PDA

View Full Version : I love the Western Bulldogs

craigsahibee
22-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I just thought this needed to be said. :)

BulldogBelle
22-07-2010, 08:23 PM
If the Western Bulldogs sent me a letter saying they need 50 human sacrifices to guarantee participation in this years grand final, I would be one of the first replying "YES!! Take me!"

SonofScray
22-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I love the Footscray Football Club. Players come and go go, coaches come and go, administrators come and go. Footscray is forever. The fans make the Club.

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 08:55 PM
I love the Footscray Football Club. Players come and go go, coaches come and go, administrators come and go. Footscray is forever. The fans make the Club.

Agree.

The Pie Man
22-07-2010, 09:40 PM
You'll never walk al..... ahh sorry, wrong board (Remi, don't shoot me! :D)

Cede Nullis

Dancin' Douggy
22-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Me too. Love the dogs.

Ghost Dog
22-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I love a feel good thread!
The up shot of this week is it makes it easier for some young gun to get a foot in the door.
Sure, Aker must be dark on us.
For every dark player there's a silver lining! :D

Sooooooonnnns of the west!

LostDoggy
22-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Love them more than a fat kid loves cake.

I hope we get a huge attendance on Sunday for both Akermanis and the club. Thou shall not divide embarking upon September, the grandest of all months of the calender.

I will be there cheering them on win or lose, the club will always be bigger than the individual.

Ghost Dog
22-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Love them more than a fat kid loves cake.

I hope we get a huge attendance on Sunday for both Akermanis and the club. Thou shall not divide embarking upon September, the grandest of all months of the calender.

I will be there cheering them on win or lose, the club will always be bigger than the individual.

yeah! Win or lose. It's all about the vibe...your honor. :D

cinder
22-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Me too, Dogs forever. Will definitely be there on Sunday. Hope they can put all this behind them!

AndrewP6
23-07-2010, 12:01 AM
I'll be there on Sunday, I just hope I don't run into any of the head honchos, I'd give them what for...

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 12:47 AM
And lets get out there and win this Premiership. I feel three days of wearing my jumpers till Sunday coming on.

Desipura
23-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Agree. I follow the Western Bulldogs not any one player.

Curly5
23-07-2010, 10:57 AM
I'll be there on Sunday, I just hope I don't run into any of the head honchos, I'd give them what for...

I don't want to hear of any booing of our guys by our supporters, ok? Or is that too much to ask of some hard-line dissidents? (Not you, AndrewP6)

Chicago1
23-07-2010, 11:08 AM
I would sell my sister if the Bulldogs asked me to. But then again, my brother-in-law asked me to sell her already. Oh well... :D

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Always remember that the Club is bigger than the individual. I too passionately love this football club . We need to stand firm as a Club and shout out loud on Sunday as one in our support of the players and everyone connected with the club. Go the mighty Dogs.
________
Buy vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)

w3design
23-07-2010, 11:29 AM
If the Western Bulldogs sent me a letter saying they need 50 human sacrifices to guarantee participation in this years grand final, I would be one of the first replying "YES!! Take me!"

Can't agree there, I'd be holding out for a guaranteed premiership rather than mere participation.

Thanks for this thread. We do love this club. Aker will be a footnote one day.

Remi Moses
23-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Cede Nullis

Gold! The club made the right call just as they did back in the 80's with the Hardie Malthouse saga.Gee if we won the flag I'd even give that tune a gig

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 05:29 PM
I just thought this needed to be said. :)

I love the western bulldogs.

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 05:37 PM

Cede Nullis

Just like the Melbourne game I new we would win that game wish we could hear that every week Remi :D

mighty_west
23-07-2010, 06:07 PM

Here hear.

For better, for worse etc etc.

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I love the western bulldogs

carn the dogs!!!!!

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 07:38 PM
I LOVE THE WESTERN BULLDOGS!

Gee, that felt so good!! :D:)

LostDoggy
23-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I love yelling BULL-DOGS in my best metal voice and drowning out a full section of Adelaide fans at West Lakes.

DOGS FKN RIP!!

Bulldog Joe
23-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Yes

GO DOGS!!!

Can't be there this week because of commitments in Tassie but trying to get to every game after that.

Managed 10 so far this year.

DOG GOD
23-07-2010, 11:48 PM
I LOVE the dogs as much as i love KISS......and thats ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Flamethrower
23-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Western Bulldogs football IS LIFE...the rest is just details!

LostDoggy
24-07-2010, 05:16 PM
As a more senior member of this forum........

CARN THE 'SCRAY!!!!!!!:D

Err......senior in years, not as a member of this fine forum!

LongWait
24-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Sons of the west...red, white and blue!

Love the Western Bulldogs.

chef
24-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Western Bulldogs football IS LIFE...the rest is just details!

Ditto

LostDoggy
27-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I love The Bulldogs, they have been and are such a HUGE part of my life. :)

And I love Brad Johnson too!! :D

AndrewP6
27-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't want to hear of any booing of our guys by our supporters, ok? Or is that too much to ask of some hard-line dissidents? (Not you, AndrewP6)

Nah, that's not my style... I might give 'em a spray now and again (armchair coach!) but that's about all...

1eyedog
28-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I love the scraggers more than I love my wife, she knows that, doesn't like it but that's the way it is. My relationship with the bulldogs was established well before I met her. I had a few relationship stouches with the dogs over time (end of 82 when KT went to Melbourne-I cried and cried and cried- but we made up in 89, then we had a few fallings out during the 90s, 97 was a particularly tough year for us, we had a big arguement in September of that year).

Anyway, back on to topic. My wife hates footy and often bags it, but she never bags the dogs, oh no, because she knows I'll give her what for by jingo! :D

Sockeye Salmon
28-07-2010, 06:28 PM
My wife knows better than to plan anything that clashes with a Bulldogs game.

She did stuff up once, round 1 2008. Easter Sunday, Johnno's 300th v Adelaide. That happened to be my birthday so my wife invited all of my family around for a birthday lunch with the added intention of having an Easter egg hunt for the kids.

Of course, I went to the footy instead.

The best bit was that none of my family turned up until about 5.30pm either as they all knew I wouldn't be there until the footy finished.

Ozza
28-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Looking forward to putting my kid ( due in 10 weeks ) through both the absolute pleasure and sometimes excruciating pain of barracking for the Bulldogs. We wouldn't have it any other way.

My missus is a Geelong supporter, but she knows its a non-negotiable that the kid has to be a Bulldogs supporter - going to see the Bulldogs is just what my family does on the weekends!

AndrewP6
19-05-2013, 06:30 PM
BUMP.

Despite our current situation, here's a timely reminder we're all (supposedly) on the same team, and we all want the same thing. We may disagree on how to get there, we may disagree on who will get us there, but in the end we all want the Dogs to salute on that one day in September (or early October, as the case may be!). Here's to our club, the Western Bulldogs... Go Dogs!

azabob
19-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Good work Andrew.

For what its worth when we do get to salute, I hope its the last day of September.

It has been exciting watching Roughead continue his development, JJ continued rise, and watching both Jackson MaCrae and Jake Stringer come in and impact games.

Go Dogs...

Ghost Dog
19-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Let's hope we are not the Wigan of the AFL....81 years!

HOSE B ROMERO
19-05-2013, 07:50 PM
81 years??? 81 years????? That's only another 22 years.. i'll be 72 then... By jove, that's something to look forward to young man!!!!!!!!!!!:D

HOSE B ROMERO
19-05-2013, 07:51 PM

... what about the boston red sox........:eek:

AndrewP6
19-05-2013, 08:37 PM
... what about the boston red sox........:eek:

I don't follow either sport, but I just did a bit of reading of both clubs. I might follow them simply for the one thing we have in common!:)

Eastdog
19-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Whether we are going good or bad I will always support the Doggies. We are in a dark period right now but I believe that will come good again and be a premiership contender fingers crossed.

LostDoggy
19-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Whether we are going good or bad I will always support the Doggies. We are in a dark period right now but I believe that will come good again and be a premiership contender fingers crossed.

Agree with you, against my better judgement. For mine, the worst years in the last 10 were 2003, 2007 (absolute worstest) and 2012. This year still seems necessary.

Eastdog
19-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Agree with you, against my better judgement. For mine, the worst years in the last 10 were 2003, 2007 (absolute worstest) and 2012. This year still seems necessary.

We just need to keep getting games into our youngsters and our senior core need to lift. We are alright in the midfield but more importantly we have to be good in defence and attack which right now we are woeful at.

Sedat
20-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Really? We had a W/L ratio of 9.5/12.5 and finished the season with almost half the list out injured. With a much better injury run the following season we finished top 4.

Take your pick out of 1981, 1982, 1989, 1996, 2003, 2004, 2012 and (thus far) 2013. Probably 1989 because we actually lost the club at the end of it. The current team plays as unattractive and unwatchable brand of footy as I've seen in a very long time. The Rohde years were awful but we still scored quite heavily and lost many close games - we haven't even been close to winning a game since mid last season (except the Brisbane game of course).

Those of us old enough and ugly enough to remember the Royce Hart years are still going through therapy!

Ghost Dog
20-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Really? We had a W/L ratio of 9.5/12.5 and finished the season with almost half the list out injured. With a much better injury run the following season we finished top 4.

Take your pick out of 1981, 1982, 1989, 1996, 2003, 2004, 2012 and (thus far) 2013. Probably 1989 because we actually lost the club at the end of it. The current team plays as unattractive and unwatchable brand of footy as I've seen in a very long time. The Rohde years were awful but we still scored quite heavily and lost many close games - we haven't even been close to winning a game since mid last season (except the Brisbane game of course).

Those of us old enough and ugly enough to remember the Royce Hart years are still going through therapy!

Add too that the club is far better resourced than it was then.
Sending players to hotels for altitude therapy etc.
I love the Western Bulldogs - I can handle losing but I absoluteley hate being the F#@$ easy beats of the comp

LostDoggy
20-05-2013, 11:42 AM
I love the Western Bulldogs but I can handle losing but I absoluteley hate being the F#@$ easy beats of the comp

well put

Bulldog4life
20-05-2013, 12:02 PM

Made me laugh. I remember the days well...unfortunately.

Chicago1
20-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Only 81 years? Pfffttt... Try 105 years and counting. Go Cubs! :(

I haven't seen us play for over two years. It seems like ten. That's why I'm hoping I can fly out for our last match against Melbourne and celebrate my 61st birthday. My caregiver responsibilities make it look like a two week trip this time. Just not sure I can even get away for that long. *fingers crossed*

I need a footy fix!

KT31
20-05-2013, 03:16 PM

God I hope not, imagine no one alive having seen us win a flag.:( (Mods I need a teary emoticon and the way its going it will be the most popular emoticon used.:D)

I haven't seen us play for over two years. It seems like ten. That's why I'm hoping I can fly out for our last match against Melbourne and celebrate my 61st birthday. My caregiver responsibilities make it look like a two week trip this time. Just not sure I can even get away for that long. *fingers crossed*

I need a footy fix!

Some would say those that have been going each week for the last two years can say the same.
Hope you can make it over and we have a big win Chicago.

LostDoggy
20-05-2013, 11:53 PM

2007 bitterly disappointing, coming off what 2006 seemed to mean.

Losers' debate this one!;)

craigsahibee
22-05-2013, 05:40 PM

I need a footy fix!

Chicago1

The Cubs have nothing on Hibernian.

1902 was the last time they lifted the Scottish Cup. They have their chance again this Sunday when they face the green team from Glasgow in the final.

Chicago1
23-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Chicago1

The Cubs have nothing on Hibernian.

1902 was the last time they lifted the Scottish Cup.

So that's where the word 'hibernate' comes from?:p

Remi Moses
23-05-2013, 05:10 AM
These yards are nowhere near harder than 80-82.
Remember going to every game in 1981, in which we won 2!!
I still vividly recall Both wins ,
the Bombers in Sheeds first year( he was close to pulling on the boots)
Melbourne at Waverley ( they won one game against us)
No draft to hang your hat on in those days.

Chicago1
23-05-2013, 01:30 PM
*sigh* I miss the old days with Royce Hart as coach. 8 wins-45 losses. *sigh* :o

*shudder*

bornadog
23-05-2013, 02:19 PM
These yards are nowhere near harder than 80-82.
Remember going to every game in 1981, in which we won 2!!
I still vividly recall Both wins ,
the Bombers in Sheeds first year( he was close to pulling on the boots)
Melbourne at Waverley ( they won one game against us)
No draft to hang your hat on in those days.

*sigh* I miss the old days with Royce Hart as coach. 8 wins-45 losses. *sigh* :o

*shudder*

Yes I went to all those games too, but how sweet it was in 1985, what a great season - pity we didn't go all the way:(

BornInDroopSt'54
23-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Made me laugh. I remember the days well...unfortunately.

yeah Royce Hart an Bluey Hampshire were low points.

Chicago1
24-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Yes I went to all those games too, but how sweet it was in 1985, what a great season - pity we didn't go all the way:(

I don't think that in the hundreds of matches that I saw, that I was ever so excited than personally see us play in the Finals for the first time that year. I had tears in my eyes as the boys ran through the banner for the QF. I had tears in my eyes at the end of the match, too: Hawthorn 22.23 155 to Footscray 8.14 62. :(

Beating North the next week to allow us to play Hawthorn again in the PF was great. However... damn Leigh Matthews. Damn him to hell!:mad:

bornadog
24-05-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't think that in the hundreds of matches that I saw, that I was ever so excited than personally see us play in the Finals for the first time that year. I had tears in my eyes as the boys ran through the banner for the QF. I had tears in my eyes at the end of the match, too: Hawthorn 22.23 155 to Footscray 8.14 62. :(

Beating North the next week to allow us to play Hawthorn again in the PF was great. However... damn Leigh Matthews. Damn him to hell!:mad:

That North semi final was one of my most enjoyable days at the footy. Beazza kicked his 100th, Lally kicked his 50th and The Hawk tore them apart. What a great day.

LostDoggy
24-05-2013, 11:36 AM
The Hawks best game for the red white and blue and
Magics save on the goal line

Eastdog
26-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Last night was certainly an enjoyable night for us.