PDA

View Full Version : Club Song Circle

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Did anyone else catch the singing of the song by the players?

It was probably the biggest circle of people i have seen singing it for a long time, it looked as though just about everyone involved in the club was standing there. Seemed like a really big sign of unity, after what everyone had gone through during the week.

jazzadogs
25-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Yep, liked it. Was nice that they showed it on the big screen on the ground as well, a lot of people had already left the ground but it was worth sticking around for.

Great signs today, as a club. Big crowd (for an interstate game) and a big win.

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Was F*&$^N awesome. Seemed like they really made a point of getting everyone involved.

G-Mo77
25-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Youtube anyone?

I missed that. :o

Scraggers
25-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Youtube anyone?

I missed that. :o

Yes please ... Appearantly they don't like playing the opposition singing their song on TV

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Yep, liked it. Was nice that they showed it on the big screen on the ground as well, a lot of people had already left the ground but it was worth sticking around for.

Great signs today, as a club. Big crowd (for an interstate game) and a big win.

Was great for those people in the crowd who DID stay behind, watch it happen, and sing along with it too on the big screen! The unity shown today by the boys was significant in the context of this season. Hopefully this is only the beginning, and more to come for the rest of the season and finals!

Hotdog60
25-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Here's a still shot

http://images.slatterymedia.com/images/thumbs/450/213858.jpg

Desipura
25-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Interesting that is what I wanted to see after all that has happened this week with Aker. Yes I did say for them to do it as they were coming off.
And to think DFA4PM thought it was so corny it was vomit material.
I was not that far off the mark buddy!

aker39
25-07-2010, 08:57 PM
It will probably be on Sports Tonight on one HD at 8.00pm

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 08:59 PM
They not only just sung it, but gave sung with real passion i noticed too!
Past wins has just been ''yeah lets sing it because its tradition''
But it sounded alot more passionate today IMO!

jazzadogs
25-07-2010, 08:59 PM
It will probably be on Sports Tonight on one HD at 8.00pm
But then I won't know who won out of Callum and Adam?

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I understand the reasoning, but it's kind of corny. A round 17 game, I think it was unnecessary. I'd understand if it had been questioned, but has anyone questioned our team unity? If it was a 'response' to the Aker saga, I thought they had moved on...

comrade
25-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I understand the reasoning, but it's kind of corny. A round 17 game, I think it was unnecessary. I'd understand if it had been questioned, but has anyone questioned our team unity? If it was a 'response' to the Aker saga, I thought they had moved on...

You serious?

jazzadogs
25-07-2010, 09:17 PM
You serious?
That was my response when I read that.

aker39
25-07-2010, 09:24 PM

I thought it was the whole club giving the finger to aker and saying stick that up your arse.

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 09:25 PM
You serious?

Yes, people have said that Aker was damaging it, but he's gone now. So there shouldn't be a need to trumpet our unity, if he was the problem, and that has been dealt with. Excluding Aker's influence, I would've said our unity was strong.

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I thought it was the whole club giving the finger to aker and saying stick that up your arse.

Me too, which if true is stooping to the kind of stuff he's been accused of.

aker39
25-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Me too, which if true is stooping to the kind of stuff he's been accused of.

No it's not. It's the team acting as one. Aker could never be accused of that.

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 09:30 PM
No it's not. It's the team acting as one. Aker could never be accused of that.

Fair enough, agree to disagree - I just thought it was a bit much after a Rd 17 game.

aker39
25-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Fair enough, agree to disagree - I just thought it was a bit much after a Rd 17 game.

It had nothing to do with a Round 17 game.

chef
25-07-2010, 09:32 PM

Same here, beautifully done:)

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 09:37 PM
It had nothing to do with a Round 17 game.

OK. I stand by my initial view, it was a bit corny, and unnecessary.

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 09:38 PM
I thought it was mostly about beating a team that was above us on the ladderand take 4th and a possible 2nd chance with 5 rounds to go. IMO

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Here's a still shot

http://images.slatterymedia.com/images/thumbs/450/213858.jpg

Anybody see Aker in there

mighty_west
25-07-2010, 10:04 PM

Sorry Andrew, cannot agree, i was absolutely thrilled when i saw it on the big screen at the game, i also didn't see it as an "up yours" either, i saw this as a tough week for all involved, tough for Aker as well [his own doing off course], but players don't get kicked out of clubs for nothing reasons, to get kicked out of two says alot about the man.

The club had been attacked by Aker & his MTR cronies all week, the club had no choice but to just play the straigfht bat all week, Newman & Aker were craving bait, we did a brilliant job on Thursday night.

The circle was a show of team unity, and a massive show of strength for the club, given the week the club had to go through, it was awesome to see.

comrade
25-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Sorry Andrew, cannot agree, i was absolutely thrilled when i saw it on the big screen at the game, i also didn't see it as an "up yours" either, i saw this as a tough week for all involved, tough for Aker as well [his own doing off course], but players don't get kicked out of clubs for nothing reasons, to get kicked out of two says alot about the man.

The club had been attacked by Aker & his MTR cronies all week, the club had no choice but to just play the straigfht bat all week, Newman & Aker were craving bait, we did a brilliant job on Thursday night.

The circle was a show of team unity, and a massive show of strength for the club, given the week the club had to go through, it was awesome to see.

I agree. I think Andrew is way off target.

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I think I'll just sit over here in the corner.
http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/boy.in.corner.jpg

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 10:23 PM

For ****s sake man, wat a fantastic game by the dogs and an awesome sign of unity. It refutes every word of Akers talk of divisions within the team. Proud bulldogs today mate an emphatic 82 point win against a team ahead of us on the ladder. What more do you want?

LostDoggy
25-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Not long since I arrived home after the game. Did see the big group singing the song and I thought it was an excellent end to a trying week. Showing everyone involved was great.

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 10:45 PM
For ****s sake man, wat a fantastic game by the dogs and an awesome sign of unity. It refutes every word of Akers talk of divisions within the team. Proud bulldogs today mate an emphatic 82 point win against a team ahead of us on the ladder. What more do you want?

Nothing. I never asked for more.

mighty_west
25-07-2010, 10:54 PM

No need for that, you're a good man, life would be pretty boring if we all always agreed on every single topic.

Hotdog60
25-07-2010, 10:56 PM

Are you standing in the corner or peeing in the corner? :D:D

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Are you standing in the corner or peeing in the corner? :D:D

HAHAHAHA... hadn't even thought of that when I saw that pic! Uh... I'd like to say "standing" but it's not factually accurate. And peeing on the wall is a bit Fev-like. :)

boydogs
25-07-2010, 11:13 PM
AP6 - Are you suggesting it was staged, as a presentation for the media?

I don't buy the round 17 argument, it was because we performed so well after a week in which one of our players was sacked, otherwise we may have belted out the song having re-entered the top 4 but not with all and sundry in the circle.

If it were simply a natural and spur of the moment celebration, I have no issue with it, the players and club officials are entitled to express their elation and unity after such a stressful week. However, if this was pre-meditated, then maybe you have a point in us continuing to make everything about Aker, and turning an on-field result into just another weapon in our anti-Aker media campaign arsenal

AndrewP6
25-07-2010, 11:22 PM
AP6 - Are you suggesting it was staged, as a presentation for the media?

I don't buy the round 17 argument, it was because we performed so well after a week in which one of our players was sacked, otherwise we may have belted out the song having re-entered the top 4 but not with all and sundry in the circle.

If it were simply a natural and spur of the moment celebration, I have no issue with it, the players and club officials are entitled to express their elation and unity after such a stressful week. However, if this was pre-meditated, then maybe you have a point in us continuing to make everything about Aker, and turning an on-field result into just another weapon in our anti-Aker media campaign arsenal

Not really, just that it was a bit over-the-top. But, as is obvious, that's just me :) I don't know if it was a 'dig' at Aker, just hope it wasn't - I'd hope we're above,past and over that.

Remi Moses
25-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Anybody see Aker in there

Who? Never heard of him! Sure we'll get some comment tomorrow on that station that has about 5 listeners.

boydogs
25-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Not really, just that it was a bit over-the-top. But, as is obvious, that's just me :) I don't know if it was a 'dig' at Aker, just hope it wasn't - I'd hope we're above,past and over that.

Reading some of the other comments in this thread, I think you are far from alone in suspecting that this was about sticking it to Aker. And, reading between the lines, I think that is why you have an issue with it. You have been one of the posters to stand behind our 2 controversial recruits in BBBH & Aker, and with good reason as the club knew what they were getting into and all we have seen from them is a provoked headlock and some verbal diarrhoea.

It would be interesting to hear from BornInDroopSt or RawToast on the group psychology involved in the Aker sacking, including the reaction today in putting in a performance that Eade described as not something we would be able to produce every week, followed by the song with everyone in the club involved

MrMahatma
25-07-2010, 11:58 PM
I think it was good. Doesn't do any harm and the boys would've been pretty pumped after that performance. I think it's a good way of saying that everyone had a part to play in this victory, and everyone has a part to play in the next few weeks hopefully getting us to top 4, and then deep into the finals.

Of course it was probably done now because of the Aker element - but I think it was important internally. While Smorgan said the vote to out Aker was unanimous, he would've had some friends who probably felt a little out in the cold this week - this was a great way of saying "we're all in this together" and sharing in the glory of our best performance this year, as a team.

Wouldn't expect to see that again until the last Saturday in September though, with a nice piece of silverwear in the middle!

LostDoggy
26-07-2010, 01:57 AM

Heh. That's a coincidents. Aker was doing the sane thing during the game.

Ghost Dog
26-07-2010, 08:10 AM
We have never been in the top 4 on the back of such an emphatic win. Celebrate it!
It's gooooood to be top four. Anyone still suffering from bitten nails after the Hawthorn loss? Well, now you can do a little dance. Reason enough to get all the masseurs and boot strappers and orange boys :D together to sing the song IMO.

All the commentators, Gleeson etc dancing on Akers' grave are a bit tiresome IMO.

EasternWest
26-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Interesting that is what I wanted to see after all that has happened this week with Aker. Yes I did say for them to do it as they were coming off.
And to think DFA4PM thought it was so corny it was vomit material.
I was not that far off the mark buddy!

At least get the quote right mate. I said I thought "coming off the ground arm in arm" was cringe worthy. Never let the truth get in the way of a backstab I guess.

LostDoggy
26-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I think the team answered this week's events on the field emphatically and I was so pleased and proud to be there. The "big" circle I also saw before leaving the ground, and I thought it was just another show of unity after a pretty trying week for all concerned with the dogs! Well done Dogs, you did us proud yesterday..........now let's keep the momentum going as we play ourselves into even better form for the finals. :D:D:D

cinder
26-07-2010, 10:20 AM
After the week they've had I think they're entitled to celebrate such an emphatic win. FFS give them a break.

Jasper
26-07-2010, 10:22 AM

Some of our more vocal supporters, heard to be telling Aker something similar yesterday

strebla
26-07-2010, 11:43 AM
I loved it after such a great win it was wonderful to watch and to sing along as I was really pumped myself had to laugh when i was told later that Rohan Smith even got in there.

Twodogs
26-07-2010, 12:16 PM
BBBH & Aker, and with good reason as the club knew what they were getting into and all we have seen from them is a provoked headlock and some verbal diarrhoea.

All we've got from Barry is a headlock? Did you only see the one game and miss all the 15 others he's played?

AFL Goalkickers Total Statistics for Season 2010

Name Team Games Goals Behinds Score Marks Shots %

1. Jack Riewoldt Richmond 17 63 33 411 98 96 65.6

2. Barry Hall Western Bulldogs 16 58 27 375 103 85 68.2

3. Mark Lecras West Coast 16 53 23 341 78 76 69.7

LostDoggy
26-07-2010, 12:17 PM
I heard them singing as we were leaving our seats, but didn't realise how big the circle was until I saw it on tv when I got home. Must say I liked seeing everyone in there!! It was a HUGE win, absolutely smashed the fourth placed team & took their spot too. :)

Scraggers
26-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I am soooooo hoping it is on One Week At A Time tonight, as I am still yet to see it ... But I must say, just reading about has given me chills

1eyedog
26-07-2010, 12:22 PM
I reckon the first quarter effort was worth the full circle song yesterday. Gee wizz that 4 quarter effort was awesome, we would have beaten anyone and as Eade said we may not play like that again. Who cares what round it is a performance like that needs a big celebration.

aker39
26-07-2010, 12:48 PM
If you watch the highlights on Bigpond Video, they show it.

LostDoggy
26-07-2010, 12:49 PM
All we've got from Barry is a headlock? Did you only see the one game and miss all the 15 others he's played?

AFL Goalkickers Total Statistics for Season 2010

Name Team Games Goals Behinds Score Marks Shots %

1. Jack Riewoldt Richmond 17 63 33 411 98 96 65.6

2. Barry Hall Western Bulldogs 16 58 27 375 103 85 68.2

3. Mark Lecras West Coast 16 53 23 341 78 76 69.7

I think gogriff may have meant like, somewhat bad or risky behavior seen from Baz.

Twodogs
26-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I think gogriff may have meant like, somewhat bad or risky behavior seen from Baz.

Yep, I think I misread that the first time around.

Sorry about that gogriff.

boydogs
27-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Yep, I think I misread that the first time around.

Sorry about that gogriff.

All good mate. Thanks Sophie