PDA

View Full Version : Brad Johnson Testimonial Lunch

The Coon Dog
28-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Celebrate a living legend

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images_bulldogs/BJT246x316a.jpg

From the club's website:

We are pleased to announce a very special event that will honour and celebrate the achievements of one of the Club’s living legends and current captain, Brad Johnson.

To mark his testimonial year, the Club will be holding a special lunch in Johnson’s honour at Crown Palladium on Sunday 15th August.

The lunch will see the crowd addressed by many who have played a role in Johnson’s career from his first football coach to current day team mates.

For more information or to secure your place at this one off event click here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/brad%20johnson%E2%80%99s%20testimonial%20lunch/tabid/16444/default.aspx)

The Coon Dog
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Bump!

Hope this gets a decent turn out.

comrade
04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm going with my step father and uncle - looking forward to it.

craigsahibee
09-08-2010, 08:02 PM
My wife bought me a ticket for father's day, but couldn't find anyone else to go with me. I'm bound to find someone there with a common interest.

BulldogBelle
15-08-2010, 06:17 PM
What an awesome event it was today, Brad Johnson you're a star!

Had the pleasure of sitting on the same table as Gaye Hamilton and her partner they were very good company and great conversationalists along with the other people on our table. Perfect viewing of the front stage.

Eade's table was directly infront of us and we had Gilbee, Williams and co sitting on the table next to us. Hudson, Cross, Boyd table wasn't too far away also.

Terry Wheeler went up on the podium and had a chat about Brad, sheesh that man hasn't aged a bit still looks the same.

Charlie Sutton was excellent as always, he and Brad share something very special and it was so evident.

James Hird was a laugh and told a story about how during one match against the Bombers that Sheedy told them to wipe the smile off Johnno's face so Hird, looked around at the tough men - Hardwick, Mark & Jason Johnson etc thinking one of them would iron out Johnno during the game none did...so Sheedy again mentioned it so Hird had a go and he was laughing that it was the only time in his career he had been suspended.

Luke Darcy jokingly mentioned that he rang Terry Wallace to ask him about speaking at the event but he didn't return his call ( quip about the article that Darce wrote) drew heaps of laughter.

Chris Grant talking about the relationship between Johnno and Smith also joked maybe Aker's article hit close to home ..more laughter.

Scotty West couldn't be there due to Melb playing today but sent a wonderful message, other opposition players also sent messages among them...Richo & Carey

All in all and excellent Testimonial luncheon - Johnno's book "Through and Through" will be released on Monday 27th September as part of our attendance today we also receive a free copy of this book and can pick it up from the club when the book is released...can't wait!

Smith also said it was true that he loved Johnno, brought the house down. It was an excellent day!

bornadog
15-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks BB for the update, I wish I could have gone.

BulldogBelle
15-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks BB for the update, I wish I could have gone.

No worries bornadog anytime - you would have thoroughly enjoyed it, it was a well planned event and approximately 650 people attended.

Super 27
15-08-2010, 06:42 PM
It sure was a great afternoon for a champ. I was lucky enough to win 2 raffle prizes. The first number Johnno pulled out of the barrel was 1954!!!

AndrewP6
15-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the report BB... good to read of the good vibes happening... thought it might've had a morgue-like atmosphere, with last night fresh in the mind...

craigsahibee
15-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Fantastic afternoon.

Teared up when Charlie was on stage.

I've said it in another thread, but I think Mr C Grant could easily step into the role of our next President, when he wants to. The world stops when he speaks, at least our world does!

Loved Rocket's reference to Lord Voldemort.

Well done to all involved.

The Adelaide Connection
17-08-2010, 12:33 AM
It sure was a great afternoon for a champ. I was lucky enough to win 2 raffle prizes. The first number Johnno pulled out of the barrel was 1954!!!

Please tell me that the second number was 2010... *crosses fingers*

LostDoggy
17-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Garry Lyon just said on Footy Classified, that Plough wasn't invited.

LostDoggy
17-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the great write up BB - wish I could have been there. Great way to honour a champion :)

chef
17-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks BB:)