PDA

View Full Version : Danger Game - Adelaide?

Bulldog Revolution
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Is this a danger game for the dogs?

Adelaide after beating Geelong, and suggesting they were a finals chance, have dropped the cross town showdown to the Power and now to the Tigers

Given expectations they've had a terrible year - Will they be able to bounce back and trouble us?

Flamethrower
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Always a danger game at AAMI.

Patrick Dangerfield broke his hand yesterday and is out this week. Goodwin and McLeod are still out, while Johncock returns from suspension.

Throughandthrough
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Danger game for me.

In a Corporate Box and catching the "Crows Express" bus home.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
IMO, they are all "danger" games from now on. There is no "gimmee" games this year - what an up and down season - I guess it makes it interesting at the very least :o

Ozza
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Danger game for me.

In a Corporate Box and catching the "Crows Express" bus home.

Danger game for you indeed!

"Security!"

mighty_west
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
This is as much a danger game as the upcoming Essendon game, the Swannies at the SCG, but the good teams get the job done, we are a good team.

Geelong in a few weeks is our biggest danger game imo...;)

Mantis
02-08-2010, 03:07 PM
IMO, they are all "danger" games from now on. There is no "gimmee" games this year - what an up and down season - I guess it makes it interesting at the very least :o

What was yesterday?

Biggest 'gimmee' of all time.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
What was yesterday?

Biggest 'gimmee' of all time.

Mantis - in the end yes, it was, but for 3 quarters, I wasn't too sure! Are you saying I need to keep the faith more?

Bulldog Revolution
02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Mantis - in the end yes, it was, but for 3 quarters, I wasn't too sure! Are you saying I need to keep the faith more?

I think what he is saying is: Yesterday had the potential to be a danger game, but really with the two selected sides that was never going to happen.

How would people rank the order of opponents left to play?

1. Geelong
2. Essendon
3. Crows
4. Swans

Doc26
02-08-2010, 03:23 PM
With no Dangerfield or Goodwin it should'nt be a danger game but if we don't come out to play it will be ours to lose.

Mantis
02-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I think what he is saying is: Yesterday had the potential to be a danger game, but really with the two selected sides that was never going to happen.

If those 2 teams played each other 10 times we would win them all.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Dangerfield out is a bonus for us. Will Griff have to miss with the concussion from yesterday?

BulldogBelle
02-08-2010, 07:18 PM
This is a huge danger game for us.
I think that Eade had better have an alternate plan for the whole back-line least it falls asleep.
Hall could get RSI through kicking too many goals.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Given Freo's draw for the remaining 4 games, it seems we can only afford to drop one game between now and the finals if we wish to hold on to 4th spot.
We have Geelong the week following Adelaide, and most would give us less than 50% chance of winning that. Therefore it's imperative that we win all the others, starting with Adelaide this week.

boydogs
02-08-2010, 09:06 PM
How would people rank the order of opponents left to play?

1. Geelong
2. Essendon
3. Crows
4. Swans

Geelong clearly number 1. Essendon have beaten us this year, but with the other games interstate I am more worried about them. Swans still in the finals race number 2, Crows 3 & Essendon 4.

comrade
02-08-2010, 09:14 PM
The Crows are just about cooked. It's never easy to travel, but we should give them a fair old touch up if we play anywhere near our best.

LostDoggy
02-08-2010, 10:19 PM
If those 2 teams played each other 10 times we would win them all.

Yes, thanks guys - I was just a little nonplussed and perhaps frustrated with the first half. Would have liked a replay of the week before when we smashed 'em from the first bounce!

The Adelaide Connection
03-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I was at the Adelaide v Geelong game and anyone that says it is not a danger game either didn't catch it on tv or has a very, very short memory. Dangerfield is out, but with Johncock back in they can throw Porplyzia into the forward line and I think the Johncock in is more important than the Dangerfield out or, at worst for them, a draw.

Sure they have lost the last two games, but that is largely to do with horrible kicking. Collingwood had the same problem against St. Kilda earlier in the year in a game they should have wrapped up by halftime (much like the Adelaide v Richmond game). If the Crows find their accuracy boots this could be a huge test at AAMI.

Break them early. Vital.

Go_Dogs
03-08-2010, 01:34 AM
I think the Johncock in is more important than the Dangerfield out or, at worst for them, a draw.

Definitely more important IMO, Johncock has been their best player this year when on the park.

Always nervous playing Adelaide, but think we can get up again this year.

Cooney17
03-08-2010, 01:39 AM
We really need to win games like this because we have dropped a couple we really should have won this season. Every game for the rest of the season is a danger game for us but we can do it.

LostDoggy
03-08-2010, 03:40 AM
In another way win this game, Geelong lose against pies and we somehow give Geelong 2 losses in a row moves us up the ladder. Although I'd be more comfortable with 4th rather then 3rd (again)

LostDoggy
03-08-2010, 07:18 AM
We really need to win games like this because we have dropped a couple we really should have won this season. ....

Assuming you mean St Kilda and Hawthorn, I don't mind losing the St Kilda game because it showed that the club can play defensively and still be in a winning position. I think Eade learned from that game and from the Hawthorn game that defensiveness is part of the game plan, not the whole of it. The team has gone back to attack footy with a harder defensive edge, that's what's winning games by healthy margins. I think that this team will only lose one more game, Geelong. We might even win that game but I don't think either of Thompson or Eade will lose sleep over a loss. Neither will show much.

Cooney17
04-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Assuming you mean St Kilda and Hawthorn, I don't mind losing the St Kilda game because it showed that the club can play defensively and still be in a winning position. I think Eade learned from that game and from the Hawthorn game that defensiveness is part of the game plan, not the whole of it. The team has gone back to attack footy with a harder defensive edge, that's what's winning games by healthy margins. I think that this team will only lose one more game, Geelong. We might even win that game but I don't think either of Thompson or Eade will lose sleep over a loss. Neither will show much.

I was more refering to those games against lesser opponents that we really should not of lost; Brisbane round 4, Essendon round 10 and yes, Hawks round 14. These are the sort of games we should be winning, thats why I find it hard to be confident coming into a game like this. However we have been playing some exciting football at late and I feel like we are peaking at the right time. The Geelong game will be a good one, real test for us going into finals.