PDA

View Full Version : Griffen trade?

chef
16-08-2010, 03:41 PM
On TV in Adelaide yesterday(ABC) it was mentioned by Rod Jameson he had heard rumblings from both sides of the border that a trade between the Bulldogs and the Crows 'Griffen for Knights and a first round draft pick' was a 'done deal'. Anyone know anything about this?

Hopefully it's crap.

DOG GOD
16-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Hopefully it is crap. Knights is getting too injury prone for me.

Desipura
16-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Its too early for the silly season.

Greystache
16-08-2010, 04:40 PM
When you hear the term done deal well before trade week you can be fairly confident it will never eventuate.

LostDoggy
16-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Knights and Pick..12-15ish? No thanks. I agree, way too early for silly season.

mjp
16-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Didn't we pass a 'No trade talk until after the finals' rule during 2009/10?

Or was it just a pledge made by me?

The season is over for Adelaide, Port, West Coast, Brisbane and (obviously) the GC...this stuff will spin out of control between now and the GF. Honestly, there are better things to talk about - like the footy. We have had enough seasons of misery in the past- 10 years where the draft and trades were all we had to look forward too.

Throughandthrough
16-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I was listening live when Jammo said it. He's normally a level headed bloke, but this didn't make any sense at all. He works near me in teh City, if I bump into him anytime soon i'll poke him in the eye.

He said that he heard, while at the Glenelg Eagles game, that the deal had been done, both players want to return home, and their managers had met thru the week and agreed to terms.

I was thinking "what the?" and then respected "Tiser Journo, Andrew Capel, asked the obvious question that The Dogs would want much, much more then that. Jammo then said (not as confidently) that a draft pick may be thrown in as well.

Since when do Player Managers dictate a Football clubs decisions as to who goes where, what's an acceptible trade etc?

Since never.

Nb if Griffo is determined to return home (and reading Fantasia's comments today, it sounds like he wants to stay) what about a Griffo /Knights - Tylor Walker swap.

Walker would happily leave the Crows in a heart beat.

1eyedog
16-08-2010, 04:59 PM
How about Minson for Knights and we'll throw in a left over ted towel

LostDoggy
16-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Absolutely not............ yes, it's way too early to start all this talk!!

Mantis
16-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I say we trade Griffen for Griffin.

At least then we could make dfa4pm's role redundant. :D

Templeton31
16-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Ludicrous. I'm with mjp on trade talk.

bornadog
16-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Ludicrous. I'm with mjp on trade talk.

Agreed.

End thread.

GVGjr
16-08-2010, 06:51 PM
On TV in Adelaide yesterday(ABC) it was mentioned by Rod Jameson he had heard rumblings from both sides of the border that a trade between the Bulldogs and the Crows 'Griffen for Knights and a first round draft pick' was a 'done deal'. Anyone know anything about this?

Hopefully it's crap.

No one can confirm if this is correct or it isn't however, it must be very doubtful. Nothing would be confirmed and the fact that people are saying it's a done deal 2 or 3 weeks from the finals must make it even more questionable.

LostDoggy
16-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Im sure Port Adelaide would have a few thoughts if and a BIG IF Griffen wanted to return home as well....

ratsmac
16-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I mad bomber supporter friend of mine told me that the bombers have made him an offer he couldn't refuse and an offer that we can not match. I don't know where he gets his info from but I hope he is wrong. I highly doubt it would happen because who the hell could they trade to get griffen, what winderlich, ppfft. If Griff was traded I think I would shed a tear. I would be as shattered as I was when Leon Cameron went to the tigers.

lemmon
16-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Not a player we can afford to lose so it would have to be a massive deal, playing his best footy and is developing quite nicely into becoming a star player.

Go_Dogs
16-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Highly doubtful I'm hoping, and probably some wishful thinking on the Crows supporters/media's behalf.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Griffen's manager was at least fielding offers from the Crows to help him get a better grip on Griffen's potential market value to help get a bigger contract with the Dogs. Makes commercial sense to me, but probably will fuel the rumors.

LostDoggy
16-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I mad bomber supporter friend of mine told me that the bombers have made him an offer he couldn't refuse and an offer that we can not match. I don't know where he gets his info from but I hope he is wrong. I highly doubt it would happen because who the hell could they trade to get griffen, what winderlich, ppfft. If Griff was traded I think I would shed a tear. I would be as shattered as I was when Leon Cameron went to the tigers.

Dont bring that up...Dark day :)
I to have heard of the bomber deal but Griff would never leave us for another Melb club if he leaves it will be to go home.

LostDoggy
17-08-2010, 02:40 AM
Hill and or Stack can go :D

(Although I do want them to stay if they can become great players for us)

EasternWest
17-08-2010, 06:07 PM

Ouch. I thought I might have offered a little more than just that.

I've got feelings you know :( :).

Imagine how my head would assplode if events conspired to get Griffin at the kennel and we had both of them.

Doc26
17-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Maybe Gary could look to implement predictive text to the forum on players names although this could get ugly.