PDA

View Full Version : Aker and/or Sam are liars!

Throughandthrough
23-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Yes there are too many threads allready, and maybe this has been raised on one of the 43 other threads allready, (mods, please merge if it is) but did anyone else notice his complete stuff up last night?

Basically along the lines of
'when i told Sam about the........."

and they were talking about the private conversation that Sam allegedly eavesdropped.........

The prosecution rests their case.......

bornadog
23-07-2010, 09:39 AM
If Sam overheard the conversation, then other diners would also have heard it.

All Lies!!!

stevieg
23-07-2010, 09:04 PM
I think the most damning point in this whole Aker saga is the deafening silence of the AFLPA. If there wasn't a legitimite case against sacking Aker Matt Finnis would have been all over this (ala Andrew Lovett). I applaud the club in the stance they have taken and Aker's comments on TFS just highlighted that he still doesn't comprehend the comments he made to Sam Newman (and then how Sam used these comments to place Cooney in an uncomfortable position) were part of the reason for his downfall. Making the club look like fools when they tried to back him up when he stated his 'gay' story was doctored was the beginning of the end in this whole saga.

Flamethrower
23-07-2010, 11:39 PM
This all started at our club with the accusation of performance enhancing drug use by an opponent way back in 2007.

At Brisbane it hit the fan when Jason exposed the fact that Nigel Lappin had broken ribs leading into the 2003 Grand Final. Leigh Matthews has said that had the Lions lost that GF, Aker would have been sacked then and there.

You want proof Aker??? You can't handle the proof!!!!

mighty_west
24-07-2010, 01:41 PM
This all started at our club with the accusation of performance enhancing drug use by an opponent way back in 2007.

At Brisbane it hit the fan when Jason exposed the fact that Nigel Lappin had broken ribs leading into the 2003 Grand Final. Leigh Matthews has said that had the Lions lost that GF, Aker would have been sacked then and there.

You want proof Aker??? You can't handle the proof!!!!

I heard that, Leathal also said that after winning his Brownlow, he went on a comedy tour with Mark "Jacko" Jackson, and part of the routine was to make his own team mate Justin Leppich as this "dumb" charactor, without his knowledge.

Needless to say that a few players didn't attend Akers wedding, including Leppa, Aker still to this day cannot understand why Leppa didn't show up.

DOG GOD
24-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Aker is nothing more than an egotistical rollercoaster ride. The club put all their faith in getting him to the club when no once else wanted him. He's a "performer" and if he isnt performing on the field he needs to do it off the field to stay "current". This has been his demise, and the fact that he wont take any blame for ANYTHING that happened at Lions and now at the dogs just shows the type of egomaniac he really is. Our club will be better off without him.

Yes i liked him as a player, but i like Ward and Wood alot more :)

Ghost Dog
24-07-2010, 02:55 PM
The thing that Aker could have done for himself is at least admitted some wrong at least. The " I haven't done anything wrong" line erodes his support. Always better to admit wrong than to cover it up.
After our seniors retire, further facts will come out anyway when they decide to write their own books!

Bumper Bulldogs
24-07-2010, 05:43 PM
I also noticed they way Aker discussed his conversation with Sam, Funny how Sam was very quite, and Gary seemed to be the one who asked the right questions.

It was also interesting last night while Johno was interviewed at 1/2 time, he didn't have a smile but was very focused and showed strength and I hope that is the way the biys come to the game tomorrow against Freo.

Does anyone think that Aker will be at the game tomorrow? My thoughts are that he will as he will want to keep this out their for another week or so.

I to like Dog God loved him and think it was a fantastic move to pick him up but the longer he carries on about this week the further I move away from this view.

anfo27
24-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I love Aker and wasn't really impressed with how everything went down. The backlash the club has been getting from talk back radio and the like isn't great but the biggest thing for me is that there isn't one ex-AFL player who has come out and said that the club was in the wrong. For someone like me who has never been apart of an AFL club, thats good enough for me.

cinder
24-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't see what it matters who he told the information to, Sam or Steve Price, he still divulged it and that's the whole point! Sam is an idiot for bringing it up on TFS because then it became obvious that Aker spilled the info. You reap what you sew Aker, so take some responsibility.

Pickenitup
24-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Heard On Mix fm Johnno said he has a book coming out this year too im tipping the truth will be in
Johnno 's book not Akers

KT31
27-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Heard On Mix fm Johnno said he has a book coming out this year too im tipping the truth will be in
Johnno 's book not Akers

Hardly think Johnno would even give it a mention.
Possibly only to sell more copies.

Remi Moses
28-07-2010, 04:35 AM
Gee the whole aker saga has divided families as well. I've had a few ripper arguements with my mum,but as stated I take the views of esteemed types like Leigh Matthews

BulldogBelle
28-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Throughandthrough
Aker and/or Sam are liars!
Yes there are too many threads allready, and maybe this has been raised on one of the 43 other threads allready, (mods, please merge if it is) but did anyone else notice his complete stuff up last night?

Basically along the lines of
Quote:
'when i told Sam about the........."
and they were talking about the private conversation that Sam allegedly eavesdropped.........

The prosecution rests their case.......

You missed something, the previous week when Sam made an apology the told word slipped out then. Because I was told ... quickly gagged though.

I remember many years ago Trevor Keogh from Carlton told one of his mates (one of the Sheahan boys, but not Mike or the other one that does the youth, but the one who ended up running the pub) what was going to happen at the start of a match between them and Footscray. He would not tell me what was going to happen although I nagged him for hours.

For those who remember, it was 4 full-forwards on Dave Darcy in the goal square at the start of the game. Dave Darcy I suppose was a Brian Lake type player. So Darcy didn't know who to cover.