PDA

View Full Version : No More Aker Talk.

mjp
21-07-2010, 06:37 PM
He is gone. Let's just let it go...whether the club has done the right thing or the wrong thing doesn't matter now.

We have a game to play...and it is for a top 4 spot. We have finals to play and a flag to win. Let's focus on those who are still around 'cos they are the ones who will help us.

BulldogBelle
21-07-2010, 06:53 PM
All this is part of a blessing from the football gods.

If he hadn't of been sacked our dumb-ass selection committee would have picked him and we certainly couldn't win a premiership with so many oldies in the side.

Other blessings are the injury to Stack (cruel I know, but the gods had to do it for us to counteract the actions of the dumb-ass selection committee). This allowed the inclusion of Everitt, who we will need to get more games into for the Grand Final.

Also, when the stars aligned for Port Adelaide to beat us, the gods stepped in and allowed us to win.

Julia became Prime Minister raising the club's prestige and profile and this will ensure our financial success. Club sponsors will now be able to be on first names basis with the PM. This is worth big bucks.

Cross has recently changed his game to become a more attacking player. Despite his courage and ball nous I was sure we couldn't win a GF with a midfielder who couldn't run.

Matty Boyd and Brian Lake will ensure we win the GF.

Things are just panning out nicely and we are going to win despite ourselves.

GET ON THE DOGGIES!!!! The gods are with us.

bornadog
21-07-2010, 09:09 PM

If he hadn't of been sacked our dumb-ass selection committee would have picked him and we certainly couldn't win a premiership with so many oldies in the side.

Other blessings are the injury to Stack (cruel I know, but the gods had to do it for us to counteract the actions of the dumb-ass selection committee). This allowed the inclusion of Everitt, who we will need to get more games into for the Grand Final.

Also, when the stars aligned for Port Adelaide to beat us, the gods stepped in and allowed us to win.

Julia became Prime Minister raising the club's prestige and profile and this will ensure our financial success. Club sponsors will now be able to be on first names basis with the PM. This is worth big bucks.

Cross has recently changed his game to become a more attacking player. Despite his courage and ball nous I was sure we couldn't win a GF with a midfielder who couldn't run.

Hey Jerry, there is only one dumb ass;) (please keep that sort of ridiculous language to BF)

Bulldog Revolution
21-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Agreed - the die cast, the deal is done

Focus on beating Freo

I think its been obvious this year that we cant overload the side with slightly one dimensional forwards, who dont do enough defensively.

Yes mjp, I inclined to agree with your views on team balance in 2010.

Jasper
21-07-2010, 09:42 PM
He is gone. Let's just let it go...whether the club has done the right thing or the wrong thing doesn't matter now.

We have a game to play...and it is for a top 4 spot. We have finals to play and a flag to win. Let's focus on those who are still around 'cos they are the ones who will help us.

Aker's so called 'mates' are going to milk this and him for all its worth. Sam Newman and Steve Price will go beserk. If you think the Aker issue is going to go away quietly, you are kidding yourself. Quietly has never been the Aker way. Just wait for shit and bile to pour fourth from Aker in the coming days and weeks. And the club will be obligated to hose it down. I hope they have at least got a policy in place such as a designated fireman to answer all Aker crap. Should be Fantasia, all other dogs should only do media on condition of no Aker questions, and if the condition is breached the interview is terminated, the media will get the message. I hope the club has this worked out.

AndrewP6
21-07-2010, 10:57 PM

Confidence is key, but you don't think you're taking the leap of faith a bit too far ? (like I have taken over-used cliches too far!)

AndrewP6
21-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Aker's so called 'mates' are going to milk this and him for all its worth. Sam Newman and Steve Price will go beserk. If you think the Aker issue is going to go away quietly, you are kidding yourself. Quietly has never been the Aker way. Just wait for shit and bile to pour fourth from Aker in the coming days and weeks. And the club will be obligated to hose it down. I hope they have at least got a policy in place such as a designated fireman to answer all Aker crap. Should be Fantasia, all other dogs should only do media on condition of no Aker questions, and if the condition is breached the interview is terminated, the media will get the message. I hope the club has this worked out.

On the first bolded bit, you're spot on. On the 2nd, I fear not. Look at how they 'worked out' the 'gay footballers article' saga.

mjp
22-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Aker's so called 'mates' are going to milk this and him for all its worth. Sam Newman and Steve Price will go beserk. If you think the Aker issue is going to go away quietly, you are kidding yourself.

You dont get it.

I don't care what Newman or whoever says...I have let it go and wont mention it again. Responded to questions from friends about he who shall not be named with a one word answer tonight...'WHO???'.

It is done.

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 12:57 AM

I like it :D all bar the bolded JC

Remi Moses
22-07-2010, 04:41 AM
Sam Newman hasn't had any Relevance for quite a while and Steve Price is an over opinioniated pigmy. Who cares ?

BulldogBelle
22-07-2010, 05:47 AM
All is good!

Whatever happens now, whatever the media may sling, will only serve to solidify the group. It will further strengthen the team.

Most of the media will be behind the club anyway.

Things are on the up and up.

bornadog
22-07-2010, 10:32 AM
I have this gut feeling that we will come out firing on Sunday................. Freo watch out we are on the move.

Ghost Dog
22-07-2010, 11:12 AM
All is good!
Most of the media will be behind the club anyway.

Don't be so sure of this. Sam Newman and others have quite a bit of power. Aker on the footy show tonight.

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Don't be so sure of this. Sam Newman and others have quite a bit of power. Aker on the footy show tonight.

Yes, I heard Aker and Bazza and Johnathon Brown - what a trio that will be if it's true! I might even go against my promise to myself to never watch Newman again and tune in for a bit?

The Underdog
22-07-2010, 11:28 AM

Awesome, another reason not to watch it.

The people Sam Newman and Steve Price have power with aren't worth worrying about.
If you avoid the Footy Show, Herald Sun and SEN until Monday, you could probably ignore the whole thing completely and just watch the 22 that go around on Sunday.
At least that's my plan.

Ghost Dog
22-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Awesome, another reason not to watch it.

The people Sam Newman and Steve Price have power with aren't worth worrying about.
If you avoid the Footy Show, Herald Sun and SEN until Monday, you could probably ignore the whole thing completely and just watch the 22 that go around on Sunday.
At least that's my plan.

Yes, indeed! Good plan. S. Newman. He has admitted that he does not even watch much football these days. Kind of Sad that Aker has fallen in with him.

Bulldog4life
22-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Yes, I heard Aker and Bazza and Johnathon Brown - what a trio that will be if it's true! I might even go against my promise to myself to never watch Newman again and tune in for a bit?

Hey that's been my promise since the start of last year. A total BORE!!!

Jasper
22-07-2010, 11:37 AM

Sam has so much power he got the bloke fired.

The man is an irrelevant old fossil.
The only people that react to him are those being given free party pies in the studio.

I think we can rely on Damian Barrett actually asking some sensible questions to tell this story fairly and accurately.

Bottom line, if the Dogs win, people will forget about Aker very quickly.
If we lose we have no one to blame but ourselves

Curly5
22-07-2010, 11:45 AM

The only people that react to him are those being given free party pies in the studio.

I think we can rely on Damian Barrett actually asking some sensible questions to tell this story fairly and accurately.

I find myself agreeing with you, CG. :eek:

If Aker wants to go down the path of denigrating the club, giving away secrets, etc, that will just confirm the decision to sack him. He will win a lot more respect and possibly even sympathy by not playing the victim card.

Ghost Dog
22-07-2010, 01:23 PM
As others have mentioned. St Kilda have had to deal with quite a bit of stuff this season. Seems to have not hurt them greatly. The media will make a big stir, but hope the club can keep its eye on the prize. It's all done now anyway. Even if he had stayed, would he have been picked? Who knows, no certainty.

Go Bulldogs! Let's hope this manure makes for good fertilizer come finals.

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 01:38 PM

Agree Captain - win the game on Sunday and the media will move on. Lose and I feel the club could come under more scrutiny.

Would hate to be a small forward at the dogs over the next few weeks - just a bit of pressure to perform.

Go Dogs!

The Underdog
22-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Agree Captain - win the game on Sunday and the media will move on. Lose and I feel the club could come under more scrutiny.

Would hate to be a small forward at the dogs over the next few weeks - just a bit of pressure to perform.

Go Dogs!

I'm not sure why. Akermanis hadn't performed this year. As much as people bag out Gia, Stack and others, #21's output this year was negligible on the field. Sure he may have gone back to the future and pulled some performances out in the last 6 weeks, but it doesn't matter now. i agree a win will help shut the whole thing up though.
Sorry mjp, for mentioning the departed.
To infinity and beyond...

Ghost Dog
22-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Akermanis is gone. History now.
What might have been was not. He did some good things and some not so good.
It disappoints me to hear people call him a 'wanker' etc etc.
I'm sure they didn't say these things when he won games for us off his own boot.
And I'm sure they wouldn't say this to his face if he were standing in front of them.

He may have erred but only the club and him know the facts. Done and dusted.
Thanks Jason and best of luck. Forget it and move on Bulldogs !

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure why. Akermanis hadn't performed this year. As much as people bag out Gia, Stack and others, #21's output this year was negligible on the field. Sure he may have gone back to the future and pulled some performances out in the last 6 weeks, but it doesn't matter now. i agree a win will help shut the whole thing up though.
Sorry mjp, for mentioning the departed.
To infinity and beyond...

Fair call - im just concerned the media will put the small forwards under the spotlight though - i guess winning shuts everyone up - media and aker alike.

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Akermanis is gone. History now.
What might have been was not. He did some good things and some not so good.
It disappoints me to hear people call him a 'wanker' etc etc.
I'm sure they didn't say these things when he won games for us off his own boot.
And I'm sure they wouldn't say this to his face if he were standing in front of them.

He may have erred but only the club and him know the facts. Done and dusted.
Thanks Jason and best of luck. Forget it and move on Bulldogs !

Well said Ghost Dog. All discussion, articles, etc., are pretty much supposition, as you say, only Jason and the club knows what went down.

boydogs
24-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Who?

choconmientay
24-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Please !!!! No More Aker Talk. !!!

mighty_west
24-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Can't believe i woke up this morning with a big aker on my face, funky looking one as well.....oh, oops, no more aker talk, sorry...:p