010, 03:38 PM

Exactly, Sheedy's Bombers seemed to get the flu a hell of alot....:D