PDA

View Full Version : I don't care if I'm not liked: Jason Akermanis

The Coon Dog
30-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Mark Robinson - Herald sun - 30 July

IN the world of Jason Akermanis, he believes he gave up more than any other Western Bulldog, that they asked him to give up more and more, until he said, "Guys, it's got to stop." And he was out the door.

MARK ROBINSON: I don't understand superstardom and I get the impression you don't understand normality. Is that fair comment?

JASON AKERMANIS: No. The fact you play football doesn't excuse you from following the law, making sure you do the right things, making sure you work hard, making sure the football, which you are hired to do, is what is judged - not words, not stuff in a newspaper, not what someone else says about me.

In the end, I couldn't give a stuff if I was liked. But if in my football career I'm not respected for what I did then I would have a problem.

Has life got to the stage where it's more than what you do on the field?

Good people, good leadership, means that you accept.

When I write a gay column the club says we accept gays, we accept everyone. But don't be a little different. Don't have a job in the media and don't talk about issues.

You can't do that because we don't accept that, but they'll accept gays.

But they don't accept Jason Akermanis?

Apparently not. Apparently my hair colour was too individual.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/i-dont-care-if-im-not-liked-jason-akermanis/story-e6frf9jf-1225898727603)

chef
30-07-2010, 07:47 AM
What a selfish little prick and what a pile of crap.

It's never your fault is it Jason:rolleyes:

bornadog
30-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Still doesn't get it.

Mantis
30-07-2010, 10:03 AM
There is also an extra bit in the paper that talks about the release date of the book.

After saying just last the week that his book was just notes and was know where near ready we find that it will be released shortly. The release date is likely to be September 17th which is preliminary finals weekend.

Robbo probed Aker on why he would release the book at this stage especially when his former club would in all likelihood be playing in a PF and the fallout from the books release could bring undue pressure on the team/ club. Aker replied that he had been sacked by this club so doesn't really care about the fallout and wanted to release the book when footy was still at the forefront of everyone's mind.

Aker is backing himself into a corner and is fast losing any remaining respect or credibility he had, but I doubt that a selfish, narcissistic oxygen thief like he is would care, and going by the title of the article he doesn't.

Throughandthrough
30-07-2010, 10:29 AM
A week ago i used to try and work out when he was bullsh*tting, now i try and work out which bits are actually true.

Also 'we are in this together, aren't we Boydy"

.....hanging up noise at other end of phone

The Underdog
30-07-2010, 10:33 AM
"They haven't got the right to sit in a big group and say give up media. They said give up media and show us we can trust you.

They wanted me to give up my life, my livelihood, my future for my family, because they have a couple of problems with some words. "

"When you buy into a footy club, don't you buy into everything?

Just because you buy into a footy club, you don't have to sell your soul. No way.

I gave up the handstand for that group, I gave up $250,000 and then they wanted me to give up media. The last time I looked I had given up more than anyone in that group.

And then they ask me to give up more and more and more and I said, guys, it's got to stop."

Denial- not just a river in Egypt.

The Coon Dog
30-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Interesting how often he says such & such isn't qualified to comment. Never stopped Aker before. :rolleyes:

Doc26
30-07-2010, 11:10 AM
And now he's desperately trying to get some credibility by dumping Dale into his bile. Aker's selfishness would appear to have no boundaries extending now to how he treats his so called new best friend for life. I wonder what Dale makes of this latest article.

Desipura
30-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Interesting how often he says such & such isn't qualified to comment. Never stopped Aker before. :rolleyes:
Ahh I have been waiting for a comment/opinion, finally got one. :D

ledge
30-07-2010, 11:50 AM
And now he's desperately trying to get some credibility by dumping Dale into his bile. Aker's selfishness would appear to have no boundaries extending now to how he treats his so called new best friend for life. I wonder what Dale makes of this latest article.

I agree , yet not one player has said a word about him.
Keep dobbing in your mates then say , Oh what did i do wrong to him, why didnt he come to me and tell me "

In all this I hope the players and Dale are not divided by these stories.
Its putting Dale in a wierd position.

Mantis
30-07-2010, 12:31 PM
In all this I hope the players and Dale are not divided by these stories.
Its putting Dale in a wierd position.

It's putting Dale in a terrible position. I hope that Aker at least contacted Dale to let him know that he would be spoken about in this fashion because that would be the decent thing to do.

Something like - Look Dale, Robbo asked me these questions and I put your name down as a bit of a 'reference', is that ok? If it isn't I will ring Robbo and make him remove it.

Likely scenario?

comrade
30-07-2010, 12:39 PM
It's putting Dale in a terrible position. I hope that Aker at least contacted Dale to let him know that he would be spoken about in this fashion because that would be the decent thing to do.

Something like - Look Dale, Robbo asked me these questions and I put your name down as a bit of a 'reference', is that ok? If it isn't I will ring Robbo and make him remove it.

Likely scenario?

Yeah, just like he would have said to the ex-teammate - "Look, I'm going on TFS and I'm going to tell the country that I've got a text message saying you're with me and that the only reason you haven't stood up is because you're out of contract. All good?".

Grantysghost
30-07-2010, 12:43 PM
"I mean, Leigh Matthews, talking about something that happened four years ago, goes out and says I'm a pain in the a---.

He hasn't spoken to me about this situation, doesn't know my side of things, but he's happy to go on record. These guys are not qualified to tell people what I am, who I am, what I do ... yet we listen to them."

But he is qualified to talk about Michael Voss' coaching and the Brisbane Lions although he hasn't been there for 5 years??! Wow he is digging himself deeper and deeper, quit while your not so far behind...

Sockeye Salmon
30-07-2010, 12:55 PM
They wanted me to give up my life, my livelihood, my future for my family, because they have a couple of problems with some words. "

This bit keeps getting trotted out.

We didn't force you to take a pay cut, you were out of contract. We gave you another $200K by letting you extend your playing career by another year. We were under no obligation to offer you another $450K.

That extra $200K could have been offered to Jarrod Harbrow to extend his contract by another year.

Cyberdoggie
30-07-2010, 01:20 PM

Time to find a new bestie! :p

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 01:33 PM
How does that song go? Nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, wave good bye!!!

Sedat
30-07-2010, 01:36 PM
That's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get. Was nothing more than an ad for the book.

He will never understsnd what the underlying problem is, that is why he keeps repeating himself about not being a drug addict or a sex addict.

Just as I hoped, Aker has taken the bait and continued to erode his ever dimishing credibility. The Dogs have said nothing for 7 days now and have clearly moved on. It seems that Aker doesn't like being yesterday's news, fish and chip paper, so of course he enlists the help of his print media employer to buy some profile. Meh, this article will give him a 1-2 day leg-up in the media but he really is irrelevant news in the football world between now and the finals. Of course there will be a little spike when the book comes out - bring it on, by then his credibility will be completely shot to ribbons.

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 03:03 PM
There is also an extra bit in the paper that talks about the release date of the book.

After saying just last the week that his book was just notes and was know where near ready we find that it will be released shortly. The release date is likely to be September 17th which is preliminary finals weekend.

Robbo probed Aker on why he would release the book at this stage especially when his former club would in all likelihood be playing in a PF and the fallout from the books release could bring undue pressure on the team/ club. Aker replied that he had been sacked by this club so doesn't really care about the fallout and wanted to release the book when footy was still at the forefront of everyone's mind.

Aker is backing himself into a corner and is fast losing any remaining respect or credibility he had, but I doubt that a selfish, narcissistic oxygen thief like he is would care, and going by the title of the article he doesn't.
Not being in the publishing game, can't say for sure but I would think yiou can't have just some notes turned into a book in that amount of time, another lie. I always defended Aker in the past saying his only problem was he spoke the truth and a lot of what he has said in the past I agreed with. eg. it would be hard for a gay footballer to come out, which I'm sure it would. This time he has just told lie after lie, he has lost me. What a shame, if he had of toed the line he would have retired and a people would have had fond memories of him.

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 04:08 PM

Likely scenario?

Unlike Aker, Dale Morris has worked his way up through the club, and earnt the respect of team mates and coaches (and the fans, of course). He is a decent, honest man and I reckon he'd make a good friend to anybody, not just Aker. I'm sure the playing group would have Dale no other way, and thus they must accept it if he is truly a supporter for Aker. My opinion, I don't think they'd mind one single bit, as he hasn't uttered a word about it in public. Dale has a lot he could teach Jason.

That's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get. Was nothing more than an ad for the book.

He will never understsnd what the underlying problem is, that is why he keeps repeating himself about not being a drug addict or a sex addict.

Just as I hoped, Aker has taken the bait and continued to erode his ever dimishing credibility. The Dogs have said nothing for 7 days now and have clearly moved on. It seems that Aker doesn't like being yesterday's news, fish and chip paper, so of course he enlists the help of his print media employer to buy some profile. Meh, this article will give him a 1-2 day leg-up in the media but he really is irrelevant news in the football world between now and the finals. Of course there will be a little spike when the book comes out - bring it on, by then his credibility will be completely shot to ribbons.

If the playing group responds to the book the way they responded to his sacking, and he wants to release it on Preliminary Final Day, I'll stand out the front of the MCG and sell copies myself.

Ghost Dog
30-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I don't think the playing group will have a problem with Dale being a friend of Jason.

We are so focused now and I am dead sure nobody cares to even mention Aker now.

If I were him I would just forget it. Dragging over it won't help anything.
I for one, don't think any less of Dale.

Scraggers
30-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Who will buy the book now ??? Media outlets I presume so that they can take contraversial quotes and smear them across our screens. It definitely wont be Brisbane or Bulldog supporters :rolleyes:

ledge
30-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Wait until he starts coming out with dirty stories about journalists then he will lose that job too.
Working as a team and not revealing your sources are 2 major things of being a journalist, both of these Aker cant do.

LostDoggy
30-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Still doesn't get it.

Was thinking this myself, have a nice life Aker.

AndrewP6
30-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Who will buy the book now ??? Media outlets I presume so that they can take contraversial quotes and smear them across our screens. It definitely wont be Brisbane or Bulldog supporters :rolleyes:

I will.

LostDoggy
31-07-2010, 10:10 PM
I might be a "Loud Mouth Shnook"
But Forgive me, I have always been an "AKA" fan.
However NO MORE
Aka was a great player of the game, and at times a fantastic player for us, But for what he has said about some of our GREATEST SONS.
I hope your media career lasts as long as your career with us