PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Griffen off leash, but Dogs rest easy

The Coon Dog
27-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Mark Stevens - Herald Sun - 27 July

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/11/21/1225801/289611-ryan-griffen.jpg

EXPLOSIVE Western Bulldogs midfielder Ryan Griffen remains unsigned only five weeks before the finals.

With almost all the game's prized catches locked away, Griffen's value was highlighted by a devastating first half against Fremantle on Sunday.

There is strong speculation Essendon has been interested for several months, and the threat of Gold Coast always hovers, but Griffen's management group is adamant Dogs fans should not lose any sleep.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ryan-griffen-off-leash-but-dogs-rest-easy/story-e6frf9jf-1225897243028)

The Coon Dog
27-07-2010, 08:53 AM
It says this in the article:

Griffen was chosen by now Gold Coast head recruiter Scott Clayton, with pick No. 3 in the 2004 national draft, but the new club can land only one uncontracted player from Whitten Oval.

Industry sources continue to say Harbrow is all but over the line with the Suns. The positive in that is it means Griffen is safe.

I thought I read somewhere that GC17 could take an uncontracted player from a club but also snare a 2nd player from the same club via the National Draft, bearing in mind they have picks 1,2 & 3.

chef
27-07-2010, 09:04 AM
It says this in the article:

Griffen was chosen by now Gold Coast head recruiter Scott Clayton, with pick No. 3 in the 2004 national draft, but the new club can land only one uncontracted player from Whitten Oval.

Industry sources continue to say Harbrow is all but over the line with the Suns. The positive in that is it means Griffen is safe.

I thought I read somewhere that GC17 could take an uncontracted player from a club but also snare a 2nd player from the same club via the National Draft, bearing in mind they have picks 1,2 & 3.

They have already used two of those picks on Swallow and Bennell, they have pick 1 in the PSD too don't they TCD. There are a lot of worried Lions supporters on a different forum as they think GC are going to poach Brennan and Rischitelli(sign one for free and take the other with pick 1 in the PSD). For our sake I hope this happens, but then again I'm confident Griffen is not going anywhere(especially not to the Bombers).

LostDoggy
27-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Absolutely, definitely, NOT!!!! The boy is going nowhere:D

FrediKanoute
27-07-2010, 10:28 PM
All the more reason to shift deadwood off our list. Guys being paid well and not performing need to be moved along.....every penny saved is a penny towards keeping our stars.

KT31
27-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Not to sure but if memory serves me correct, after his fathers passing and the way the Dogs handled it I'm sure I read somewhere in an interview that Griff wanted to be a one club player.

Murphy'sLore
28-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Not to sure but if memory serves me correct, after his fathers passing and the way the Dogs handled it I'm sure I read somewhere in an interview that Griff wanted to be a one club player.

Wasn't that Gilbee?

noose bullies
29-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I was happy with ryan griffen game on the weekend and i know in my mine he will stay at the bulldogs