HB: Robert Murphy, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Callan Ward, Matthew Boyd, Liam Picken
HF: Andrejs Everitt, Liam Jones, Brad Johnson
F: Shaun Higgins, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Will Minson, Ryan Griffen, Daniel Cross
I/C: Nathan Eagleton, Brodie Moles, Jordan Roughead, Easton Wood

Emergencies: Mitch Hahn, Josh Hill, Dylan Addison

In: R.Murphy , W.Minson , S.Higgins , C.Ward
Out: A.Cooney (Virus) , B.Hudson (Virus) , J.Hill (Omitted) , J.Grant (Soreness)

Geelong

B: Josh Hunt - Matthew Scarlett - Darren Milburn
HB: Corey Enright - Tom Lonergan - James Kelly
C: Andrew Mackie - Jimmy Bartel - Joel Corey
HF: Paul Chapman - Tom Hawkins - Mathew Stokes
F: Steve Johnson - Cameron Mooney - Travis Varcoe
Foll: Brad Ottens - Joel Selwood - Gary Ablett
Int : Taylor Hunt, Shannon Byrnes, David Wojcinski, James Podsiadly

Emerg: Daniel Menzel, Ryan Gamble, Simon Hogan

In: Taylor Hunt, David Wojcinski
Out: Cameron Ling, Harry Taylor (both injured)

cinder
12-08-2010, 06:09 PM
And STILL no Harbrow!

bornadog
12-08-2010, 06:11 PM
And STILL no Harbrow!

Yep but still looks like a pretty good team

cinder
12-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Yep but still looks like a pretty good team

I was just thinking that, we do have pretty good depth!

turtle
12-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Mitch as an emergency. Given the chance of more late changes what are the odds he'll get a run? I think I heard Rocket say he still rates Mitch in the best 22.

Cyberdoggie
12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Mitch as an emergency. Given the chance of more late changes what are the odds he'll get a run? I think I heard Rocket say he still rates Mitch in the best 22.

Interesting, he hasn't had a run in a while, and he sustained the eye injury early in his first game back from injury at Willy.

surprised Tim Callan didn't get onto the emergencies, he would of been a good emergency type considering the virus alert.

Cyberdoggie
12-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Liam Jones's last game to show he's good enough to stay in the side.

I thought his leads were largely ignored in the North game and the weather didn't help him in Adelaide but he has shown good determination and aggression, and kicked 3 goals in 2 games. Hopefully he marks a few on the lead and in the pack and kicks 4, would be hard for the MC to drop him if he does.

chef
12-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Good to see Grant getting a rest before the finals.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Some big outs for both sides. Still, we've got some pretty good in's too.

Very interesting match on a whole range of levels. If we win, we'll probably jump them on the ladder. They'll be keen to atone for their bad loss to Collingwood, but we'll want to take a big scalp heading into the finals. They've got injuries and two key outs, we've got a number of players with a virus and key players out (Cooney, Hudson, Harbrow, Grant).

All things considering, this really is an unpredictable game with a variety of talking points.

Great to see Everitt, Jones and Roughead keeping their spots.

DOG GOD
12-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Good to see Ling out as well :)

LostDoggy
12-08-2010, 06:47 PM

That's ridiculous.

The Pie Man
12-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Interesting, he hasn't had a run in a while, and he sustained the eye injury early in his first game back from injury at Willy.

surprised Tim Callan didn't get onto the emergencies, he would of been a good emergency type considering the virus alert.

The 'host' is still crook isn't he?

I saw speculation on the HS live chat for the teams that Gilbee might withdraw - I'd suggest Addison might get a run if that were the case (if like for kinda like)

azabob
12-08-2010, 07:17 PM

I thought Eade said at the start of the year Mitch was in the best 22.

w3design
12-08-2010, 07:23 PM
According to the club, on facebook, Harbrow's cork has bled into his knee. This is why he isn't playing on the weekend. I'm sure this can be confirmed by club insiders.

Cyberdoggie
12-08-2010, 07:41 PM
The 'host' is still crook isn't he?

I saw speculation on the HS live chat for the teams that Gilbee might withdraw - I'd suggest Addison might get a run if that were the case (if like for kinda like)

If that is the case then I think i may change my tip. :(

No Gilbs, no Harbs, only Murphy and new boy Wood with any run out of defence.

Hotdog60
12-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I was wondering with Cooney out, we could have tried Hooper at HF and put Gia in the middle.
The question mark would be if Hooper has the tank to run out the game, but with the rotations that we have now days could it have been worth a shot.

FrediKanoute
12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Is this a preview of what life will be after Hudson retires? Good chance for both our junior ruckmen to shine in his absence.

A win would be great, but not essential.......should beat Sydney and Essendon!

Bumper Bulldogs
12-08-2010, 08:49 PM

Rocket clearly has the effects of the flu.:D

LostDoggy
12-08-2010, 08:56 PM
The odds of winning without key players are stacked against us but its a good opportunity for players on the fringe of the regular 22 to prove future selection for the finals.

Geelong may win but the Dogs may prevail and prove me wrong!

GVGjr
12-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Would this week be the time to push Murphy forward to cover the loss of Grant?

GVGjr
12-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Wood, Gilbee and Hargrave should still be able to provide the run from defense although admittedly it would miss Murphy.

Scorlibo
12-08-2010, 09:53 PM
That's ridiculous.

Rocket clearly has the effects of the flu.:D

Why that surprises either of you I'm not quite sure, Mitch hasn't been dropped in years.

lemmon
12-08-2010, 10:23 PM

That's my thinking, we need to make the Geelong defense accountable and Murphy will take a quality player. We cant allow the Cats to zone back on Hally and with Bobby down there it ensures another Geelong defender will have to focus on locking down a player rather then either zoning back or running forward.

Go_Dogs
12-08-2010, 11:33 PM

I'd be hoping Everitt can pick up a bit of the slack too. But yes, Murphy forwards for patches would probably be a good move - especially against a likely finals contender.

LostDoggy
12-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Interesting selections for an interesting game, not sure what to expect. We could scrape it in or lose by a bit. Expect 2 different teams and tactics in the finals.

Mantis
13-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Interesting selections for an interesting game, not sure what to expect. We could scrape it in or lose by a bit. Expect 2 different teams and tactics in the finals.

How will tactics differ do you think?

Mofra
13-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Personally, I'd expect Harbrow & Grant in the side come finals who are arguably our two quickest players (or at least amongst the top echelon). The sides that have beaten Geelong are those who have attacked their defence with genuine pace, and also spread their defence well. With Griffen & Cooney perhaps resting forward come finals, we may kick more to space than we will this weekend, where we will try to spot up leads.

Jones' form is actually a plus for us for this game - his defensive pressure has been excellent and he spreads so well with Hall that both Geelong tall defenders (Scarlett & Lonergan) wont be able to back each other up to chop out leads.

Murphy'sLore
13-08-2010, 10:26 AM
According to the club, on facebook, Harbrow's cork has bled into his knee. This is why he isn't playing on the weekend. I'm sure this can be confirmed by club insiders.

:( That sounds nasty. How long would that take to heal?

Bulldog Revolution
13-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Wood, Gilbee and Hargrave should still be able to provide the run from defense although admittedly it would miss Murphy.

I think we will have to get him up forward at some stage, although i do like him in the more roaming role he has been playing

Probably this is the week to try

Mantis
13-08-2010, 10:34 AM
:( That sounds nasty. How long would that take to heal?

The only update I have is that he should be ok to play next week.

LostDoggy
13-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Corey out for Menzell..not a bad thing for us.

Pickenitup
13-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Harbrow will def play next week and the injury is def not a corkie its the shoulder

mighty_west
13-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Corey out for Menzell..not a bad thing for us.

Thats a big out for them, although Corey has been struggling since he came back from injury, had we not have the virus sweep through the club, would have been a good week to pick on the Cats, they looked alot sorer than most sides last week, 5 or 6 players struggling.

Murphy'sLore
13-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Harbrow will def play next week and the injury is def not a corkie its the shoulder

You say it's the shoulder, the club website says quad, someone else says the corkie has bled into the knee, someone ELSE says his grandmother has died, or is it all a conspiracy because he's going to GC...

Can someone please find out what is really going on!!

ledge
13-08-2010, 04:21 PM
You say it's the shoulder, the club website says quad, someone else says the corkie has bled into the knee, someone ELSE says his grandmother has died, or is it all a conspiracy because he's going to GC...

Can someone please find out what is really going on!!

It all is, he is a very busy man at the moment:D

Mantis
13-08-2010, 04:43 PM

What is wrong with his shoulder?

stefoid
13-08-2010, 05:25 PM
What is wrong with his shoulder?

Well, his heart says stay and his head says go, but his shoulder is torn.

Pickenitup
13-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Just a sore shoulder the club through the media is not going to tell the real reason he is not playing ie corkie.He was training pretty impressively today mark my words he is a certain starter next week

Mantis
13-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Just a sore shoulder the club through the media is not going to tell the real reason he is not playing ie corkie.He was training pretty impressively today mark my words he is a certain starter next week

Will do.

Doc26
13-08-2010, 05:39 PM

It's just as well no one in the media would consider looking on Woof for the inside word :rolleyes:

Doc26
13-08-2010, 05:48 PM
That's my thinking, we need to make the Geelong defense accountable and Murphy will take a quality player. We cant allow the Cats to zone back on Hally and with Bobby down there it ensures another Geelong defender will have to focus on locking down a player rather then either zoning back or running forward.

But the flipside to this is we need to hold our own across our half back line with the class of Chapman and Varcoe to contend with. Murphy steadys us across that line with his experience, skill and run. There may be opportunities in the game to switch Murphy at times into the forward half but I see him spending most of his time across half back.

bornadog
13-08-2010, 05:50 PM
But the flipside to this is we need to hold our own across our half back line with the class of Chapman and Varcoe to contend with. Murphy steadys us across that line with his experience, skill and run. There may be opportunities in the game to switch Murphy at times into the forward half but I see him spending most of his time across half back.

Who will pickup Chappy, he seems to kill us every time.

Doc26
13-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Who will pickup Chappy, he seems to kill us every time.

I said in my preview I'd put Murphy on him, well at least when Chappy's forward. I think we need experience and skill to match Chapman and to run off him where possible. Who knows we might get lucky and he tweaks his notorious hamstring/s early.

Pickenitup
13-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Easton Wood to play on Johnson would work for me

LostDoggy
13-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I know it would make us very tall but I'd love to see Roughy park in the goal square, I cant work out what they would do? I'm actually happy Grant isn't playing. Late last year we played our hand to the cats and they learnt from it and then played theirs a couple of weeks later. It will be a hard night but something tells me we will push them the whole way. ;)

LostDoggy
13-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Well, his heart says stay and his head says go, but his shoulder is torn.

nice one :D

bornadog
14-08-2010, 12:57 AM
I said in my preview I'd put Murphy on him, well at least when Chappy's forward. I think we need experience and skill to match Chapman and to run off him where possible. Who knows we might get lucky and he tweaks his notorious hamstring/s early.

Yeah, sorry I forgot to look back at that.

bornadog
14-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Easton Wood to play on Johnson would work for me

Johnson would kill him in the air. I think Hargrave is the best bet. Last year he kicked 5 on Morris.

Pickenitup
14-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Wood has a great jump which allows him to play taller and very agile good on the ground think it will
be the perfect match up and allow Shaggy to say go to Stokes.

Go_Dogs
14-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Wood has a great jump which allows him to play taller and very agile good on the ground think it will
be the perfect match up and allow Shaggy to say go to Stokes.

I'm going the opposite of you, Hargrave to Johnson, Wood to Stokes.

Flamethrower
14-08-2010, 11:03 AM
We need 3 Pickens - one on Ablett, one on Chapman and one to go all Steven Baker (without the punches) on Stevie J.

Desipura
14-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Thats what BecMatty said for this week. :p

mighty_west
14-08-2010, 01:29 PM
We need 3 Pickens - one on Ablett, one on Chapman and one to go all Steven Baker (without the punches) on Stevie J.

We also need 2 Lakes, one either end, 2 Murphy's..no wait, we have Grant now, only 1 Murph needed, oh and 2 Chris Grant's would have been nice in the 90's...;)

The Underdog
14-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I know it would make us very tall but I'd love to see Roughy park in the goal square, I cant work out what they would do? I'm actually happy Grant isn't playing. Late last year we played our hand to the cats and they learnt from it and then played theirs a couple of weeks later. It will be a hard night but something tells me we will push them the whole way. ;)

I think Roughhead will spend some time up forward but we'll have to be careful of going too tall as Geelong will destroy us if we turn it over.

divvydan
14-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Final Teams:

WESTERN BULLDOGS v GEELONG
Western Bulldogs
B: Ryan Hargrave, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Robert Murphy, Tom Williams, Easton Wood
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Liam Picken
HF: Andrejs Everitt, Liam Jones, Brad Johnson
F: Shaun Higgins, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Will Minson, Ryan Griffen, Daniel Cross
I/C: Lindsay Gilbee, Callan Ward, Brodie Moles, Jordan Roughead

Changes to the selected side
Nil

Geelong
B: Darren Milburn, Matthew Scarlett, Josh Hunt
HB: Corey Enright, Andrew Mackie, Jeremy Laidler
C: Paul Chapman, James Kelly, Jimmy Bartel
HF: Mathew Stokes, Cameron Mooney, Travis Varcoe
F: Steve Johnson, James Podsiadly, Daniel Menzel
Foll: Brad Ottens, Joel Selwood, Gary Ablett
I/C: Shannon Byrnes, Tom Hawkins, Taylor Hunt, David Wojcinski

Changes to the selected side
In: Laidler
Out: Tom Lonergan

ledge
14-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Now the question is will we take the game on or do the nervous thing we are known to do and stop , start around the 50 mtr mark?

Mofra
14-08-2010, 07:29 PM
We'll probably try and spot up a marking option at a guess - Jones will be a height mismatch who any defender takes him - ditto Roughy or Lake if they forward.

Sockeye Salmon
14-08-2010, 07:49 PM

If we had 3 Pickens I would tell one of them to go hell for leather and belt the living bejesus out of Stevie J. We really only need two anyway.

LostDoggy
15-08-2010, 12:24 AM

We will try to win next time...?