PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Food

mjp
21-07-2010, 06:18 PM
I am tired of Aker...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/07/14/all-you-can-eat-ballparks/index.html?eref=sihp

In typical style they have taken things too far, but there are some very good points on the second page...adding value to tickets increases attendance.

A 'hungry' pack that gave you a pie and a coke at the Dome for every home game would be a great initiative...or, given we are the Dogs a specially designed hot-dog would be awesome! Yes, I know caterers run the stands but deals can always be done!

LostDoggy
21-07-2010, 06:36 PM
I am tired of Aker...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/07/14/all-you-can-eat-ballparks/index.html?eref=sihp

In typical style they have taken things too far, but there are some very good points on the second page...adding value to tickets increases attendance.

A 'hungry' pack that gave you a pie and a coke at the Dome for every home game would be a great initiative...or, given we are the Dogs a specially designed hot-dog would be awesome! Yes, I know caterers run the stands but deals can always be done!

All you can eat Bull's Testicles eh?

That ought to get em to the footy

Only in America

LostDoggy
21-07-2010, 11:00 PM
All you can eat Bull's Testicles eh?

That ought to get em to the footy

Only in America

You sure about that? What do you think Spanish folk eat after the bullfights? And what if the bull wins?!

Mofra
22-07-2010, 04:10 PM
And what if the bull wins?!
They get a side of fries with it :D

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 04:21 PM
I am tired of Aker...

This is so funny -- was just having a chat about the Jamie Oliver show in the states, and it's hilarous how people there seem so outraged that they be expected to eat lettuce, or when they are told that Coke isn't actually a food group (I know that they edit the craziest bits in). They'll eat themselves out of existence long before any terrorist group can get a foothold there. (Don't laugh, it happened to the Romans...)

On your point, mjp, no doubt anything that adds value to the membership dollar would be a great initiative, and something as simple as your suggestion would be fantastic as we already spend good dollars at the games on food anyway, the club might as well get bulk discounts from the caterers and build the reduced price into the membership cost to be marketed as a 'free' pack.

Chicago1
22-07-2010, 04:54 PM
The Pittsburgh Pirates' PNC Park has an area like that mentioned. I flew there last year just to see the Chicago Cubs play. (They lost. - So what else is new?) I paid $35 for a seat seven rows behind the Cubs dugout. The equivalent seat at Wrigley Field is $55-$100 depending on which tier game it is. The "All-You-Can-Eat" ticket at PNC Park is $35-$40, but the seats are fairly far away. I opted to get the better seat, since it was a once only opportunity. I had a local beer(a rarity for me) and a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich which had french fries IN it. Total cost about $17. The sandwich was the most disgusting stadium food I've ever eaten. Luckily Wrigley allows patrons to bring their own food into the ground. I usually buy an Italian roll from my favorite sandwich place(Potbelly) and get a Cherry Coke Slurpee from the 7/11 right across from Wrigley. Total cost is about $8. I also sit in the cheap seats, unless a WOOF member pays. :p Thanks ReLoad!

I did have a soft drink, a vegetable roll(It was Good Friday.) and chips at Docklands when I saw the Storm play. I think the total coast was something like $16. I only bought hot chips at the footy for the 25 years I lived in Melbourne, Well, maybe an odd pie or two and sometimes hot donuts. The other food and my drink, I'd bring along from home.

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 05:22 PM
I usually buy an Italian roll from my favorite sandwich place(Potbelly) and get a Cherry Coke Slurpee from the 7/11 right across from Wrigley. .

I think they might have been the start of the Roman's downfall.

Chicago1
22-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I think they might have been the start of the Roman's downfall.

Hey, I ain't got much in life, but at least I have my Cherry Coke Slurpee!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/slurpee.jpg

However, I ALWAYS get a Cubbie Blue straw.

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 05:30 PM
]The Pittsburgh Pirates' PNC Park has an area like that mentioned. I flew there last year just to see the Chicago Cubs play.[/B] (They lost. - So what else is new?) I paid $35 for a seat seven rows behind the Cubs dugout. The equivalent seat at Wrigley Field is $55-$100 depending on which tier game it is. The "All-You-Can-Eat" ticket at PNC Park is $35-$40, but the seats are fairly far away. I opted to get the better seat, since it was a once only opportunity. I had a local beer(a rarity for me) and a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich which had french fries IN it. Total cost about $17. The sandwich was the most disgusting stadium food I've ever eaten. Luckily Wrigley allows patrons to bring their own food into the ground. I usually buy an Italian roll from my favorite sandwich place(Potbelly) and get a Cherry Coke Slurpee from the 7/11 right across from Wrigley. Total cost is about $8. I also sit in the cheap seats, unless a WOOF member pays. :p Thanks ReLoad!

I did have a soft drink, a vegetable roll(It was Good Friday.) and chips at Docklands when I saw the Storm play. I think the total coast was something like $16. I only bought hot chips at the footy for the 25 years I lived in Melbourne, Well, maybe an odd pie or two and sometimes hot donuts. The other food and my drink, I'd bring along from home.

Envious,I am. I've been a Pirates fan for many years. Actually, I am Pittsburgh fan across a few sports. Pirates, Steelers, Penguins.

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I can't wait to go to the US later this year - all that food, so little time!!

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 08:37 PM

And only one heart to attack! ;)

Super 27
25-07-2010, 08:59 PM
nothing like a Hot Dog in NYC....and also at Kauffman Stadium - Home of the mighty Kansas City Royals

LostDoggy
27-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Went to see Detroit Tigers V Baltimore Orioles in 2005. Our tickets included a hot dog & a coke. $17 I think. It was also 'Cap Day' so all of us who were over 21 got a free Tigers cap. (there is Budweiser or Miller beer advertising on the back so none were given to kids).

Then saw Pittsburgh Pirates V Texas Rangers in 2007. (We have relatives who live in Pittsburgh DaDruid!!) They were giving out coins with various Pirates players on them. It's a nice touch I think. :)

KT31
27-07-2010, 11:51 PM
My pup's and I had a feed at the Whitten Oval's cafe a week or back and thought it was pretty good.
Bit of a mix up, had just opened and had no table numbers.
Ulyses ( from memory) was running the show and was under the pump.
Couple of the players hada bit of a joke about it.
The Pups thought it was great and the added bonus was the players and staff had a meal while we were there.

LostDoggy
28-07-2010, 09:44 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/slurpee.jpg

WHY do we not have Cherry Coke Slurpees? Cherry Coke is the only coke I really like :(

Jasper
28-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Envious,I am. I've been a Pirates fan for many years. Actually, I am Pittsburgh fan across a few sports. Pirates, Steelers, Penguins.

Druid, you totally need to be an Oakland Raiders fan.

http://vellaslockerroom.com/images/raider_fan.jpg

The defence rests.........

Chicago1
28-07-2010, 11:20 AM
WHY do we not have Cherry Coke Slurpees? Cherry Coke is the only coke I really like :(

Oh noes! When I went to the baseball on Sunday the local 7/11 didn't have cherry to make my cherry Coke slurpee. I tried watermelon/lime and Coke. Yecchhhhhh! The Cubs lost in 11 innings on Sunday. I blame the 7/11 for not having cherry.(Not that I'm superstitious or anything. :p ) You should have seen the two hot dogs I got there - 2 for $2. I added salsa, more onions, mustard, 7/11 chili and liquid cheese. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten, http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/7_11hotdog.jpg

well, maybe not as bad as ... hmmm... the philly cheesesteak and hot chips sandwich I had at the Pittsburgh Pirates park.:D

LostDoggy
28-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh noes! When I went to the baseball on Sunday the local 7/11 didn't have cherry to make my cherry Coke slurpee. I tried watermelon/lime and Coke. Yecchhhhhh! The Cubs lost in 11 innings on Sunday. I blame the 7/11 for not having cherry.(Not that I'm superstitious or anything. :p ) You should have seen the two hot dogs I got there - 2 for $2. I added salsa, more onions, mustard, 7/11 chili and liquid cheese. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten, http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/7_11hotdog.jpg

well, maybe not as bad as ... hmmm... the philly cheesesteak and hot chips sandwich I had at the Pittsburgh Pirates park.:D

Wow. That looks incredibly unappealing.

Yah Australia hasn't sold Cherry Coke since 2003, but a couple of weeks ago, I discovered my university imports and sells it. (Good one Deakin, finally good for something!). A pretty exciting day in Uni life, haha.

KT31
28-07-2010, 01:22 PM

You think so , I think it tastes like marzipan icing.

Murphy'sLore
28-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Some of us like marzipan icing!:)

mighty_west
28-07-2010, 02:20 PM

That is sooooooo MinsonWill...:D

Chicago1
28-07-2010, 02:57 PM

Are you stopping by Chicago? Let me know so I can add you to the list of BF/WOOF members I have met while visiting our fair city. Of course Wrigley Field will be closed, but that hasn't stopped me from going there in the dead of winter with a former student who arrived after Christmas!

Wrigley Field on January 4, 2009, four days after the Chicago Blackhawks played the Detroit Redwings in The Winter Classic:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/wrigleyskate07.jpg

Sockeye Salmon
28-07-2010, 03:28 PM
You think so , I think it tastes like marzipan icing.

You've been posting a lot more since the Lioness has been in Bali :D