PDA

View Full Version : Chris Grant on Aker.

Dancin' Douggy
24-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Just heard the great man talking on 774 about Aker.
I'm not very computer savvy but if anyone can post a link to the interview,
or find a transcript it was powerful stuff.

Absolutely scathing of Aker.

Now when Chris Grant talks, which isn't often, I believe him.
I trust him.
Not a single woofer out there would doubt him.
He said there was absolutely no way the Dogs could have won the flag while Aker was at the club.
Any chance of anyone finding and posting this?
It was just before 1.30pm.

Chicago1
24-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Lindy Burns on 774 spoke to Chris on Wednesday afternoon. Here's the link: http://blogs.abc.net.au/victoria/2010/07/jason-akermanis-sacked-by-the-western-bulldogs.html?site=melbourne&program=melbourne_drive

There might be a post with today's interview put up later. Topdog has the link below.

Topdog
24-07-2010, 04:02 PM
and looks like it will appear here later today / tomorrow.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/afl/audio/

Dancin' Douggy
24-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks heaps.

LostDoggy
24-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I, too, listened with interest to the Turtle on Aker. In short, he said that he had a lot of time for Aker, but after this last week, believed that Aker finally showed everyone the "real" person, not the persona he presents to the media etc. Hard to not believe such a man, who seems to be honest and full of integrity.

Ghost Dog
24-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Will have a dig. See if I can get a link up.

Flamethrower
24-07-2010, 05:40 PM
No doubt Aker will be ripping Granty in the media before the weekend is over.

There aren't too many bridges left for him to burn - that mainstream media career that he craves may be becoming a pipedream. Tabloid muckraking seems to be about his level.

Rocco Jones
24-07-2010, 05:47 PM
There aren't too many bridges left for him to burn - that mainstream media career that he craves may be becoming a pipedream. Tabloid muckraking seems to be about his level.

I believe our mainstream media functions at the tabloid muckraking level so Aker shouldn't have a problem.

Remi Moses
24-07-2010, 05:51 PM
No doubt we'll get the spiel "what's Grant ever done". Self absorbed petulant little twerp

mighty_west
24-07-2010, 05:54 PM
No doubt we'll get the spiel "what's Grant ever done". Self absorbed petulant little twerp

Both champion players, Grant is also a champion bloke....................

Remi Moses
24-07-2010, 06:01 PM
No doubting Akers quality as a footballer but his performance off the field leaves alot to be desired!:eek:

Rocco Jones
24-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Yep, that's a lock in.

chef
24-07-2010, 06:57 PM

Or 'at least I'll be remembered Chris':rolleyes:

LostDoggy
24-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Chris strongly refuted Aker's claim that Brad Johnson caused all this to happen. He absolutely stood by Brad as a person and leader and said anyone who has been involved with him would know that he wouldn't act unilaterally to get rid of a player.

cinder
24-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Chris strongly refuted Aka's claim that Brad Johnson caused all this to happen. He absolutely stood by Brad as a person and leader and said anyone who has been involved with him would know that he wouldn't act unilaterally to get rid of a player.

Good. And yes we all do know that. But for those unconvinced (ignorant idiots) it is good to hear it from such a respected source.

craigsahibee
24-07-2010, 11:57 PM
There is our next President. Such an impressive individual.

Ghost Dog
25-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Granty is an important example for us come finals.
Here is a guy who never played in a final. Aker teamed in three.
Who will be remembered with respect?
Finals are not everything.

Twodogs
25-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Granty is an important example for us come finals.
Here is a guy who never played in a final. Aker teamed in three.
Who will be remembered with respect?
Finals are not everything.

Four. He played in the losing GF V Port in 2004.

w3design
25-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Tom Harley has come out in support of the Dogs as well.

@bradjohnson6 is a star. Has shown amazing leadership throughout this saga filled week for the Dogs. The club is in great hands. Good signs.

http://twitter.com/tjrharley/status/19377094039

Remi Moses
25-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Or 'at least I'll be remembered Chris':rolleyes:

Yeah sorry getting a little pedantic aren't we:rolleyes:

aker39
25-07-2010, 02:35 AM
I rang the producer of Abc grandstand this afternoon and asked him if he could replay what Granty had to say. He said he couldn't replay it, but he would put it on the website.

Dancin' Douggy
25-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Apparently it's up on the Age website and was also played on 3AW.
It's obviously attracted attention

chef
25-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah sorry getting a little pedantic aren't we:rolleyes:

I didn't think so.

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Spoke to the great man after the game outside, champion bloke.

strebla
26-07-2010, 01:36 PM
I can't find it anywhere does anyone have a link please

Go_Dogs
26-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Tom Harley has come out in support of the Dogs as well.

http://twitter.com/tjrharley/status/19377094039

I've noticed he has been very complimentary of the Dogs throughout the whole saga, and I hope the leadership group/players/everyone take note of the great external feedback from a guy who was obviously a terrific leader and a key part of a very successful, modern day club.

LostDoggy
27-07-2010, 10:51 AM
I believe our mainstream media functions at the tabloid muckraking level so Aker shouldn't have a problem.

I totally agree Rocco Jones. I've given up on the media, they just print/say whatever they want, regardless of whether there's an ounce of truth to it. The whole Melbourne Storm salary cap saga has taught me to not believe anything I read until confirmed by the player/club. :mad:

To get my Bulldogs/Storm news I go on WOOF on the Storm website. :)

LostDoggy
27-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Four. He played in the losing GF V Port in 2004.

He would have played against Chris Grant if not for the only thing Aker lacked on a football field — loyalty.

Chris Grant will forever be remembered as a legend of the football club and the game — for 20 cents.

Topdog
27-07-2010, 05:33 PM
So has anyone found a link yet?

bornadog
27-07-2010, 11:43 PM
I totally agree Rocco Jones. I've given up on the media, they just print/say whatever they want, regardless of whether there's an ounce of truth to it. The whole Melbourne Storm salary cap saga has taught me to not believe anything I read until confirmed by the player/club. :mad:

To get my Bulldogs/Storm news I go on WOOF on the Storm website. :)

I had a boss who said to me, believe half of what you hear and and nothing of what you read.

Twodogs
28-07-2010, 10:29 AM
I had a boss who said to me, believe half of what you hear and and nothing of what you read.

My old granddad told me a version of that. His take was "believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear."