PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Members Area

LostDoggy
15-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I know it is probably not the club's fault but the Stadiums, but is there any chance you can have a reserved seat in a bulldogs only area, last night there were just as many cat supporters as dogs near me in my seat. Why are there so many available seats for anyone to sit in supposedly bulldogs members reserved seats area.

Even had to put up 2 with 2 feral cats coming down to our players race just to abuse the crap out of picken,:mad: u would think after your team has just won by 101 points u would have better things to do.

It would be great if all the dogs seats were put together with no gaps, and any unsold seats somewhere else!

bornadog
15-08-2010, 12:26 PM
You should send a memo to the Stadium as well as the AFL.

LostDoggy
15-08-2010, 12:37 PM
You should send a memo to the Stadium as well as the AFL.

I am not saying the cats fans should not have been there, they bought those seats, just think the dogs seats should be all together, with no available seats for the general public to purchase in a particular area.

bornadog
15-08-2010, 12:40 PM
I am not saying the cats fans should not have been there, they bought those seats, just think the dogs seats should be all together, with no available seats for the general public to purchase in a particular area.

I agree, but if you don't complain they won't even think about it.

Mantis
15-08-2010, 12:49 PM

How ridiculous.

Do you want them to put fences up to seperate supporters as well?

LostDoggy
15-08-2010, 01:13 PM
How ridiculous.

Do you want them to put fences up to seperate supporters as well?

what a great idea Mantis, u r on to something there. :rolleyes:

Just saying it would be better if the allocated seats were togther, instead of how they are now dotted everywhere with gaps for the general public. It would make our cheering sound louder, be much better atmosphere. The general public would still be there but not smack bang in the middle of dogs supporters.

Murphy'sLore
17-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I know what you're saying, but one of the things that makes our game special is that supporters of opposing sides can mingle peacefully, without violence and (mostly) without rancour. Certainly not the case in certain other codes and other countries. It'd be a shame to lose that with segregation. Anyway what about general public who are unaligned but come along with Dogs-supporting friends, do they have to sit separately?

Picken Knows
17-08-2010, 12:25 PM

Most of the memberships areas are all together in big blocks.

The problem with the area you are talking about is, that is an area that the bulldog reserved seats have not sold out. So those seats are going to be sold to anyone who wants to buy them. If bulldog members bought all of the reserve seats in that area, than you wouldn't have a problem.

Chicago1
17-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I know exactly what TR means. Just like the good old days when you had a season seat in the John Gent Stand or the Whitten Stand. There'd be a few enemy supporters in the Whitten Stand, but they were usually well behaved, being out numbered 100-1.

One of the worst footy experiences I ever had was sitting with a fellow teacher and his wife in the Rush Stand at Victoria Park. I remember applauding one of Kelvin Templeton's goals and being yelled at to shut up and sit down. And standing with St Kilda supporter friends in the Animal Enclosure at Moorabbin, well, Jesus H. Christ!:D

EasternWest
17-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I know it is probably not the club's fault but the Stadiums, but is there any chance you can have a reserved seat in a bulldogs only area, last night there were just as many cat supporters as dogs near me in my seat. Why are there so many available seats for anyone to sit in supposedly bulldogs members reserved seats area.

Even had to put up 2 with 2 feral cats coming down to our players race just to abuse the crap out of picken,:mad: u would think after your team has just won by 101 points u would have better things to do.

It would be great if all the dogs seats were put together with no gaps, and any unsold seats somewhere else!

When I had gold reserved seats there were always opposition supporters in the six to eight rows in front of us.

I rang the club about it (not about separate seating areas, some of the best conversations I've ever had at games have been with opposition supporters), but about why Johnny come latelies have better seats than top dollar paying members.

I was told by the club that the seats for members are allocated by the stadium, and that the stadium reserve the right to sell the better seats in front at a higher premium to whoever is willing to pay, and the Dogs had no say in it.

Hope that helps, annoying as it is.