http://player.video.news.com.au/heraldsun/#aOFs42CqsRGZlC0_dkFqqm8ekIDifM_L

LostDoggy
29-07-2010, 02:59 PM
What will it be on?

wb_age
29-07-2010, 03:03 PM
What will it be on?

The Herald Sun website from midnight.

Aker would make a decent actor based on the trailer.

LostDoggy
29-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Hopefully he will say some more vindictive rubbish. Which judging by last weekend we will come out snarling and tear north a new one

Flamethrower
29-07-2010, 08:18 PM
According to Robbo on SEN tonight, Aker doesn't miss anyone - hand grenades are thrown at everyone from Chris Grant to Bubba Smith, and Rodney Eade to Campbell Rose.

Every time he opens his mouth he justifies the club's decision.

G-Mo77
29-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I thought this troll was already under the bridge.

I guess the more he bangs on the worse it looks for him, the longer this goes on the more it makes the clubs decision such a good one.

Good riddance scum bag!!!!

EasternWest
29-07-2010, 08:36 PM
According to Robbo on SEN tonight, Aker doesn't miss anyone - hand grenades are thrown at everyone from Chris Grant to Bubba Smith, and Rodney Eade to Campbell Rose.

Decide for yourself which names in bold are men of integrity. For mine, I don't really care what Aker says.

I wish it hadn't ended as it did, but it has and now he's just an ex-player with an axe to grind. Big deal (yes, I'll still read it).

chef
29-07-2010, 08:53 PM
What a wanker. A sad little man whose only future is to replace Newman as the joke on TFS. I for one wish we had never touched this turd in the first place:mad::(:mad::(

LostDoggy
29-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Decide for yourself which names in bold are men of integrity. For mine, I don't really care what Aker says.

I wish it hadn't ended as it did, but it has and now he's just an ex-player with an axe to grind. Big deal (yes, I'll still read it).

Have to agree dfa4pm - every time Aker sits down to change his feet in his mouth, more dribble just comes out. I've already made my feelings known - it was tough to see his career end in this way, but you reap what you sow, and as others have said, the more he goes on and on, the better we look as a club!

mighty_west
29-07-2010, 10:13 PM

Spot on.

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 01:00 AM

Agree with this.

What a wanker. A sad little man whose only future is to replace Newman as the joke on TFS. I for one wish we had never touched this turd in the first place:mad::(:mad::(

But not with the last part of this. Good riddance now, yes, but up until this year his contribution to the club was well worth it. Even now the damage is limited and any ill effects are limited and diminishing. Until we were interested in him, what did we hear from Aker weeks after he left the lions? It will be even less now. Bye Aker, shut the #$%$ up but thanks for everything else.

The Coon Dog
30-07-2010, 03:22 AM
I don't care if I'm not liked: Jason Akermanis

Link (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?p=167529#post167529)

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 10:25 AM
I can actually see Akers side of the story. From his point if view, he does his job as well if not better than anyone and he hasn't broken any laws or done anything abhorable to society. So
why all the fuss? The other he doesn't get is that your job is bigger than what happens on the field. Just like in any workplace, your job includes how helpful you are to others, how you treat you peers, juniors and seniors. How well you get along with them and support them
in their growth and success. I've seen plenty of people retrenched and sacked not because they couldn't deliver but just simply because no one liked them and refused to work with them.

Mofra
30-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I can actually see Akers side of the story. From his point if view, he does his job as well if not better than anyone and he hasn't broken any laws or done anything abhorable to society. So
why all the fuss? The other he doesn't get is that your job is bigger than what happens on the field. Just like in any workplace, your job includes how helpful you are to others, how you treat you peers, juniors and seniors. How well you get along with them and support them
in their growth and success. I've seen plenty of people retrenched and sacked not because they couldn't deliver but just simply because no one liked them and refused to work with them.
I have always worked in environments where there are standards that must be adhered to that go further than common law.
If an employee lies, puts the company in a bad light and refuses to take direction, that is a sackable offence in any business - not just AFL football.

The fact that Aker still thinks everyone is wrong and he is right does not make the club's position incorrect.

Desipura
30-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I can actually see Akers side of the story. From his point if view, he does his job as well if not better than anyone and he hasn't broken any laws or done anything abhorable to society.

He did not does, had not done his job well at any stage this season.

Mantis
30-07-2010, 11:27 AM
He did not does, had not done his job well at any stage this season.

But his hamstrings were stuffed and we were forcing him to play injured so he couldn't show his true worth. ;)

Desipura
30-07-2010, 11:58 AM
But his hamstrings were stuffed and we were forcing him to play injured so he couldn't show his true worth. ;)
In other words we were forcing him to retire. Which I agree with.
I was telling a mate when this happened that it is no different to organisations that I have worked for, where they put pressure on the employees to resign. This was a cost benefit to them.
When they would not, they had no other choice but to give them redundancy pay outs.

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't care if I'm not liked: Jason Akermanis

Link (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?p=167529#post167529)

I don't think he does himself any favors in this interview. He sounds like a petulant child, everyone else is wrong and they don't know what their talking about. Well grilled by robo. Sad by aker.

Cyberdoggie
30-07-2010, 01:46 PM
The little bit of sympathy he got out of this is quickly sliding away the more he opens his mouth. Pretty soon i don't think anyone will want to employ him. He'll end up like Jacko and Capper and doing the sportsmans nights with Chopper Reid.

turtle
30-07-2010, 02:49 PM

Perfectly said!

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Perfectly said!

I hope Aker will mature and realise the the world is bigger than him.
Then come back to the club one day in a humble and reconciliatory fashion allowing us to celebrate his onfield deeds and forgive his off field ones. (or is this asking too much?)

Ghost Dog
30-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Then come back to the club one day in a humble and reconciliatory fashion allowing us to celebrate his onfield deeds and forgive his off field ones. (or is this asking too much?)

Nice post. Yeah, Libba came back to the fold. He wore the jumper. Hope he can see some sense and mend bridges.

G-Mo77
30-07-2010, 04:48 PM

That won't happen at Brisbane, a team he won 3 flags and a brownlow while playing there. I really don't like the chances of a reconciliation at the Bulldogs any time down the track either.

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 04:57 PM
I hope he keeps potting the players and the club all the way to the finals. It can be only inspirational to our players to stick it up him like last week. Then again Aker would probably take the credit

Remi Moses
30-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Enough rope (not the Denton show) and he will hang himself! Gets lots of love on the idiot show. Caught about 2 minutes of the show and shock horror the botoxed twat is interviewing in Broady! How fresh and unique is that show:rolleyes:

Desipura
31-07-2010, 12:24 PM
It wont happen, especially when the book is released during preliminary final week. If you think he has bagged the club now, I think there is alot more to come. He will do anything to get a headline not caring one iota about how it could disrupt our finals campaign.
The guy wants revenge, he is a very immature man who is self obsorbed in everything he does.
They asked him on "befroe the bounce" his favourite footy moments, they were all his individual goals, no mention of the premierships and his teammates.
Is it any wonder why Leppitsch did not attend his wedding? If as Aker has reported it is because he thought he did not deserve to win the brownlow, who could really argue with Leppa?
A spoilt child who is an adult only in age.

Bulldog4life
31-07-2010, 01:02 PM
It wont happen, especially when the book is released during preliminary final week. If you think he has bagged the club now, I think there is alot more to come. He will do anything to get a headline not caring one iota about how it could disrupt our finals campaign.
The guy wants revenge, he is a very immature man who is self obsorbed in everything he does.
They asked him on "befroe the bounce" his favourite footy moments, they were all his individual goals, no mention of the premierships and his teammates.
Is it any wonder why Leppitsch did not attend his wedding? If as Aker has reported it is because he thought he did not deserve to win the brownlow, who could really argue with Leppa?

I heard Leigh Mathews tell the real story. Apparently in 2001 Aker started doing Sportsman nights with none other than Mark Jackson. In Leigh's words that was where his dumb jokes started. He used Leppitsch constantly as the butt of his jokes. As Matthews said how dumb can you get using one of your own teammates as the fall guy. Naturally Leppa wasn't happy.

Ghost Dog
31-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Did anyone read some of his comments and think " that makes no sense at all" ?

Not sure, but at times the things he says make no sense, contradictory statements, that leave one with the impression that there is some kind of developmental issues there or complex. In short, his mind is wired in a unique way.

I don't hate him, and he really has not harmed us much at all in the long run. If anything, he helped us with memberships and drawing publicity to the club. We got good return for our investment. On the field, one of the greats of the game.

But at the end of the day, just not professional enough. His comments that what you do outside the club shouldn't matter show straight away why he is so out of touch. He courted two camps at once, the club and the media, and got stuck in the middle. Why the hell would you go on a comedy tour with Jackson of all people?? If any employee in any workplace caused disruption by outside commitments, they would come under fire.
His own greed led him to this.

Sorry Jason, no sympathy. Live by the microphone, die by the microphone.

LostDoggy
01-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Did anyone read some of his comments and think " that makes no sense at all" ?

Not sure, but at times the things he says make no sense, contradictory statements, that leave one with the impression that there is some kind of developmental issues there or complex. In short, his mind is wired in a unique way.

I don't hate him, and he really has not harmed us much at all in the long run. If anything, he helped us with memberships and drawing publicity to the club. We got good return for our investment. On the field, one of the greats of the game.

I think you have hit the nail on the head GD. He was one of our best players last year particularly early on.

Twodogs
01-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Enough rope (not the Denton show)

Actually I'd love to see Denton interview Aker. Denton is the type of interviewer who wouldnt let Aker fly off on tangents and who could get to the bottom of what went on.

That'd be awesome TV.

The Doctor
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM
As the football world starts to turn away from Aker and realise we were probably right to let him go I would not be at all surprised to see Aker throw more vitriol at us in an effort to justify himself or to get back in the spotlight. This would most likely come in the lead up to a big game where there will be pleanty of attention.

I hope the boys are prepared. Just in case.

Stefcep
03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I loved the guy playing for us. I remember an interview with Cooney, when Cooney said Aker's advice on how to handle being tagged all day really helped him mature as a player. And I'd say it would have been good for players like Higgins, Ward Harbrow to play alongside a player they would have watched as kids win premierships and a Brownlow. He more than paid his way on the field, and was a good marketing tool for us.

IMO Aker bears most of the guilt for how its panned out, but I don't see the club as being 100% innocent either. What's happening now is disappointing.

Stefcep
03-08-2010, 02:43 PM
oops

mighty_west
03-08-2010, 05:12 PM
I loved the guy playing for us. I remember an interview with Cooney, when Cooney said Aker's advice on how to handle being tagged all day really helped him mature as a player. And I'd say it would have been good for players like Higgins, Ward Harbrow to play alongside a player they would have watched as kids win premierships and a Brownlow. He more than paid his way on the field, and was a good marketing tool for us.

IMO Aker bears most of the guilt for how its panned out, but I don't see the club as being 100% innocent either. What's happening now is disappointing.

I was also a big Aker fan, was over the moon when he chose our club, to have a player of his status actually want to play for the Scray, usually it was the other way around, especially in the 70's, even Rawlings came here kicking & sreaming...anyway

When a player continually breaks company rules, as minor as some may have been, they just all seem to add up, a bit like a broken marriage i guess, a dozen small issues start become a major one, and something had to give, and it was Aker, could you imagine all the crap he would have put the club through had he have been kept by the club, coming into another big finals series, and not being selected for whatever reasons, his form had taken a massive nosedive this year, 2 goals from 9 games etc, he was never a certaintly anyway, and overall his finals form for the Dogs was never that flash anyway.

The only thing the club should have done [in hindsight] was to say Aker, thanks for your time at the end of last season, but instead the club offered him what was left of the cap after giving Lake a well earn't payrise, even though Aker keeps insisting that he took a massive paycut for the club [playing the victim well]...Eagleton took a big paycut, not Aker.

Another playing the victim example, which Gia discribed the goings on with Leading Teams last night on OWAAT, EVERY player goes through it, even the captain, even the coach, yet Aker continually went on about "THEY PUT ME IN FRONT OF THE GROUP, me Akermanis who has won 3 Premierships & a Brownlow blah blah blah.

To Aker, it was all on field, in this day & age, it is so much more than that, given the amounts of media these days, sponsorship for clubs etc etc, he couldn't care less what his team mates do off field, he said so himself, sponsors have pulled out of deals from dodgy going's on from players from certain clubs, he is stuck in his own timewarp.

He just had to go, plain & simple.

LostDoggy
03-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Nice post. Yeah, Libba came back to the fold. He wore the jumper. Hope he can see some sense and mend bridges.

Absolutely. Aker wore the jumper, and put the effort in on the field. He is misguided, sure, but shouldn't be vilified by those of us who've never worn it.

It's quite obvious you've got an axe to grind, but I almost agree with Aker on this one. We cannot have our cake and eat it too. We could have forestalled the book by not sacking him. We chose to sever ties. We can't ask now that he tows the party line.

I don't think it will be that big a deal.

Yep. He gave us more than just the stats he tallied on the park.

I was also a big Aker fan, was over the moon when he chose our club, to have a player of his status actually want to play for the Scray, usually it was the other way around, especially in the 70's, even Rawlings came here kicking & sreaming...anyway

When a player continually breaks company rules, as minor as some may have been, they just all seem to add up, a bit like a broken marriage i guess, a dozen small issues start become a major one, and something had to give, and it was Aker, could you imagine all the crap he would have put the club through had he have been kept by the club, coming into another big finals series, and not being selected for whatever reasons, his form had taken a massive nosedive this year, 2 goals from 9 games etc, he was never a certaintly anyway, and overall his finals form for the Dogs was never that flash anyway.

The only thing the club should have done [in hindsight] was to say Aker, thanks for your time at the end of last season, but instead the club offered him what was left of the cap after giving Lake a well earn't payrise, even though Aker keeps insisting that he took a massive paycut for the club [playing the victim well]...Eagleton took a big paycut, not Aker.

Another playing the victim example, which Gia discribed the goings on with Leading Teams last night on OWAAT, EVERY player goes through it, even the captain, even the coach, yet Aker continually went on about "THEY PUT ME IN FRONT OF THE GROUP, me Akermanis who has won 3 Premierships & a Brownlow blah blah blah.

To Aker, it was all on field, in this day & age, it is so much more than that, given the amounts of media these days, sponsorship for clubs etc etc, he couldn't care less what his team mates do off field, he said so himself, sponsors have pulled out of deals from dodgy going's on from players from certain clubs, he is stuck in his own timewarp.

He just had to go, plain & simple.

I agree with his sacking. I agree the club has done the right thing. On some things, I agree with Aker. In the end, I couldn't give two shits about it. What I DO want to see is both parties going our own way, respectfully and with consideration for the other. Aker's only income now is his opinion, unless he has a civil engineering degree stashed down his shorts. Therefore he's likely to give it, and likely to be honest and direct. In fact, I've always admired him for that.

We cannot have it both ways.

Desipura
04-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Absolutely. It's quite obvious you've got an axe to grind, but I almost agree with Aker on this one. We cannot have our cake and eat it too. We could have forestalled the book by not sacking him. We chose to sever ties. We can't ask now that he tows the party line.
Not sack him and allow him to rot away at Williamstown? We did not believe his best was good enough. Therefore he would have been playing at Willi and bagging us. Or did we have to play him at the Dogs so he keeps quiet? Holding the club to ransom.

I loved Aker as a player, he was an absolute champion.
He did alot for the promotion of our club just by having him on our list.

I have waited for 32 years to see a premiership, going week in week out rain hail or shine.
Any player that can potentially stuff up our premiership chances (you dont get many opportunities) is going to pi$$ me off, no doubt.
There have been many ex players get the sack yet only one has come out and used the media to bag us, and will continue to do it during preliminary final week as it will do wonders for the promotion of his book during this time. (Its not like he wont sell a heap)

Murphy'sLore
04-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Aker was my six year old's favourite player. Today she asked me if Aker still barracks for the Bulldogs. I said probably not. :rolleyes:

She wanted to know why he'd left and I explained as best I could (he told fibs, couldn't keep secrets when they asked him to etc). She thought for a minute, then she said, "Maybe they could have put sticky-tape on his mouth and tied his arms and legs up?" But we agreed he probably wouldn't have liked that much.

LostDoggy
04-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Aker was my six year old's favourite player. Today she asked me if Aker still barracks for the Bulldogs. I said probably not. :rolleyes:

She wanted to know why he'd left and I explained as best I could (he told fibs, couldn't keep secrets when they asked him to etc). She thought for a minute, then she said, "Maybe they could have put sticky-tape on his mouth and tied his arms and legs up?" But we agreed he probably wouldn't have liked that much.

Gotta love the way kids think. :D

mighty_west
04-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Not sack him and allow him to rot away at Williamstown? We did not believe his best was good enough. Therefore he would have been playing at Willi and bagging us. Or did we have to play him at the Dogs so he keeps quiet? Holding the club to ransom.

I loved Aker as a player, he was an absolute champion.
He did alot for the promotion of our club just by having him on our list.

I have waited for 32 years to see a premiership, going week in week out rain hail or shine.
Any player that can potentially stuff up our premiership chances (you dont get many opportunities) is going to pi$$ me off, no doubt.
There have been many ex players get the sack yet only one has come out and used the media to bag us, and will continue to do it during preliminary final week as it will do wonders for the promotion of his book during this time. (Its not like he wont sell a heap)

That is the way i see it all, and like what Leigh Matthews said, once he wasn't going to help win you a Premiership, you get rid of him, pretty much spot on.