PDA

View Full Version : What has been the Bulldogs best win so far in 2010?

Ghost Dog
03-08-2010, 11:53 PM
What has been the Bulldogs best win so far in 2010?

Rd 3 V Hawthorn (16 points) 7%
Rd 8 V Sydney (38 points) 3%
Rd 15 V Carlton (68 points) 11%
Rd 17 V Fremantle (82 points) 80%

Total votes: 347
( from www.westernbulldogs.com.au )

For me, The Carlton effort was the best. It was a really even effort all round, four quarters, and the whole team looked like a well oiled machine. Great 3 3/4 effort., with a little rest for the Darwin trek in junk time.

Even with 21 men we killed them. Barry with 6 majors against a team we all lurve to beat (evil laugh )

What do you reckon woofers??

bornadog
04-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Carlton, followed by Freo then the first Hawthorn game.

The first Hawthorn game was a tough bruising encounter and we stood up to the challenge. Stuffed us up after that for the following week.

LostDoggy
04-08-2010, 12:47 AM
The Freo game. But a win against the Saints or Hawks the second time would've been nice to say was our best win

Scraggers
04-08-2010, 01:16 AM
From a personal perspective ... beating both the Eagles and Dockers by 10 goals or more ... Mega bragging rights :cool:

Cooney17
04-08-2010, 02:28 AM
The Hawthorn win was sweet but I have to say the Carlton game was best for me. I think the reason that the Freo game polled so highly was because it was taken the week after the game so everyone was buzzing from such a good win.

Desipura
04-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Hopefully Geelong next week.;)

Mantis
04-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Melbourne.... We were gone with 3 or 4min left and found a way to win.

Besides the Hawthorn game in rd 3 the rest have been blow outs in games we have been expected to win.

Twodogs
04-08-2010, 11:24 AM

I reckon so too.

I think that we came good about halfway through the third quarter in the second Hawthorn match and havent looked back since, even though we lost if that makes any sense.

LostDoggy
04-08-2010, 11:31 AM

Besides the Hawthorn game in rd 3 the rest have been blow outs in games we have been expected to win.

Agree too, whilst I love a big winning margin as much as anyone else, it shows a great "never give up, never give in" attitude to grind out a win with a short time to go!

Greystache
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Fremantle for me- Granted the opposition were poor, but it was a chance to get our spot in the 4 back, as well as to make a statement after a tough we and we delivered with interest.

LostDoggy
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Fremantle game for me too. That's partly because I was there, I missed the Carlton game. To beat the 4th placed team so convincingly and from the very start of the game was great. :)

Go_Dogs
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
The Hawthorn game from Rd 3 for mine, Hawks were playing some very good football, and it was a hard, finals style contest that we won out in.

LostDoggy
04-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Freo demolition, for now.

LostDoggy
04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Carlton, because it was Carlton.

Then the Freo game because we were simply unstoppable that day, it was a joy to watch after a crap week.

LostDoggy
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Not our best win, but I think our best game for the year was the loss to Hawthorn. It really did light the rockets. Tough, bruising encounter where we gave it our all for all four quarters and could've gone either way.

The Coon Dog
04-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Not our best win, but I think our best game for the year was the loss to Hawthorn. It really did light the rockets. Tough, bruising encounter where we gave it our all for all four quarters and could've gone either way.

Yup, loved it as a contest. Would have preferred the win, but someone had to win on the night & unfortunately when the siren went it just wasn't us.

Ghost Dog
04-08-2010, 11:10 PM
The Hawthorn game from Rd 3 for mine, Hawks were playing some very good football, and it was a hard, finals style contest that we won out in.

I can't remember back that far! That's maybe why the Freo game polled so highly as duly noted.

Ghost Dog
04-08-2010, 11:13 PM

Yeah, good point. In Rocket's words of wisdom, if we lose we lose, as long as we take the game on. On that note, if we do go down by a few points in the prelims somebody please remind me I said that please.:D

LostDoggy
04-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Best we played was against Freo
But nothing better than sticking up Carlton

GVGjr
05-08-2010, 07:13 PM
WE turned the corner after than solid outing against the Blues.

LostDoggy
05-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Freo fresh in the mind, dominated in every area.

But Id vote vs Carlton, and we saw our best play of the year so far (ending with a Griffin goal).

LostDoggy
05-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah, good point. In Rocket's words of wisdom, if we lose we lose, as long as we take the game on. On that note, if we do go down by a few points in the prelims somebody please remind me I said that please.:D

Yup, loved it as a contest. Would have preferred the win, but someone had to win on the night & unfortunately when the siren went it just wasn't us.

Yeah, let's face it, we were awesome that night and it all clicked, we were just unfortunate enough to run into a white-hot Hawthorn outfit who deserved to win it as much as we did, and who were defending a lot more pride than we were at that point.

EasternWest
06-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Freo fresh in the mind, dominated in every area.

But Id vote vs Carlton, and we saw our best play of the year so far (ending with a Griffin goal).

/hangs head.

w3design
06-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Freo game for mine, a loss and our season could have turned pear shaped. A real statement of intent.

LostDoggy
06-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Carlton for mine. Got a monkey off the back, and played some tough but attractive football.

boydogs
06-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Freo game for mine, a loss and our season could have turned pear shaped. A real statement of intent.

Agreed

The Pie Man
08-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Tonight was massive - most fired up I've got watching the footy this year.

AndrewP6
08-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Shame there's no "Like" button... I agree totally. We were ordinary for quite some time, but showed grit to finish it off.

Greystache
08-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Me too. Really important win IMO. It'll be tough next week coming off a 6 day break, interstate travel, and playing in the rain to beat Geelong on the rebound and the 4 points gives us some breathing space.

bornadog
08-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Me too. Really important win IMO. It'll be tough next week coming off a 6 day break, interstate travel, and playing in the rain to beat Geelong on the rebound and the 4 points gives us some breathing space.

4 points and percentage, a two game buffer.

chef
08-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Shame there's no "Like" button... I agree totally. We were ordinary for quite some time, but showed grit to finish it off.

Yep, that last quarter was tense.

Greystache
08-08-2010, 08:51 PM
4 points and percentage, a two game buffer.

Yep, such an important win.

Sedat
09-08-2010, 12:43 PM
For mine, last night was our best win for the season. Only the very good teams can win in the poor elements, not at 100% fitness, with key personnel missing, away from home, and against a strong and willing opponent. Adelaide threw the proverbial kitchen sink at us all game, and it was a great show of character from our guys that they simply refused to buckle under that intense pressure. The fact that we slogged it out in a close finish will also do wonders for the confidence of the group - for too long we have found ourselves on the wrong side of the ledger in tight matches against good quality opposition. Apart from a poor patch conceding 3 goals in 6 minutes early in the 2nd qtr, we restricted Adelaide to 4 goals for the rest of the game - our defensive unit is proving to be extremely difficult to break down.

I remember reading an article about the all-conquering Cats season in 2007. In the article they talked about gaining a massive slice of self-belief when they were able to withstand a similarly tough slog against the Crows at AAMI in the middle of that season. Rain or shine, indoors or outdoors, interstate or home, I get the feeling that we are prepared for any opponent on any given day in September.

Ghost Dog
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
For mine, last night was our best win for the season. Only the very good teams can win in the poor elements, not at 100% fitness, with key personnel missing, away from home, and against a strong and willing opponent. Adelaide threw the proverbial kitchen sink at us all game, and it was a great show of character from our guys that they simply refused to buckle under that intense pressure. The fact that we slogged it out in a close finish will also do wonders for the confidence of the group - for too long we have found ourselves on the wrong side of the ledger in tight matches against good quality opposition. Apart from a poor patch conceding 3 goals in 6 minutes early in the 2nd qtr, we restricted Adelaide to 4 goals for the rest of the game - our defensive unit is proving to be extremely difficult to break down.

I remember reading an article about the all-conquering Cats season in 2007. In the article they talked about gaining a massive slice of self-belief when they were able to withstand a similarly tough slog against the Crows at AAMI in the middle of that season. Rain or shine, indoors or outdoors, interstate or home, I get the feeling that we are prepared for any opponent on any given day in September.

Fully agree. I really liked the way we didn't chip it around either in contrast to earlier in the year. . Forgot about the slim lead and kept attacking. We took the game on. Great win. Best of the year.

ratsmac
10-08-2010, 01:16 AM

Yep, great win. Loved the hardness. And I love how ppl don't think we are hard. Most teams all year have not won the following week after player the Bulldogs, this must mean something about our hardness. We have improved in so many areas where we were lacking last year.
Bring on the Cats, we are as ready as we will ever be. Should be a good close game.

Mantis
10-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Fully agree. I really liked the way we didn't chip it around either in contrast to earlier in the year. Forgot about the slim lead and kept attacking. We took the game on. Great win. Best of the year.

Are you for real?

After we went ahead by a goal and a half we played with 1 or 2 forwards and had the rest of the team behind the ball.

Curly5
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM

Same here, that was our best WIN. Forget about the style, the boys gritted it out against a strong opponent, interstate, in shocking conditions, with half our warriors valiantly battling against sickness but giving their all for the team. Let others believe we are soft, hehe. ;)

Mind you, crushing Carlton, Freo and the Roos was pretty good too, especially the last as I was able to attend a game for once. :)

Ozza
10-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Are you for real?

After we went ahead by a goal and a half we played with 1 or 2 forwards and had the rest of the team behind the ball.

Agreed. We definitely didn't attack.

It was a very mature performance from us, really showed our experienced and locked down the game. With plenty of blokes sick, and Adelaide throwing the kitchen sink at us - the boys were very measured in the approach and did what they had to do.

Mofra
10-08-2010, 10:53 AM
It was great for the group to finally nail a close one, especially a flu effected one. The run of results earlier in the year pointed to a possible sign of mental weakness we now seem to have overcome.

Ghost Dog
10-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Are you for real?

We definitely didn't play possession football did we? Attack as in not chip it around and make use of the ball / kick to a contest / down the line.

Mantis
10-08-2010, 11:58 AM
We definitely didn't play possession football did we? Attack as in not chip it around and make use of the ball / kick to a contest / down the line.

I would've thought that our style of play was due to the conditions and the lack of run our players had due to the illness that had swept through the team.

Go_Dogs
10-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I would've thought that our style of play was due to the conditions and the lack of run our players had due to the illness that had swept through the team.

Agreed, it looked like an energy thing, nobody could run to create an option, and it was very much a hack and hope approach anyway whenever we came into possession.

Even Hall was at half back for patches.

Greystache
10-08-2010, 04:25 PM

Definitely. Looked to me the coaching staff thought that a lead of a goal and a half was enough to defend if we went all out defence, and it meant there'd be less chance we'd be exposed for run at the end given we had several players ill. If that was the case I think our tactics (as the results prove) were spot on.

Win or lose that game I think it would be hard to win the following week, that's why I'm so wrapped we won the game.

ReLoad
10-08-2010, 06:42 PM
The nab cup grand final for me, definatly our best win of the year.

- It added extra membership
- Added hype about us
- We were the news papers pin up boy for the first time ever
- Gave the boys some knowledge that can at least win something.
- It gave woofer a new dish to lick his meaty bites out of :)
- It let me say the word Premiership (albeit with an asterix)

Ghost Dog
10-08-2010, 08:32 PM
The nab cup grand final for me, definatly our best win of the year.

- It added extra membership
- Added hype about us
- We were the news papers pin up boy for the first time ever
- Gave the boys some knowledge that can at least win something.
- It gave woofer a new dish to lick his meaty bites out of :)
- It let me say the word Premiership (albeit with an asterix)

Funny post. Right! if you blur your eyes while looking at the podium shot you can actually make it seem like they have the premiership cup aloft. Ahhhh....dreamin'

The Pie Man
12-09-2010, 09:16 PM
BUMP

Last night for me.

You could sense the confidence returned when Hooper kicked his goal, it's my best moment of the year (to date)

Hoping they can carry that belief forward.

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 09:21 PM
BUMP

Last night for me.

You could sense the confidence returned when Hooper kicked his goal, it's my best moment of the year (to date)

Hoping they can carry that belief forward.

Amen Brother!

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Amen Brother!

Was that you praying when you were on TV last night?