Mitch Hahn- Hamstring- Test
Eddie Prato - Quad - 1 weeks
Sam Reid - Shoulder - Season
Brennan Stack - Hamstring - 2 weeks
Shane Thorne - Knee - 5 weeks
Callan Ward - Hip - Test

comrade
26-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I mean no disrespect to Mitch Hahn, but I hope I don't see him play for the Bulldogs again this year.

We look so much more mobile and potent up forward without him floating around.

Rocco Jones
26-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I mean no disrespect to Mitch Hahn, but I hope I don't see him play for the Bulldogs again this year.

Yep.

No disrespect to Mitch but I hope I don't see him on the list again after this year.

bornadog
26-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Lets hope Ward is ok.

The Pie Man
27-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Lets hope Ward is ok.

Sounds like he'll miss this week with a hip flexor issue

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/business-as-usual-for-bulldogs/story-e6frf9jf-1225897573685

From the article :

Eade said young midfielder Callan Ward would miss Sunday's clash with a hip flexor injury, but in better news forward Mitch Hahn is ready to resume in the VFL.

Skipper Brad Johnson did not train today.

The Pie Man
27-07-2010, 05:47 PM

The Coon Dog
27-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Sounds like he'll miss this week with a hip flexor issue

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/business-as-usual-for-bulldogs/story-e6frf9jf-1225897573685

From the article :

Eade said young midfielder Callan Ward would miss Sunday's clash with a hip flexor injury, but in better news forward Mitch Hahn is ready to resume in the VFL.

Skipper Brad Johnson did not train today.

For the uneducated like myself, what's a hip flexor?

chef
27-07-2010, 06:36 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_flexors

Bumper Bulldogs
27-07-2010, 09:16 PM

Sounds like OP to me.

Bumper Bulldogs
27-07-2010, 09:18 PM

Are we as hard at it with out him around?

Do we need his bulk and mussel around the packs come finals time?

This said i think if he is fit and confident he could be handy to have as a back up, what is Jonno went down, he would have to be straight back in the side one would think.

Templeton31
27-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Sounds like OP to me.

no offense but I hope your wrong.

Bumper Bulldogs
27-07-2010, 09:22 PM
no offense but I hope your wrong.

I would be very pleased if that was the case. I think we really need him out their to get games under his belt in the lead up to the finals.

He looked so good in the NAB cup.

comrade
27-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Are we as hard at it with out him around?

Do we need his bulk and mussel around the packs come finals time?

This said i think if he is fit and confident he could be handy to have as a back up, what is Jonno went down, he would have to be straight back in the side one would think.

If Johnno goes down, Mitch could be a suitable replacement but I'd honestly prefer either Hill, Everitt or Eagleton.

Bumper Bulldogs
27-07-2010, 09:36 PM
If Johnno goes down, Mitch could be a suitable replacement but I'd honestly prefer either Hill, Everitt or Eagleton.

The benefit that Mitch has over them is the bulk and he shouldn't get pushed around and will put his head over the ball. Will the other 3 do this?

On the other hand the other 3 are quicker with Hill the possibility of doing anything, Eagle those racking long kicks and 150m runs, Everitt the flexibility of Ruck/Back/Wing/Forward.

Not sure which way to lean but against the Hawks/Cats/Saints. I would perhaps take Mitch in from of Eagle & Everitt with a toss of the coin between Hill/Mitch

comrade
27-07-2010, 09:45 PM
The benefit that Mitch has over them is the bulk and he shouldn't get pushed around and will put his head over the ball. Will the other 3 do this?

On the other hand the other 3 are quicker with Hill the possibility of doing anything, Eagle those racking long kicks and 150m runs, Everitt the flexibility of Ruck/Back/Wing/Forward.

Not sure which way to lean but against the Hawks/Cats/Saints. I would perhaps take Mitch in from of Eagle & Everitt with a toss of the coin between Hill/Mitch

We saw that in a tight final Mitch can be effective by throwing his bulk around and using his body to out mark an opponent (a good one in Goddard at that). I just think the game has gotten even faster this year and is reliant on speed and running depth - across the field.

Unfortunately for Mitch (and Johnno to an extent), the little mobility he had has declined. Combine that with Bazza taking his role in the forward line, and he's just another liability that would have the likes of Gilbert, Fisher, O'Brien, Maxwell etc licking their lips.

Rance Fan
27-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I thought Mitch was looking good in the preseason when he was fit and injury free...Anyone recall back that far?

comrade
27-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I thought Mitch was looking good in the preseason when he was fit and injury free...Anyone recall back that far?

He hasn't been the same since Bazza knocked the bejeezus out of him during the NAB Cup GF. A shame, because he was just about BOG up until that point.

Rance Fan
27-07-2010, 10:21 PM
He hasn't been the same since Bazza knocked the bejeezus out of him during the NAB Cup GF. A shame, because he was just about BOG up until that point.

Yes thats right!
Yeh so maybe this may be the ideal break for him, prior to leading into the finals.
Like Geelongs Max Rooke - i reckon you always need a good crash n bash player! :D

Doc26
27-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Unfortunately for Mitch (and Johnno to an extent), the little mobility he had has declined. Combine that with Bazza taking his role in the forward line, and he's just another liability that would have the likes of Gilbert, Fisher, O'Brien, Maxwell etc licking their lips.

Lesser men have been burnt at the stake for making such blasphemous claims :eek:.
Comrade you go were few Woofers fear tread.

Cyberdoggie
27-07-2010, 11:47 PM

I agree.

It looks to have affected his aggression and the way he plays across the forward line.

Cyberdoggie
27-07-2010, 11:49 PM
What about Shane Thorne the forgotten man.

Played 1 game and disslocated his knee.
From memory it was originally listed as a 10-12 week injury, but another 5 weeks before his return he'll be out for all but the last game.

bornadog
27-07-2010, 11:49 PM

Johnno is still quiet quick, although he doesn't look as flexible as he use to.

The Pie Man
28-07-2010, 10:50 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_flexors

Thanks chef - the only other response I could find besides 'I don't know' (i.e the truth) is it's a flexor of the hip...:o