PDA

View Full Version : Cameron wants Power job

Desipura
11-08-2010, 04:41 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/100129/default.aspx

chef
11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Hopefully they give the job to Scott and Leon can stay on for at least another year.

Go_Dogs
11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm not against Cameron pursuing the role.

He's been with us quite a while now, and making a change or two in the coaching box can't hurt to some degree. It's also unlikely that Rocket will depart for at least another year, but quite possibly a bit longer than that - meaning senior coaching opportunity at the Dogs isn't perhaps realistic in the shorter term.

Port have a fairly strong contingent of young players, and whoever takes the reigns will have a good chance to get some success in the shorter term.

LostDoggy
11-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Good luck Leon, hope he gets the job & has a successful senior coaching career.

soupman
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm not against Cameron pursuing the role.

He's been with us quite a while now, and making a change or two in the coaching box can't hurt to some degree. It's also unlikely that Rocket will depart for at least another year, but quite possibly a bit longer than that - meaning senior coaching opportunity at the Dogs isn't perhaps realistic in the shorter term.

Port have a fairly strong contingent of young players, and whoever takes the reigns will have a good chance to get some success in the shorter term.

I agree with this. It presents as a wonderful opportunity for a coach as these positions don't come up too frequently. In all likelihood he won't get it anyway.

Greystache
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
If he wants the job then I hope he gets it. What I don't want is his name being thrown up every time a senior job comes up only to be knocked back, I felt sorry and even a little emarassed for Brian Royal in the end and I hope the same thing doesn't end up happening with Leon.

LostDoggy
12-08-2010, 12:36 AM
He was talking on SEN with KB today. He has done 1st round interview. I think if we win or at least make the GF this year, he will be seriously looked at.

GVGjr
12-08-2010, 07:05 AM
I wonder if he lands the job in a few weeks if we would follow the lead of some of the other clubs that have been in the same situation and move him on straight away.
Ironically Port have done it a couple of teams when they went into the finals.

Twodogs
12-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I wonder if he lands the job in a few weeks if we would follow the lead of some of the other clubs that have been in the same situation and move him on straight away.
Ironically Port have done it a couple of teams when they went into the finals.

Collingwood did the same thing with Brad Scott on the eve of last year's finals didnt they? A lot of Collingwood supporters are convinced that it had a detrimental effect on their finals campaign.

If Leon gets the Port job I wouldnt be in to much of a rush to move him on before our season finishes.

Mantis
12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
If Leon gets the Port job I wouldnt be in to much of a rush to move him on before our season finishes.

Agree with that.

Rocket has publically stated that if any of our players had decided they would move to GC next year that he would continue to play them so I can't see how it would be any different if any of the coaches decided the same.

OLD SCRAGGer
12-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Maybe this why the rumour of us going after Simon Goodwin started...just in case Leon goes to Power

Curly5
12-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I won't mind if Goodwin has as good a "crystal ball" as Leon... (see Bob Murphy's article today).
Good luck to him.

LostDoggy
12-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm afraid that Leon is long odd against getting the gig.

Brenton Sanderson and Primus are some distance ahead of him.

lemmon
12-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Saw that Murph gave him a nice little rap in his article today

LostDoggy
12-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Good luck Leon, hope he gets the job & has a successful senior coaching career.

Hmmm.. not too successful I hope...

Remi Moses
13-08-2010, 01:16 AM
They need an outsider for that job,the tail wagging the dog at Port has been evident for a while. Sanderson would have to be favourite

Mantis
13-08-2010, 08:52 AM
They need an outsider for that job,the tail wagging the dog at Port has been evident for a while. Sanderson would have to be favourite

It was mentioned on SEN this morning that Sanderson has withdrawn his application. They also mentioned that Chris Scott & Alan Richardson were seen as the front-runners for the position.

The Underdog
14-08-2010, 03:00 PM
It was mentioned on SEN this morning that Sanderson has withdrawn his application. They also mentioned that Chris Scott & Alan Richardson were seen as the front-runners for the position.

Does anyone else think C.Scott is getting a good look just because B.Scott is doing reasonably well at Norf? Or am I a cynic?

Good luck to Leon, he's surely served enough of an apprenticeship to be a serious chance. If he was to get it Port might insist that he start immediately too and I'm not sure we'd ethically be able to stand in his way.
Also interesting that Richardson is a serious chance. Kind of had the feel of a serial assistant to an outsider like me, but hey that's why I'm an outsider. Wasn't Neeld on the list too initially?

Desipura
14-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Also interesting that Richardson is a serious chance. Kind of had the feel of a serial assistant to an outsider like me, but hey that's why I'm an outsider. Wasn't Neeld on the list too initially?
I know Chris Bond is being looked at. A number of bulldog players rated him very highly when he was with us. His strong communication skills being the common theme.

LostDoggy
16-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Good news this morning that Cameron has pulled out of the running.