PDA

View Full Version : Listen to Aker on MTr this morning

aker39
22-07-2010, 09:30 AM
If you want to hear everything that Aker had to say this morning on MTR with Steve Price, here it is. It is the full interview.

http://www.mtr1377.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6575&Itemid=438

The Coon Dog
22-07-2010, 09:47 AM
I felt sorry for one poor bastard, a Michael from Moonee Ponds who had an opinion that differed from Steve Price & was given the short shrift! ;)

ledge
22-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Aker still doesnt get it does he?
Its not about him its about being a team!

G-Mo77
22-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I felt sorry for one poor bastard, a Michael from Moonee Ponds who had an opinion that differed from Steve Price & was given the short shrift! ;)

Surprised TCD? :)

Jasper
22-07-2010, 11:26 AM

Sounds like must listen radio.
He is now actually on a two game losing streak after suffering a TKO loss to Dr Turf on Sat morning about a month ago.

Desipura
22-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Aker39 what is your opinion on the Aker sacking? Will you be changing your name anytime soon?
You may want to answer my question in another thread, dont want to forum police onto you. :D

ReLoad
22-07-2010, 12:22 PM
That was straight from the Josef Goebbels school of propaganda radio.

Appalling, It was like the mutual masturbation society: "I love you Steve, no I love you Jason, No Steve I love you more, No Jason your the best" rinse and repeat.

Yawn.....

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 12:56 PM
You really have worry about someone that on his list of mates the highlights are Steve Price and Sam Newman...I would reckon it fits in within the clubs "no Dickheads" rule.

Grantysghost
22-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Steve Price has hated the dogs since the Libba - Knights incident.... The crap he came out with then was nauseating, made me stop listening to AW. He is relishing his chance to kick us now, but more learned commentators are those we should take notice of.
As for Sam - do you think he would get away with bagging CH9, and leaking internal info from their inner sanctum? No way!

aker39
22-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Aker39 what is your opinion on the Aker sacking? Will you be changing your name anytime soon?
You may want to answer my question in another thread, dont want to forum police onto you. :D

I made my opinion clear last year when Aker said he was retiring then changed his mind.
The club needed to stand it's ground and say no, we have no room in the cap. I think Aker had mentally decided he had had enough earlier in the year, and then because his form picked up, he changed his mind. A receipe for disaster.

This year it has become quite apparent that the players have lost trust in him and he did not know, or was not prepared to figure out, how to win that trust back.

He then made the decision to surround himself with Sam Newman and Steve Price. A bad decision. Aker doesn't need much encouragement, but Steve Price has used Aker to make headlines for his new radio show - simple as that.

Aker knew that the club wanted to sack him 6 weeks ago, and yet that was still not enough for him to shut his mouth, put his head down and concentrate on gaining the trust of the players back and getting back in the side.

I am disappointed for Aker but he has no one else to blame but himself. He has now been kicked out of 2 clubs.

I have a disappointed son at home. His hero is no longer at the club, and he doesn't really understand why? It really is a shame it came to this.

Desipura
22-07-2010, 03:49 PM
I made my opinion clear last year when Aker said he was retiring then changed his mind.
The club needed to stand it's ground and say no, we have no room in the cap. I think Aker had mentally decided he had had enough earlier in the year, and then because his form picked up, he changed his mind. A receipe for disaster.

This year it has become quite apparent that the players have lost trust in him and he did not know, or was not prepared to figure out, how to win that trust back.

He then made the decision to surround himself with Sam Newman and Steve Price. A bad decision. Aker doesn't need much encouragement, but Steve Price has used Aker to make headlines for his new radio show - simple as that.

Aker knew that the club wanted to sack him 6 weeks ago, and yet that was still not enough for him to shut his mouth, put his head down and concentrate on gaining the trust of the players back and getting back in the side.

I am disappointed for Aker but he has no one else to blame but himself. He has now been kicked out of 2 clubs.

I have a disappointed son at home. His hero is no longer at the club, and he doesn't really understand why? It really is a shame it came to this.
Thanks for the response, sorry to hear that story about your son and his hero.

bornadog
22-07-2010, 03:50 PM
I hate Steve Price and I hate MTr so will never ever turn it on and listen to right wing bullshit.

angelopetraglia
22-07-2010, 03:50 PM

Absolutely agree.

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 04:02 PM
"You've got a losing football team and they sack the star player"

Aker hasn't been in good form all year and we're 5th. Where do some of these callers come from?

Chicago1
22-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I hate Steve Price and I hate MTr so will never ever turn it on and listen to right wing bullshit.

LOL You now have the equivalent of Rush Limbaugh/FoxNews we have here in the states! Fortunately I left Melbourne the week before the station began its broadcasting in April. I seem to have 774ABC Melbourne bookmarked on my computer. :p

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 05:40 PM
You really have worry about someone that on his list of mates the highlights are Steve Price and Sam Newman...I would reckon it fits in within the clubs "no Dickheads" rule.

I heard Aker counted Price as his "mentor" - that really, really worries me, lots!

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 06:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing this morning.

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 06:43 PM

I agree with what you have said, especially the last part.

I had to tell my daughter yesterday that Aker wasn't coming back, she still doesn't understand.

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Well I would love to be a fly on the wall when one of Akers children ask him what Loyalty is.

I imagine it would go a little like this..

Daddy whats Loyalty?

Um....Ah....Loyalty?....Um.....Ask ya Mother dear.

FrediKanoute
22-07-2010, 10:24 PM
"You've got a losing football team and they sack the star player"

Aker hasn't been in good form all year and we're 5th. Where do some of these callers come from?

Aker has NEVER been a star player at the Bulldogs. He WAS a star player of the competition back in the early noughties. He was an important member of the Bulldogs side, but thi year he has definitely be less effective and on form was struggling to hold his place in the side!

FrediKanoute
22-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Overall its disappointing rant from Aker fueled by an extremely biased interview and prompting from Steve Price........I am so P*ssed off that I am in the UK and not in Melb b/c I'd be a caller........callers who know nothing about our club.....don't even suporting our club calling and bagginf Smorgo and the players and holding Aker up to be holier than thou just makes me want to puke.

Disappointed in Dougie "rent a dumb comment" Hawkins who has nothing to do with the club has a non-existent media career, but is wheeled out to comment on something he knows nothing......repeat nothing about! Makes me want to puke!

Caller's suggesting we have "breached his right to freedom of speech".......what right to freedom of speech? No employer would tolerate his behaviour. Call's alleging anti-competitive behaviour.....what is the australian public coming too? The great unwashed masses showing their collective ignorance of the law.......Sometimes it pays not to respond to this....but to be honest I would prefer if the cclub came out and gave it both barrels to Price and Newman.....

For me I want our club to have nothing more to do with Aker......a self centered individual in a team sport! Just f*ck off!

Dancin' Douggy
23-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Steve Price is Akers worst enemy.
Closely followed by Sam Newman.
Closely followed by Aker himself.

Desipura
23-07-2010, 10:43 AM
It will be interesting how Aker is going to make a media career when the public will be over his bagging of our club. He was still bagging criticizing Matthews up unitil mid this year.
Eventually everything that comes out of his mouth about our club will wear thin. He will have to start talking about who he thinks will win the weekends games.

Curly5
23-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I heard Aker counted Price as his "mentor" - that really, really worries me, lots!

I heard this morning that Price is now Aker's manager! :eek: They'll go far together.

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Disappointed in Dougie "rent a dumb comment" Hawkins who has nothing to do with the club has a non-existent media career, but is wheeled out to comment on something he knows nothing......repeat nothing about! Makes me want to puke!

I was very disappointing when i heard him talking on MTR.