PDA

View Full Version : Training this week

divvydan
10-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Noticed today that training was closed due to the weather conditions. Contacted the club enquiring about training for the remainder of the week, however, at this stage they haven't called back with any information.

Was wondering if anyone does have the details of training sessions (oval) this week?

bornadog
10-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Noticed today that training was closed due to the weather conditions. Contacted the club enquiring about training for the remainder of the week, however, at this stage they haven't called back with any information.

Was wondering if anyone does have the details of training sessions (oval) this week?

The weather is going to be pretty bad tomorrow as well, in fact worse, with winds and rain on the way.

Mantis
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I was at training this morning.

* Moles, Morris, Murphy, Gilbee & Harbrow were all absent due to the virus.

* Cooney was restricted to light duties inside.

* Ward & Hiiggins both trained and look to be a good chance to return.

bornadog
11-08-2010, 01:46 PM
I was at training this morning.

* Moles, Morris, Murphy, Gilbee & Harbrow were all absent due to the virus.

* Cooney was restricted to light duties inside.

* Ward & Hiiggins both trained and look to be a good chance to return.

I believe Huddo trained as well.

Mantis
11-08-2010, 01:50 PM
I believe Huddo trained as well.

Yes he did.

I noted which players missed so you can assume that all other 'virus riddled' players not listed trained.

divvydan
12-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Anyone know if there's a session on the oval tomorrow?

The Bulldogs Bite
18-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Headed down to Antarctica this morning for the training session. They worked pretty hard, more so than what I've seen previously during mid week. Lot of competitive drills going on, ones that required handballing and blocking in a confined area. Probably about 5 or 6 players on each side - they'd try to work the ball up with quick hands to their 'goal'. If the ball was dropped, it'd be a turnover and the other side would gain possession. From memory there was 3 or 4 different groups doing this in one half of the ground. It's a pretty tiring drill because you're constantly moving offensively and defensively, creating space, blocking and taking hits.

The rucks/mids spent some time crafting their work - hopefully they get it right for this week. Against Sydney, it's going to be pretty important we're able to get our hands on the ball. You can bet players like Mumford, Kirk, Bolton and Jack will be going in hard.

The squad completed a full ground match simulation. It didn't last too long, as they'd already done quite a bit of competitive work, but they worked hard and tried to move the ball quickly with lots of switches. Murphy was the standout.

Other notes:

* Chris Grant was present and seemed to have a good relationship with Liam Jones. The two appeared to be talking for a bit which was good to see. Granty stood behind the goals in the match simulation, and Jones played deep. Unfortunately he didn't get too much of an opportunity - the ball was mainly down the other end.

* Hahn, Johnson, Cross and Minson made some bad errors during the session. Simple errors. Hahn kicked 15m back into the corridor at half back and turned it over. Johnson took a mark on the wing and then took a couple of steps over the line. He realized there were no targets up forward, took a few steps back, sideways and then got caught. Crossy made basic errors by foot whilst Minson fumbled a couple and missed with a few handballs.

* Wood was slowly jogging around the oval. Looked proppy. At least it looks as though he might be some chance to return for finals, though. Otherwise - he wouldn't of been out there.

* Cooney looked in good touch. Did some simple leading and marking early on but joined the main group after and looked solid in the competitive drills.

* Howard has a very neat left foot - great action, great depth. Still raw though, dropping a couple straight forward marks etc. He moves pretty well though IMO.

* Harbrow did some basic kicking before he joined the main group. He did OK in the competitive drills but looked a little tentative. He got involved but was probably a little cautious. Either way - he looks ready to go. Made some nice zig zagging runs and hit targets.

* Stack and Hill don't hit the contest hard enough. Epsecially Stack - sticking one hand out, continually embracing himself for contact etc. He's quick and isn't bad with the ball in hand but preparing himself to actually get it is another thing. Hill just doesn't look as confident as he did last year and the year before. He used to be assured in what he wanted to do. Looks like he knows he's under performing - if that at all makes sense. I hope he turns it around though, he's got immense talent and you still see glimpses of it.

If I remember anything else, I'll post ... but mostly what I took out of it was the competitiveness of the session. They had to work hard (and smart) - two areas we failed on this past Saturday Night. Lake was missing, I didn't see Gilbee and Hall left early. I read somewhere that Hall still has a cough whilst Lake is 50/50 for this week. I might've just missed Gilbee.

LostDoggy
18-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the summary TBB - like the fact that there was a bit of competitive work - would have been disappointed if there wasn't! I'd say Lake is more likely than not to miss this week.

Desipura
18-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the summary TBB - like the fact that there was a bit of competitive work - would have been disappointed if there wasn't! I'd say Lake is more likely than not to miss this week.
Why do you say that? Do you have some inside info?

LostDoggy
18-08-2010, 04:40 PM

No inside info

Just what I am reading, eade commenting they will make a late call on Friday evening. I'm sure they'll give him every chance but i just can't see why they would risk him

Just my opinion.

Ghost Dog
18-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Somebody commented on a thread a few days ago he was seen at a surgeons office. I am trying to find the post.

LostDoggy
18-08-2010, 10:58 PM

Heard on the radio this afternoon Rocket said he was 50-50 with a Hip problem he got from the Adelaide game.

OLD SCRAGGer
19-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Heard on the radio this afternoon Rocket said he was 50-50 with a Hip problem he got from the Adelaide game.

I thought he did it in the warm up at Etihad last Saturday :confused: at least that's what Rocket said anyways

bornadog
19-08-2010, 10:43 AM
[/B]

I thought he did it in the warm up at Etihad last Saturday :confused: at least that's what Rocket said anyways

Thast what was in The Age today as well. they will make a call on Saturday morning.

After training the boys headed up to Sydney and are staying out at Manly, hoping for some better weather than down here. They will head back to the CBD on Saturday.

LostDoggy
19-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Thast what was in The Age today as well. they will make a call on Saturday morning.

After training the boys headed up to Sydney and are staying out at Manly, hoping for some better weather than down here. They will head back to the CBD on Saturday.

Supposed to be fine weather during the day but cold at night.

Scraggers
19-08-2010, 04:59 PM

I heard they went swimming at the beach and realized that they were right next to the sewage pipe, but they kept swimming undeterred (under-turd) {sorry ... bad joke}

ReLoad
19-08-2010, 05:14 PM
I heard they went swimming at the beach and realized that they were right next to the sewage pipe, but they kept swimming undeterred (under-turd) {sorry ... bad joke}

The MRP has banned you for 12 weeks.

LostDoggy
19-08-2010, 05:40 PM
The WRP (Woof Review Panel) has banned you for 12 weeks.

Edited it for clarity - you had the W(M) upside down.

ReLoad
19-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Edited it for clarity - you had the W(M) upside down.

Correct, many apologies.

Our elite defence team which got Picken off last week will now have their attention turned to prosecuting those who clearly use "dad jokes".

Scraggers
20-08-2010, 01:36 AM
Correct, many apologies.

Our elite defence team which got Picken off last week will now have their attention turned to prosecuting those who clearly use "dad jokes".

Ouch :(

EasternWest
20-08-2010, 02:05 AM
The MRP has banned you for 12 weeks.

12 weeks? What's with the light sentence? You're getting soft in your old age ReLoad.

Scraggers
20-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Correct, many apologies.

The kids I teach tell me all the time that I tell Dad Jokes ... Geez I feel old !!

The Pie Man
20-08-2010, 05:40 PM
The kids I teach tell me all the time that I tell Dad Jokes ... Geez I feel old !!

Don't feel so bad Scraggers, pundemonium is right up my alley

(every time I say that at work, I get things thrown at me :))

Mantis
20-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Report from training is that Roughead was the only emergency present.