PDA

View Full Version : I'll be baaaack...

Chicago1
06-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes, I did it. I am very happy to let you know that I will be flying to Melbourne for the Preliminary Finals and the Grand Final. I was able to book a seat using some FF miles and partial payment. I've been in two minds about making another trip to Melbourne this year, but when I realised that I hadn't seen the Bulldogs play in a Final since 1999(a five point loss in the Qualifying Final to West Coast at the MCG) and the last Finals win I saw the Bulldogs play in was 1998(Qualifying Final against West Coast) I figured "It's time".

I still have an out in case we don't make the PF(Perish the thought.) The second Final the second weekend should finish the morning(my time) I am due to fly out, Saturday September 11, that is, if it is played Saturday evening your time. In case the Doggies are in that match and lose(and thus be out of the Finals), then I can just rebook my flights for the start of next season with no penalty. Of course, since we will win the first weekend and go right into the PF, I guess I won't have to worry about Week Two of the Finals, will I?

Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you either at training or at the PF and/or (hopefully) the Grand Final. Only 37 more sleeps... :p

LostDoggy
06-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Good on ya Chicago, hope it works out for you (us) !

ReLoad
06-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Sweet, nice one Jim! well make sure you let us know your plans!

There will be plenty of us that will want to catch up and see you again. :)

Nothing better than being in Melbourne in finals time!, I am also thinking perhaps you are the missing ingredient!

Bulldog Joe
06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
. Of course, since we will win the first weekend and go right into the PF, I guess I won't have to worry about Week Two of the Finals, will I?

Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you either at training or at the PF and/or (hopefully) the Grand Final. Only 37 more sleeps... :p

That is the way for it Jim.
I also require a win in week one as I am unable to attend week 2 because of a family wedding.

Certainly enough reason for the team to make every one happy and just take the direct route.

Still need to keep winning to get there.

Remi Moses
07-08-2010, 12:05 AM
What global financial crisis? Good work Chicago,might be a nice time to be out of there with The south side of Chicago going well!!

bornadog
07-08-2010, 09:35 AM
It would be nice this year to go straight to the prelim and get a weeks rest. I will be at training each week of the finals, so say hello

LostDoggy
07-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi Chicago,so good to know that you will be in town soon. Please let me know when exactly and perhaps we can talk football when you are here.
________
Amateur couple (http://www.****tube.com/categories/49/couple/videos/1)

Templeton31
07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
WAy to go Chi-ca-go. I too am arranging a holiday in Melbourne for PF-GF but hardly the distance or cost (Canberra) of you. Good on ya mate - as others have said lets hope it all works out.

LostDoggy
07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Good for you Chicago 1 - let's hope the boys do us all proud! Maybe we should organise a WOOF catch up?? Just a thought?