PDA

View Full Version : Match-winner Hall keeps it together

The Coon Dog
02-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Jake Niall - T/A - 2 Aug

IN BARRY Hall, the Bulldogs recruited a Mercedes Benz for the cost of a 1977 Falcon. The Dogs were in the rare position of purchasing an outstanding footballer no one else wanted. Now, he's fashionable enough to be sought out by the prime minister at the end of a game.

But one of the reasons Hall was available at the Dimmey's end of the draft - the late third round - was he had lost the capacity to control his frustration, and his fists. His Swans teammates loved, but no longer trusted him. He acknowledged he couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't explode again.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/matchwinner-hall-keeps-it-together-20100801-111e3.html)

ratsmac
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm still pinching myself that we have such a good full forward, and he was practicly for free. I was worried that he was too old when we recruited him but he has been gold. Good onya Baz.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Was watching the replay - in the third quarter that grub Firrito bumped Barry after he took a mark. For a second it looked like Barry was going to have a go, but he quickly regained control, stepped back & kicked the goal. Well done Barry!! :)

Murphy'sLore
02-08-2010, 11:56 AM
How much do we love Barry? I freely admit I was doubtful about the wisdom of getting him but he has been fantastic, not just on the field. Talk about misunderstood:) Never been so happy to have been proved wrong!

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Love the man.

chef
02-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Was watching the replay - in the third quarter that grub Firrito bumped Barry after he took a mark. For a second it looked like Barry was going to have a go, but he quickly regained control, stepped back & kicked the goal. Well done Barry!! :)

I like how he showed him the ball and gave it a twirl in his hands with a big smile on his face after taking that mark.

Scraggers
02-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I admit freely that i was one of the nay-sayers when asked about Barry Hall coming to the Bulldogs.

Having been the highest scorig team last year, I didn't see the need to get a full forward ... I am so glad he is proving me wrong :D

As an aside ... when do they stop the count for the Coleman, is it at the end of round 22 or are the finals included ???

Mantis
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
As an aside ... when do they stop the count for the Coleman, is it at the end of round 22 or are the finals included ???

End of H&A season.

The Coon Dog
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM

End of round 22. Fair to all players then.

strebla
02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I like how he showed him the ball and gave it a twirl in his hands with a big smile on his face after taking that mark.

I noticed that too and didn't i give that weak turd a spray he is my new most hated by far

Greystache
02-08-2010, 06:26 PM

I have less and less respect for North every week, they reek of Brad Scott. Cheap little snipes to get a reaction out of the oppositions best players all the while your team is being humiliated by a top team yet again. The pathetic defensive game plan of a half ground defensive press is as ineffective as it is horrible to watch. No wonder they wouldn't have had 2000 fans there yesterday, I'd rather watch St Kilda play!!

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm still pinching myself that we have such a good full forward, and he was practicly for free. I was worried that he was too old when we recruited him but he has been gold. Good onya Baz.

Leaned over to me Dad during the game yesterday, and whispered "isn't it great to finally have a quality full forward."

We have been waiting a while, but gee it's worth the wait.

Sockeye Salmon
02-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I noticed that too and didn't i give that weak turd a spray he is my new most hated by far

Stephen Milne is still around

Ghost Dog
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
It's not just his goal kicking ability. He is such a hard trainer. Broke the Bulldogs weight lift record within a week of being at the club, or so I read. Inspires everyone with his attitude. Defensive effort is magnificent. I love watching him play.

AndrewP6
02-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Stuff that ranga.... BAZZA FOR PM!!!! Have always been in favour of him coming to the Kennel, and he's delivered in spades! Kicks goals, runs, chases, tackles, gets teammates involved... love watching him go about his work. Admittedly, it's like being on tenterhooks sometimes, but he's doing tremendously well in terms of his discipline (Can't stand the way many in the media are constantly almost willing him to fail).

BAZZA!!!!

azabob
02-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Stuff that ranga.... BAZZA FOR PM!!!! Have always been in favour of him coming to the Kennel, and he's delivered in spades! Kicks goals, runs, chases, tackles, gets teammates involved... love watching him go about his work. Admittedly, it's like being on tenterhooks sometimes, but he's doing tremendously well in terms of his discipline (Can't stand the way many in the media are constantly almost willing him to fail).

BAZZA!!!!

Who in the media wants him to fail? The only time he has looked like getting in trouble was with the headlock and 99% of them defended him.

AndrewP6
02-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Who in the media wants him to fail? The only time he has looked like getting in trouble was with the headlock and 99% of them defended him.

Commentators on Triple M all nearly jump out of their skin whenever any hint of controversy occurs. It seems (to my ears) that the prospect of Hall belting someone interests them greatly.

macca
03-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Bazza has been a fantastic fit for us.He was getting stiffled at Sydney with their slow, inaccurate and stop and start midfield. Yes we have a mercedes but a midfield which can deliver fast, accurately and efficiently to him, with the fwd tackling pressure now to hurt teams on the scoreboard.Its one of the recruits of the season. Eade has a good knack at picking up mature age recruits. But not only what they deliver on field, but what they can add and improve to players during training. I wonder how much defense skills the guys have picked up from Montgomery.Darcy last year praised Aker for how much the other players are picking up from his kicking.Young fwds Grant,Jones, Roughead and Cordy are going to learn a heap from him and the crumbers ho will know where to position themselves.

azabob
03-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Commentators on Triple M all nearly jump out of their skin whenever any hint of controversy occurs. It seems (to my ears) that the prospect of Hall belting someone interests them greatly.

ah ok don't listen to MMM.

Topdog
03-08-2010, 06:08 PM

It does interest them greatly and it isn't just MMM. Channel 7 do the same thing all the time and you can tell the media want him to smack someone just because it will make their jobs easier.

bornadog
03-08-2010, 06:25 PM
It's not just his goal kicking ability. He is such a hard trainer. Broke the Bulldogs weight lift record within a week of being at the club, or so I read. Inspires everyone with his attitude. Defensive effort is magnificent. I love watching him play.

Saw him training in the boxing ring at the Elite Centre and it was scary:D

AndrewP6
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
It does interest them greatly and it isn't just MMM. Channel 7 do the same thing all the time and you can tell the media want him to smack someone just because it will make their jobs easier.

Yep good point...

AndrewP6
03-08-2010, 07:07 PM
ah ok don't listen to MMM.

Sometimes I like their entertaining calls, sometimes I just want to say "Shut the hell up!" :)

Stefcep
03-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Barry's been great.

But our DEFENSE is what has gone up another level this year.

Twodogs
04-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Jake Niall - T/A - 2 Aug

IN BARRY Hall, the Bulldogs recruited a Mercedes Benz for the cost of a 1977 Falcon. The Dogs were in the rare position of purchasing an outstanding footballer no one else wanted. Now, he's fashionable enough to be sought out by the prime minister at the end of a game.

But one of the reasons Hall was available at the Dimmey's end of the draft

It's FORGES Jake!!!!!!!!!

Dimmeys is evil!

strebla
04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
It's FORGES Jake!!!!!!!!!

Dimmeys is evil!

Forges of Footscray has or will be closing another victim of the big chains i suppose.

Desipura
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Forges of Footscray has or will be closing another victim of the big chains i suppose.
Relocated to Ashley St where the RAAF base used to be all those years ago.