PDA

View Full Version : Do we have the Goalkicking Power to defeat Port?

becmatty
16-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Danger, Danger! Do we have enough firepower infront of goal against Port?

We will need a wide spread of goalkickers this week and it will be a real tester for us.

With Hall (current leading goalkicker) out and our 2009 leading goalkickers - 1st in 2009 Aker (playing for willy), 3rd in 2009 Hill (playing for Willy), [B]4th Hahn (injured), 5th Minson (injured) and Welsh (retired), this will be the a massive test for the team to prove whether or not we have the ammunition in their absence...

Only Johnno (2nd in 2009) has a proven sustained track record for goal kicking. With his current fitness cloud however, we must expect big contributions from Higgins, Gia, Murphy and Grant, with our midfielders all getting some scoreboard action - Griff, Gilbee, Cooney, Eagleton, Ward...

Would love Brian 'Brownlow' Lake to sneak forward and cause some carnage too!...

Mantis
16-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Do Port have the goal-kicking power to worry us?

Our defence is ranked the 2nd best defence in the competition (using points agaisnt as the determining factor) and Port's attack doesn't exactly look potent.

If our mids can win their share of the ball and our defence hold firm and then rebound strongly I am sure our forwards will have ample opportunity to have an effect.

Desipura
16-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Do we need to create a new post for this? Under the games thread would be just fine.

Mofra
16-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Do Port have the goal-kicking power to worry us?

Our defence is ranked the 2nd best defence in the competition (using points agaisnt as the determining factor) and Port's attack doesn't exactly look potent.
Bingo. Their scores over the past 5 rounds have been abysmal, they simply don't look like they can get the job done even if our forwardline has an off night.

LostDoggy
16-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Yes.

LostDoggy
16-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes.

Well put :)

LostDoggy
16-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Well put :)

Thanks.

I hope I am right... find out in 25 hours... If Lake plays then he is an option, Murphy can go up there too, Higgins will spend some good time in the forward line. Hopefully Gilbee and the midfield brigade can bag a few as well between them.. Cooney, Griff, Picken and Ward.

LostDoggy
16-07-2010, 08:36 PM
We still won games previous to Bazza being up forward,

There is enough talented players who can kick goals in the dogs side.

The game will be closer than people think............Go dogs!

LostDoggy
16-07-2010, 09:22 PM
10 goal kickers with minimum 2 goal each :D

AndrewP6
16-07-2010, 09:45 PM
We certainly have the talent, and got the job done vs Port prior to Bazza's arrival at the Kennel...but on current (as in, 2010) form, we'll need a big lift across the board. Danger, danger indeed.

bornadog
16-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Everitt to kick 5;)

GVGjr
16-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Danger, Danger! Do we have enough firepower infront of goal against Port?

We will need a wide spread of goalkickers this week and it will be a real tester for us.

With Hall (current leading goalkicker) out and our 2009 leading goalkickers - 1st in 2009 Aker (playing for willy), 3rd in 2009 Hill (playing for Willy), [B]4th Hahn (injured), 5th Minson (injured) and Welsh (retired), this will be the a massive test for the team to prove whether or not we have the ammunition in their absence...

Only Johnno (2nd in 2009) has a proven sustained track record for goal kicking. With his current fitness cloud however, we must expect big contributions from Higgins, Gia, Murphy and Grant, with our midfielders all getting some scoreboard action - Griff, Gilbee, Cooney, Eagleton, Ward...

Would love Brian 'Brownlow' Lake to sneak forward and cause some carnage too!...

Whilst it's probably not going to be a great game I think the spread of goal kickers we have will be sufficient to get the marbles. Don't mind the idea of playing Lake up forward for a period of time.

camdog
16-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Goals coming from Johnno, Higgo, Griff, Eagleton, Gia, Murphy, Coons and I reckon Grant, Everitt might surprize a few!!
Lake may venture forward as well... then who knows!!

chef
17-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Goals coming from Johnno, Higgo, Griff, Eagleton, Gia, Murphy, Coons and I reckon Grant, Everitt might surprize a few!!
Lake may venture forward as well... then who knows!!

Yeah, we have plenty of goal kickers in our side.

Topdog
17-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Western Bulldogs: Hall 6, Griffen 2, Boyd 2, Murphy 2, Higgins 2, Picken, Johnson, Grant, Giansiracusa, Roughead, Cross

20-6 = 14. Yeah I think we will be ok.

LostDoggy
17-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I am hoping we give Grant a go at FF and actually kick it to him when he is free, noticed in the past few games he has had no one on him and has been ignored a couple of times.

LostDoggy
17-07-2010, 07:38 PM
I am hoping we give Grant a go at FF and actually kick it to him when he is free, noticed in the past few games he has had no one on him and has been ignored a couple of times.

Yep with Barry not playing it may well bring everyone else back into the game. I am looking forward to seeing how we go without him, it's been a while.....

LostDoggy
18-07-2010, 08:27 PM
In answer to the original question: "Yes we can!"