PDA

View Full Version : Jordan & Cordy

LostDoggy
13-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Not having followed any junior/development leagues, I was after some feedback on Ayce Cordy. Mainly what are some things I/we should be looking forward to in the future?

After seeing Jordan Roughead strut his stuff lately I am more than impressed by him (I'm beginning to think he's one S.Wynd reincarnated).

I guess i'm saying my expectations are high for both (sorry Will). And should we expect a P Salmon / S Madden type era coming up????

Sockeye Salmon
13-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Not having followed any junior/development leagues, I was after some feedback on Ayce Cordy. Mainly what are some things I/we should be looking forward to in the future?

After seeing Jordan Roughead strut his stuff lately I am more than impressed by him (I'm beginning to think he's one S.Wynd reincarnated).

I guess i'm saying my expectations are high for both (sorry Will). And should we expect a P Salmon / S Madden type era coming up????

Reports of Will's passing are premature.

Ayce's shoulders might not ever stand up to senior footy or he could even end up a key forward rather than a ruckman (although he did tell me that he thinks he's a ruckman).

Let's wait until Ayce manages to string together half a dozen games for Willi where he gets the ball more than 5-6 times before we annoint him the second coming.

LostDoggy
13-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Reports of Will's passing are premature.

Ayce's shoulders might not ever stand up to senior footy or he could even end up a key forward rather than a ruckman (although he did tell me that he thinks he's a ruckman).

Let's wait until Ayce manages to string together half a dozen games for Willi where he gets the ball more than 5-6 times before we annoint him the second coming.

Finally some sense! The club has thier lips all over his you know what and he hasn't even played a full season of senior footy yet!! The guy is an upside down mop. If he can ruck and play forward all of next season with Willi then he's a chance.

As for Roughy he will be around for a long time, he's a good pick up for the club.

chef
13-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Finally some sense! The club has thier lips all over his you know what and he hasn't even played a full season of senior footy yet!! The guy is an upside down mop. If he can ruck and play forward all of next season with Willi then he's a chance.

As for Roughy he will be around for a long time, he's a good pick up for the club.

How and why?

LostDoggy
13-08-2010, 08:54 PM
How and why?

How and why what??

chef
13-08-2010, 08:56 PM
How and why what??

How and why does the club have it's lips all over his you know what(the bolded bit in the quote). What makes you think this?

LostDoggy
13-08-2010, 09:10 PM
They have pumped him up and constantly give him a leg up in alot of thier media releases. The guy has done nothing yet!

GVGjr
13-08-2010, 09:30 PM
They have pumped him up and constantly give him a leg up in alot of thier media releases. The guy has done nothing yet!

He's been injured for a significant period of time so I can't see why you would be so harsh on a bloke that can't get onto the park.

It's not his fault that the coaches and club have some faith in him and drafted him early.
It's not his fault he's articulate and the club has used him to go to schools and talk to students and been in front of the media a few times.

You have belittled Cordy with your comments and I don't think it's deserved. If you have a problem with the club promoting him in the media etc then say so but don't discredit a player who's just doing what is asked of him.

He was always going to be a 3 year project player. Lets judge him at the end of 2011

Your normally a lot more supportive of the younger guys than that.

chef
13-08-2010, 10:09 PM
He's been injured for a significant period of time so I can't see why you would be so harsh on a bloke that can't get onto the park.

It's not his fault that the coaches and club have some faith in him and drafted him early.
It's not his fault he's articulate and the club has used him to go to schools and talk to students and been in front of the media a few times.

You have belittled Cordy with your comments and I don't think it's deserved. If you have a problem with the club promoting him in the media etc then say so but don't discredit a player who's just doing what is asked of him.

He was always going to be a 3 year project player. Lets judge him at the end of 2011

Well said.

LostDoggy
13-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Well said.

And so say all of us!

Bumper Bulldogs
13-08-2010, 11:52 PM
And so say all of us!

And so say all of us.:D

LostDoggy
14-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to have a whole Will vs Ayce thing going on here. I was mainly after some info on what sort of player I could expect Ayce to be? Eg good over head, good by foot, strength etc.

LostDoggy
14-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Here's a youtube of Ayce in action in the U18's a couple years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT9Vil2aIg8&feature=related

As you can see his vision, agility, hands and ground skills are elite.
If he ever gets an AFL body on him, watch out. His potential is massive.

In response to the other posts about him doing media work. I think you'll find most of the inhouse media and promos as well as school trips are usually disproportionately allocated to injured players so no surprise Ayce is doing more than his fair share. I think he'd prefer to be playing footy.

chef
14-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Hard to believe he's 200cm+ with the way he moves in those clips.

MrMahatma
14-08-2010, 08:58 AM

I actually think he's more of a 5-6 yr project player. We might get cameos out of him before that, but can't see him being ready for a full season of AFL until then - at least. Nevermind though. We'll get 10 great years out of the investment.

LostDoggy
14-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Here's a youtube of Ayce in action in the U18's a couple years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT9Vil2aIg8&feature=related

As you can see his vision, agility, hands and ground skills are elite.
If he ever gets an AFL body on him, watch out..

Thanks for that. Yeah he looks like he can play. You're right about the frame though, he needs to beef it up a bit.

strebla
14-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Some of you guys are being very harsh I recall a young Luke Darcy having a very slight frame for a number of years Ayce will come good more in the Tippet/Salmon mould for mine will be a fine second ruck at around 26 and should play forward untill then IMHO.

LostDoggy
14-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Some of you guys are being very harsh I recall a young Luke Darcy having a very slight frame for a number of years Ayce will come good more in the Tippet/Salmon mould for mine will be a fine second ruck at around 26 and should play forward untill then IMHO.

And, will we ever forget how Chris Grant looked his first couple of seasons! Tall skinny frames obviously take some time to fill out. Am I right in thinking it is all done scientifically now,and they don't rush them so as not put on too much muscle too quickly? I'm happy to be patient and reap the rewards in a few years!:)

Mofra
14-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Hard to believe he's 200cm+ with the way he moves in those clips.
He roved the ball off packs at Willy last year at least twice, and did as well as any small forward I've seen.

On the HF line he just continue to present, makes thinsg easier for his teammates up the ground. He seems to have that little something special that will take time - sadly he'll take enough time for fans to start putting him down before he starts producing on a consistent basis.