PDA

View Full Version : Round 19 - Ins and Outs

bornadog
02-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Harbrow and Ward to come back in if fit - who ever goes out will be very unlucky.

Is it time to rest Hudson and go with Roughead and Minson, or wait another week or so?

Did Everitt do enough to hold his spot?

Raw Toast
02-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Harbrow and Ward to come back in if fit - who ever goes out will be very unlucky.

Is it time to rest Hudson and go with Roughead and Minson, or wait another week or so?

Did Everitt do enough to hold his spot?

Good to have these issues of course (be nice to have more of them as well!). I think Jones will go - he worked hard and will hopefully benefit from the taste of it. The second spot is harder. I'd drop Moles who only worked into the game in the last quarter, and keep Everitt.

AndrewP6
02-08-2010, 12:24 AM
For mine: IN Harbrow OUT Everitt. Just didn't do enough in my book. To me, Moles offers more, is harder at it and has more impact.

Not sure on Ward's fitness, but he'd have to come back if fit.

Dry Rot
02-08-2010, 12:40 AM
What if neither Ward or Harbrow are fit?

Dry Rot
02-08-2010, 12:40 AM
For mine: IN Harbrow OUT Everitt. Just didn't do enough in my book. To me, Moles offers more, is harder at it and has more impact.

Agree with that. I'm not a real big fan of Everitt.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 04:14 AM
So you think that Jones deserves another game? I would have...

In: Harbrow, Ward
Out: Jones, Everitt

always right
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I reckon Ward will have another week. No ned to take risks at this time of year. Let's get him back for the Geelong game to match up on Selwood.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 01:30 PM
In: Minson, Ward, Harbrow
Out: Hudson(Rest him instead of travelling), Jones, Moles (unlucky, hasn't done much wrong, MC will probably drop Everitt)

Desipura
02-08-2010, 01:44 PM
In: Harbrow
Out: Everitt

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
One change...in Harbrow out Jones.....i thought Everitt was great in the second half...kept presenting and was thrown about abit, CHF then full back.

comrade
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
One from left field:

OUT: Hudson, Roughy

IN: Minson, Harbrow

Obviously, it relies on Minno being 100% right to ruck the majority of the game, with support from Everitt and Williams.

If Ward is ready, he replaces Jones.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
In: Harbrow, Minson
Out: Hudson (rest), Everitt (looked OK, but didn't do enough)

Jones should get another week, would be great reward for a good game, and chance to travel and bond with the team.

The Underdog
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Looking at Minson on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised if he needs another week in the VFL for fitness as much as anything.

I'd say Harbrow in for Jones and if he's fit then Ward in for Everitt.

Any chance we rest Johnno at all in the next 4 weeks?

The Coon Dog
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Any chance we rest Johnno at all in the next 4 weeks?
Doubtful. The medical staff think he needs to get 'work into' his achilies.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM

Same thoughts here AndrewP6 - I find myself holding my breath every time Everitt gets near the ball. Not sure why really? He just doesn't instill confidence - maybe I'm being too tough?

Bulldog Revolution
02-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Do we need to take a smaller team to AAMI because it is a bigger ground?

Mantis
02-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I would be looking at bringing Eagleton in this week. He always plays well at Feral Park.

robb
02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Same thoughts here AndrewP6 - I find myself holding my breath every time Everitt gets near the ball. Not sure why really? He just doesn't instill confidence - maybe I'm being too tough?

We used to say that about lake.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 03:34 PM
In: Harbrow
Out: Everitt

Why Everitt and not Jones? I thought Everitt was far better than Jones. Understandably his first game and he will be a gun.

Desipura
02-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Why Everitt and not Jones? I thought Everitt was far better than Jones. Understandably his first game and he will be a gun.
I think his 2nd game will be much better than his first. I thought he did very little wrong when he got the ball and deserves another game.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I think his 2nd game will be much better than his first. I thought he did very little wrong when he got the ball and deserves another game.

Fair enough. I would go the other way myself but your logic has merit. I see Jones becoming a regular next year but Everitt will be a contender for finals selection this year.

Jasper
02-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Couldn't Disagree more, Moles had 20 at 65% and Everitt had 19 at 79%. Everitt had more inside 50 than everyone but Boyd and more score assists than anyone on the ground.

Out: Moles, jones

In: Harbrow, ward(if fit)

Sockeye Salmon
02-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Even if Ward is fit, why does everyone think he should walk straight back in? He was hardly setting the world on fire before he was injured.

Rocco Jones
02-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Even if Ward is fit, why does everyone think he should walk straight back in? He was hardly setting the world on fire before he was injured.

Totally agree SS, he was struggling pre injury and our side is looking great at the moment. A game or two at Willy could be good for his fitness and form.

On Dre- I would be looking for reasons to play him rather than reasons to drop him as I really rate his upside.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I really want to see Everitt remain in the side, i thought he was good on Sunday and i think his upside is great. He made a couple of blues but he almost kicked a great goal from 60 out and was a good target on the wing most of the game. Confidence is his key and game time will only make him better.

Jones was good for a first game should have had two (stupid ump) but im sure the MC was doing the old give him a game to make him work harder in preseason trick.

Moles to me is the weakest link, was great last week but went missing a bit Sunday. I think Ward is a better option so he would come back in for mine.

In - Harbrow, Ward
Out - Jones, Moles

always right
02-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Because he's an integral part of our side and would benefit more from gametime with the seniors than the VFL side....IMO.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Agree, probably the only change i would make.

Minson for Roughy should probably also get a mention.

Sockeye Salmon
02-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Because he's an integral part of our side and would benefit more from gametime with the seniors than the VFL side....IMO.

That would be Higgins.

Ward is a talented kid who's missed too much footy this year.

Ozza
02-08-2010, 07:19 PM

Understand what you are saying - he wasn't burning - but we play better when Ward is in the side. I don't know whether its his hardness - as a really big bodied mid who crashes through - or something about him lifts the group - but I feel like we are a better side with Ward in the team.

Ozza
02-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I've been in Everitt's corner so far this year - but I thought he was very ordinary yesterday. I worry that he seriously lacks the footy smarts to realise the potential of his natural assets.

comrade
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
I've been in Everitt's corner so far this year - but I thought he was very ordinary yesterday. I worry that he seriously lacks the footy smarts to realise the potential of his natural assets.

Second in inside 50s and the most scoring assists means he had a fairly decent day at the office. I'd much prefer him patrolling the arc than Mitch Hahn or even Josh Hill.

I don't think he lacks footy smarts, just intensity/confidence. Not sure which is worse to be honest.

AndrewP6
02-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Couldn't Disagree more, Moles had 20 at 65% and Everitt had 19 at 79%. Everitt had more inside 50 than everyone but Boyd and more score assists than anyone on the ground.

Fair enough, I honestly can say I didn't notice him much. He sits back when the ball is there to be won, and Moles goes in hard.

Maybe he needs a new hairstyle or something. A goatee, even. ;)

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 08:37 PM

After watching the game again Everitts game wasnt too bad.. still learning

LostDoggy
03-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Dre lacks because he lacks game time. He needs to string a few games together and I'm sure it will change a lot of the negative perceptions some people have of him.

Desipura
03-08-2010, 08:49 AM
I would be looking at bringing Eagleton in this week. He always plays well at Feral Park.
Did that hurt?:D

Mantis
03-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Did that hurt?:D

No, but thanks for asking.

Eagleton has made a living out of playing well on big grounds when the opposition allow him space, which Adelaide are likely to do.

Barring any major injuries this would be the last game I would play Eagleton in.

Desipura
03-08-2010, 09:55 AM
No, but thanks for asking.

Eagleton has made a living out of playing well on big grounds when the opposition allow him space, which Adelaide are likely to do.

Barring any major injuries this would be the last game I would play Eagleton in.
Your welcome, I see some merit in bringing him in, but hope the MC dont go down that path.

Go_Dogs
03-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Second in inside 50s and the most scoring assists means he had a fairly decent day at the office. I'd much prefer him patrolling the arc than Mitch Hahn or even Josh Hill.

I don't think he lacks footy smarts, just intensity/confidence. Not sure which is worse to be honest.

Agreed. Thought he demonstrated that he's quite capable playing a lead up role in the forward half, and his ball use was generally very good - it's a shame he missed that long goal, because it would've capped a solid performance in my book.

DOG GOD
03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Harbrow and Ward would have to be 100% to be considered for mine. From what i saw i thought Everitt did some good things, and although Moles can butcher the ball at times, his hardness is second to none.

So with that said, i would almost go in unchanged.

I dont see the point in bringing in Jones and then dropping him, so he gets another gig.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Doubtful. The medical staff think he needs to get 'work into' his achilies.

Isn't there a microchip for that?

BornInDroopSt'54
03-08-2010, 01:13 PM

Great news about Everitt. I'm prejudiced against him because his brother was a bonehead but I thought he looked like he belonged on Sunday, poised and knew how to think his way through and execute..Prejudices are always good to get rid of.

OLD SCRAGGer
03-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Heard a rumour sunday that Ward is out for season :eek: (Hope to goodness that's wrong), ONLY change for me is Harbrow IN if fit...and Out ??? IMO no-one desreves to be dropped, glad I'm not on selection panel:)

craigsahibee
07-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Higgin's is out with a virus. Same virus that Harbrow had last week which kept him out of the team but enabled him to mingle in the rooms after the game. ;-)

Mantis
07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Higgin's is out with a virus. Same virus that Harbrow had last week which kept him out of the team but enabled him to mingle in the rooms after the game. ;-)

Higgins didn't train on Wednesday and my mail was that he was feeling pretty crap.

divvydan
08-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Higgins didn't train Wednesday but he did wander over and help out a bit and at the same time drink from the same water bottle as some other players.

Go_Dogs
08-08-2010, 09:03 AM
at the same time drink from the same water bottle as some other players.

Really? Smart stuff. Or perhaps he doesn't have the flu?...

stevieg
08-08-2010, 09:42 AM
It looks like Josh Hill didn't play for Willi yesterday (Addison did though).

bornadog
08-08-2010, 03:56 PM
It looks like Josh Hill didn't play for Willi yesterday (Addison did though).

They need an emergency over there. I wonder if theree is a late change? maybe Higgins feeling a bit better.

LostDoggy
08-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Just on the way to the game now..half hour away, raining hard enough it's gunna be a sloppy one!

divvydan
08-08-2010, 04:27 PM
ADELAIDE v WESTERN BULLDOGS
Adelaide
B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Scott Stevens
HB: Michael Doughty, Nathan Bock, Nathan van Berlo
C: Chris Schmidt, Bernie Vince, David Mackay
HF: Ricky Henderson, Taylor Walker, Jason Porplyzia
F: Rory Sloane, Kurt Tippett, Richard Douglas
Foll: Ivan Maric, Scott Thompson, Brent Reilly
I/C: Jonathon Griffin, Brad Symes, Chris Knights, Brodie Martin

Changes to the selected side
Nil

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Liam Picken
HF: Josh Hill, Liam Jones, Brad Johnson
F: Jarrad Grant, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C: Nathan Eagleton, Brodie Moles, Jordan Roughead, Easton Wood

Changes to the selected side
In: Josh Hill
Out: Robert Murphy

Pickenitup
08-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Notice they have Harbrow in back pocket typo error?
No Everitt?

divvydan
08-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I imagine it must be an error from using last week's team. Sorry, didn't proof read it, just took it from afl site

Flamethrower
08-08-2010, 04:55 PM
AFL website and AFL Match Centre have conflicting teams listed. Who knows what is going on.

ledge
08-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Well Hill in and Murphy out, so is Higgins out.