PDA

View Full Version : Geelong tonight.

Remi Moses
17-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Just watching tonight there were a few signs that the cats might be tipping towards the edge of the cliff! Gary Ablett's body language was awful,maybe I'm going early but just a few signs tonight.

Adelaide were outstanding tonight and we're in for one hell of a contest in a few weeks:eek:

lemmon
17-07-2010, 02:51 AM
There were little cracks starting to appear, unfortunately Geelongs such a strong group it may only galvanize them even further

chef
17-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Kicking 2 goals 6 in the last quarter didn't help either. We are as good of a chance as any to win this years flag:).

Go_Dogs
17-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Crows were very, very good last night. Intensity and work rate incredibly high, haven't seen Geelong under that much sustained pressure, or panic that badly for a long time. They were pushed wide, and really struggled to move the ball forward through the Crows zone.

What has gone from an easy game against the Crows a month ago, is now looking like a HUGE challenge.

LostDoggy
17-07-2010, 09:10 AM
What has gone from an easy game against the Crows a month ago, is now looking like a HUGE challenge.

Thought the same thing after seeing the score. They are pushing hard for the finals, they are one game out of the 8 although 9% aswell, it may hurt their chances of getting the spot.

Flamethrower
17-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Geelong were clearly off their game tonight, so I don't think too much can be read into it. Having your club doctor collapse with a heart attack right in front of the playing group 20 minutes before the 1st bounce might have something to do with it. I wonder if the game would have been postponed if he didn't survive.

Twodogs
17-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Geelong were clearly off their game tonight, so I don't think too much can be read into it. Having your club doctor collapse with a heart attack right in front of the playing group 20 minutes before the 1st bounce might have something to do with it. I wonder if the game would have been postponed if he didn't survive.

I was at the soccer last night so I only got to see the last quarter but I'd picked Adelaide to win. Geelong look to me like a team entering crisis mode. Players are glaring and pointing at each other out on the field, GAJ spends most of his time wandering around looking about as happy as your average emo, Thompson almost looks and acts like he doesnt want to be there and the team doesnt seem to want to have many options if their opposition clog up the middle of the ground. I havent seen them play that run, kick, mark and carry game that was so successful for them since early in the year.

mighty_west
17-07-2010, 02:36 PM
I was at the soccer last night so I only got to see the last quarter but I'd picked Adelaide to win. Geelong look to me like a team entering crisis mode. Players are glaring and pointing at each other out on the field, GAJ spends most of his time wandering around looking about as happy as your average emo, Thompson almost looks and acts like he doesnt want to be there and the team doesnt seem to want to have many options if their opposition clog up the middle of the ground. I havent seen them play that run, kick, mark and carry game that was so successful for them since early in the year.

Gazza just doesn't seem happy at the moment, does he.

His last month or so has been way below par for his standards, the circus covering his latest move, will he, wont he, has to be taking its toll, and lets hope it continues to stress himself out, because it has to get to the team eventually.

That said, i agree with Flamethrower, according to the radio commentators at the time, things looked extremely bad for sometime, and the players were right there when it happened in the middle of their warm up, apparently the players were shaken up quite alot, as expected off course.

Plus, Adelaide were on from the start, they haven't played like that all season, the crowd was right into it from the opening bounce, it seemed like a full house, things just clicked for the Crows, and they played as well as they did last year.

Mofra
19-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Gazza just doesn't seem happy at the moment, does he.
He does look like he is playing under some duress, just doesn't seem to be moving as well as he has.

It did seem like Geelong underestimated the Crows and as good as they were, I doubt the same complacency will effect the Geelong group in September.

The Pie Man
19-07-2010, 01:57 PM
He does look like he is playing under some duress, just doesn't seem to be moving as well as he has.

It did seem like Geelong underestimated the Crows and as good as they were, I doubt the same complacency will effect the Geelong group in September.

I hope they're in crisis, but I remember the difference b/w round 21 and QF day last year all too well.

Ghost Dog
19-07-2010, 06:09 PM
GAJ spends most of his time wandering around looking about as happy as your average emo, :D

My, that's pretty sulky!

Throughandthrough
19-07-2010, 08:12 PM
I was at the game, at yes the Crows did play bloody well. But the Doctor collapsing during the warm up could not have helped at all. I believe he died and was recusitated twice, the players were moved away and warmed up elsewhere. They put up a white sheet around him, and the Ambulance came on the Oval, so fairly unmotivating all round.

The game started not long after he was taken away, so his life was still in the balance at that stage.

The clubs second doctor went with him in the AMbulance, and I believe his wife drove over from Geelong as she couldnt get a late flight.

Thankfully it sounds like he'll be fine. I guess if you are gonna have a heart attack thats a good as spot as any...